NBC Media Center | Page 8 | Inside Universal Forums

NBC Media Center

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
^Honestly makes more sense than some sort of museum. Universal is big on corporate events, renting out that space would be a great way to get some revenue. I dont think there's enough demand for a walk-through attraction to make that the more attractive option.

Meh, all the other stuff we're getting, I'm not upset...

Screamscape is right from time to time...most of it is wild speculation though

I'm not sure if this has been seen already, I haven't been following this too closely. I was there a few days ago and it looks like they are building a wall that will effectively block off the shortcut through that area.
qcAPt7E.jpg

What was the original purpose of this area? I never quite understood its why it was there. Did it contain an attraction at one time?

Sigh. t's kinda sad that our lowest of expectations for this year/the 25th anniversary was a museum and we're not even getting that.

Sigh. t's kinda sad that our lowest of expectations for this year/the 25th anniversary was a museum and we're not even getting that.

Yeah looks like we're getting nothing this year...not even a new or updated parade.
What really upsets me is that Universal had said they would be adding at least one new attraction each year for years to come...but I guess 2015 doesn't count.

I truly hope the rumors of a second new ride next year come true. Uni better get fast tracking it though if its going to be completed in time!

Yeah looks like we're getting nothing this year...not even a new or updated parade.
What really upsets me is that Universal had said they would be adding at least one new attraction each year for years to come...but I guess 2015 doesn't count.

I truly hope the rumors of a second new ride next year come true. Uni better get fast tracking it though if its going to be completed in time!

Was that a new ride here in Orlando every year or a new ride/attraction in their parks every year?

Here's some video of the construction progress from my last visit. It looks to me that not only are they connecting the two buildings, but it looks like they're closing off the old entrance doors on the Kid Zone side and making new doors on the front of the new wall connector. In addition to the images below, I have posted some more here.

[video=youtube;ASJC359Ya3E]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ASJC359Ya3E[/video]

*removed over wall photos* -tt321

In the pictures below you can see the old entrance-way being covered up.

P1020665-1024x768.jpg

00068.MTS_.Still015.jpg

Also, not sure if we ever figured out what NBCUniversal Media Lab actually means, but I did find a mention of media labs in the NBCUniversal Technology Center in New Jersey. This video talks a little about it and it is all for employees only. That still doesn't mean what they're building in Orlando isn't going to be for park guests, but thought y'all might be interested to see.