NBC Media Center | Page 9 | Inside Universal Forums

NBC Media Center

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
I wonder how they're going to pull off the aesthetic of putting those two buildings together.

It looks like it is going up pretty tall in the one place, maybe another tower similar to the one on the left. And then lots of clay roof to blend it all together perhaps.

The steel rebar looks taller in this one place.

P1020663-1024x768.jpg

Could be a backing wall for a sign, or the start of a tower similar to this one on the left side of the building; the tallest point. Or even another chimney like there is on the right building.

If you couldn't see the photo..

*photo removed* -tt321

Jwhee, we'd rather people don't post over the wall photos like this. Thanks man.

As a general reminder, please post photos of construction as visible from normal guest areas and 'normal' means. Going to Camp Jurassic is different than holding your camera above a wall. Thanks guys. :thumbs:

Jwhee, we'd rather people don't post over the wall photos like this. Thanks man.

As a general reminder, please post photos of construction as visible from normal guest areas and 'normal' means. Going to Camp Jurassic is different than holding your camera above a wall. Thanks guys. :thumbs:

But he didn't post it did he? He provided a link to a very naughty site that posted the picture. I cannot imagine that Briman and the gang intended that we couldn't post links to other websites that break OU's posting rules.

Oh... I backed up... I guess that he did?

For shame Jwhee! :)

Last edited:

Got it from that very naughty site called Twitter. Very naughty. Did I take it? No, the person of whom is linked to in my previous post did

Here's some recent photos, and more can be seen here. Seems like they're taking their time with this project... which definitely cements it as something not meant for the public, because if it was, they'd be done by now already. ;)

P1040657-1024x768.jpg

P1040686-1024x768.jpg

The Garden of Allah Villas sign had actually been taken down for a bit while they worked on the concrete below, but now it is back.
P1040663-1024x768.jpg

P1040667-1024x768.jpg

P1040670-1024x768.jpg

P1040673-1024x768.jpg

No Insider knowledge, but I was assuming this will be for the new entrance to ET after Nintendo comes to town.

Back when this construction started that was my first guess, but permits filed show it as something called NBCUniversal Media Lab. There's something similar to that name in New Jersey and it's for Comcast employees to use and test new technologies, and allow them to use state-of-the-art teleconference tech.

Perhaps it was outsourced:shrug: to Team Disney Orlando, since it's taking so darn long.

I am wondering if they are trying out a new contracting firm and gave them a ton of time to execute it based on a reasonable bid.

Either that or they gave it to someone like Nassal and gave them the time based on any delays or slow times that might occur on things like Kong.

There is an absolutely astounding fact/story about Nassal & Universal these days that I will share once a bit more time has passed.

Last edited:
If this is indeed something that won't be used as a guest space, I'm wondering if it's taking longer because it's being funded by the TV side or the Studio side instead of the theme parks, and they aren't paying for the UOR speed construction.

Reactions: Alicia
If this is indeed something that won't be used as a guest space, I'm wondering if it's taking longer because it's being funded by the TV side or the Studio side instead of the theme parks, and they aren't paying for the UOR speed construction.
This makes sense, plus it seems like another factor would be that they are working around an existing structure that needs to stay in place. I would think that complicates things compared to a ground up construction project.

Yea, that makes sense to me... And if it's not something they can use to bring in new visitors or for marketing, there's just not a reason to pay the extra money for extra speed.