Halloween Horror Nights 25 Discussion | Page 9 | Inside Universal Forums

Halloween Horror Nights 25 Discussion

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
I received a survey yesterday asking my opinion on whether or not I thought a VIP night would be a good idea. You pay the RIP tour rate and it includes admission and a Q&A session with creative presumably at scheduled times like a show. They limit attendance only to the people who pay the higher admission meaning that you would not need Express passes for the night. I think that would be a cool idea, despite the price, and I think it would fit in well either at the beginning of the season, like opening weekend Sunday or on an off night like an early Wednesday night.

Perhaps they're thinking of adding in one of the early Wednesdays since they have a shorter timeframe next year?

I received a survey yesterday asking my opinion on whether or not I thought a VIP night would be a good idea. You pay the RIP tour rate and it includes admission and a Q&A session with creative presumably at scheduled times like a show. They limit attendance only to the people who pay the higher admission meaning that you would not need Express passes for the night. I think that would be a cool idea, despite the price, and I think it would fit in well either at the beginning of the season, like opening weekend Sunday or on an off night like an early Wednesday night.

I think it would be incredibly boring to be working that night.

HHN needs a night that is empty...I long to walk through a house by myself again at HHN..did it once at HHN and every year at HOS and it is mind blowing

Had that last year in the walking dead house, I was first in the house when it opened and there was no one behind me for some reason ... had the same thing this year in Halloween ... funny thing about the walking dead experience last year, at one stage I took a wrong turn in the house and a zombie pointed me in the right direction :)

About what I am reading of how GhostBusters is not a good property and it won't be scary. But, what if they made the house similar to Gothic? or even Dead End?
Ghostbusters doesn't need to be gory, doesn't need to have any blood or anything like that. Technically You could combine Gothic and Dead End and add GB stuff and the house would be pretty much perfect. Obviously the costumes would be different but they could have the same type of scares. The book room would work for GB, the flying gargoyle, the actor in stilts, Pepper's ghost effect, the ghost going up the stairs...
(let's not forget the effects they used for the Legendary house...)

Seems like GB would be a perfect fit for HHN when you think about it. GB might not be a horror movie or have gore, but how is that a problem?
as far as ghosts go they have more than enough to use for the house. Specially if they use ghosts from the second movie
(Imagine the floating electric chair ghosts being used for the house, the Scoleri Brothers, how awesome that would be?)

there are so many ghosts they could use, besides of how cool the final room would be, the use of animatronics again, I don't see why this house wouldn't be one of the best ever made. Dead End certainly was an amazing house

Last edited:
About what I am reading of how GhostBusters is not a good property and it won't be scary. But, what if they made the house similar to Gothic? or even Dead End?
Ghostbusters doesn't need to be gory, doesn't need to have any blood or anything like that. Technically You could combine Gothic and Dead End and add GB stuff and the house would be pretty much perfect. Obviously the costumes would be different but they could have the same type of scares. The book room would work for GB, the flying gargoyle, the actor in stilts, Pepper's ghost effect, the ghost going up the stairs...
(let's not forget the effects they used for the Legendary house...)

Seems like GB would be a perfect fit for HHN when you think about it. GB might not be a horror movie or have gore, but how is that a problem?
as far as ghosts go they have more than enough to use for the house. Specially if they use ghosts from the second movie
(Imagine the floating electric chair ghosts being used for the house, the Scoleri Brothers, how awesome that would be?)

there are so many ghosts they could use, besides of how cool the final room would be, the use of animatronics again, I don't see why this house wouldn't be one of the best ever made. Dead End certainly was an amazing house

The issue is tone. To create a truly scary haunted house, they'd have to sacrifice what makes Ghostbusters Ghostbusters at its very core. Otherwise it's, as you described, a redux of old houses with a Ghostbusters coat of paint.

The issue is tone. To create a truly scary haunted house, they'd have to sacrifice what makes Ghostbusters Ghostbusters at its very core. Otherwise it's, as you described, a redux of old houses with a Ghostbusters coat of paint.

I doubt Universal cares about the tone of the house matching that of the movie so long as the name "Ghostbusters" helps their marketing.

"Horror nights 25, with such houses as Jacks funhouse in 3D clownOVision 2 and the ghostbusters go to silent hill, SPONSORED BY COKE"
I wouldn't mind them taking another stab at Silent Hill, but go the video game route...and Jack's Funhouse wasn't bad in my opinion

I doubt Universal cares about the tone of the house matching that of the movie so long as the name "Ghostbusters" helps their marketing.

Marketing doesn't care at all if the surveys indicate people would pay to see it. The post I quoted was addressing why many felt it wouldn't make a good house - I was responding to that.

Well its an outright throwback year, the twitter and Facebook is now asking what guests want brought back from years past. Doesn't look like it's gonna be very IP heavy :dance:

I agree, I already said somewhere that I think the throwback years were played out and stupid. Just have an anniversary year at the end of every decade so it actually means something. Every year is an anniversary of the event, why do you have to go back every 4-5 years for more 2008 stuff? Whatever I hope they treat it like they did 2010 and just restrict the theme to a couple scare zones and a house then just do whatever you want for the rest of it. Don't need sequels to houses or remakes, something new would be the most appreciated

I agree, I already said somewhere that I think the throwback years were played out and stupid. Just have an anniversary year at the end of every decade so it actually means something. Every year is an anniversary of the event, why do you have to go back every 4-5 years for more 2008 stuff? Whatever I hope they treat it like they did 2010 and just restrict the theme to a couple scare zones and a house then just do whatever you want for the rest of it. Don't need sequels to houses or remakes, something new would be the most appreciated

That's what we essentially got in 2010 - all the throwback stuff was contained to a slice of the marketing, two scare zones and a house. (Plus the Psychoscareapy sequel, but I think we can all live with that). Sadly, that resulted in a (at least in my opinion) a pretty disappointing year, and the event was sort of lacking an identity. I fear the mandatory IP houses/zones will only muddle things further.

Yeah I was referening 2010 there, something like that with more (and hopefully better) houses would be perfect for this year. Just don't want "memba this?" The year again

"New Year - New House .... #1 is written. [HASHTAG]#HHN25[/HASHTAG] "

B6YJ4NCIcAMpScQ.jpg:large

So it begins :dance: