Next Attraction To Go? | Page 31 | Inside Universal Forums

Next Attraction To Go?

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Sorry for the confusion Teebin! I was wondering if they were to make a Fast and Furious attraction in Orlando, would it utilize some scenes from Hollywood's attraction and add new ones to it, just like King Kong's new attraction at IOA was said to have.

As I stated recently, I don't believe it would need to be changed much if any at all. It will be a mega attraction at USH much more than Kong 360. So much so that I believe this to be the reason that all the trams there are currently being completely rebuilt.

Keep in mind that I have no use for the franchise, but I would really want to ride this attraction.

After this weekend, I don't expect Disaster to last past the summer. This is far too popular for Universal/Comcast to ignore.

400 million worldwide over the span of a few days solidifies this property as a legitimate powerhouse. My only question is what else comes with the ride. I wouldn't be surprised to see all of San Fran become a F&F land.

If I were to bet, Supercharged will come to Orlando by the time the 8th movie releases in 2017. Teebin, do you know how long the attraction will be in Hollywood?

If I were to bet, Supercharged will come to Orlando by the time the 8th movie releases in 2017. Teebin, do you know how long the attraction will be in Hollywood?

I don't know for sure, but I would estimate 3-6 minutes. It all depends on how tight the editing for each of the three interior scenes will be. (something other than interior scenes you ask?)

While I'm very game to see FAST AND FURIOUS make its way to Orlando, I think anything less than a fully (or mostly) physical racing attraction on the scale of a Test Track or Radiator Springs Racers would be a massive misuse of the IP's potential. Fast movement, hairpin turns, steep hills and drops, real sets, real fire, explosions... the whole nine yards.

I'm no screens hater (though, yes, I do think they've SLIGHTLY become a bit of a crutch that Universal Creative has been leaning on in this decade), but in this case I don't want to watch screens simulating very fast movement of a ride vehicle, I want to be in a very fast-moving ride vehicle. If the Hollywood attraction is just going to be a riff on Kong 360 (granted, that's only the impression I've gotten), or even somehow more akin to Spider-Man or Gringotts, I wouldn't be too interested in a variant of it coming to Orlando. We've got those rides already, and they're great. I'd like to see Universal do something completely new and fresh with F&F.

The comments that Universal should move on something at the parks here for F&F NOW are pretty funny to me. As if it takes 7 films, 6 of them grossing over $100 and $200 million, to solidify a franchise.

Universal should have done this a long time ago. Hopefully with Comcast they can dust one of their concepts off the shelf and finally put it in motion for the park. I also don't think implementing ANOTHER screen based attraction is the way to go, unless it ends with a big, thrilling finish (I.E. the one Gringotts is missing).

The comments that Universal should move on something at the parks here for F&F NOW are pretty funny to me. As if it takes 7 films, 6 of them grossing over $100 and $200 million, to solidify a franchise

It's not that. It's that now it's worth throwing a ton of money at.

Also, obvious statement incoming, there are gonna be a ton of screens. You don't pay Vin Diesel, The Rock, Michelle Rodriguez, and Tyrese to shoot a big CGI action sequence and then not use it.

While I'm very game to see FAST AND FURIOUS make its way to Orlando, I think anything less than a fully (or mostly) physical racing attraction on the scale of a Test Track or Radiator Springs Racers would be a massive misuse of the IP's potential. Fast movement, hairpin turns, steep hills and drops, real sets, real fire, explosions... the whole nine yards.

I'm no screens hater (though, yes, I do think they've SLIGHTLY become a bit of a crutch that Universal Creative has been leaning on in this decade), but in this case I don't want to watch screens simulating very fast movement of a ride vehicle, I want to be in a very fast-moving ride vehicle. If the Hollywood attraction is just going to be a riff on Kong 360 (granted, that's only the impression I've gotten), or even somehow more akin to Spider-Man or Gringotts, I wouldn't be too interested in a variant of it coming to Orlando. We've got those rides already, and they're great. I'd like to see Universal do something completely new and fresh with F&F.

I semi agree with this. I think given the fact that they pulled the franchise stars for filming, that screens can and indeed will be a component of whatever could come to orlando. But, if the pending arrival of kong tells us anything it's that uni is willing to take the basic version of something(kong360) and build it up to be a better. I think that a fast and furious attraction would need to mix physical sets and screens to give us something uniquely original to get me excited for it. It would need to match the thrill of the franchise which I don't think can be done with screens and simulated fast movement.

It's not that. It's that now it's worth throwing a ton of money at.

Also, obvious statement incoming, there are gonna be a ton of screens. You don't pay Vin Diesel, The Rock, Michelle Rodriguez, and Tyrese to shoot a big CGI action sequence and then not use it.

That is likely to be the case, of course. I’d just rather see Universal do something completely different instead of pulling from the same bag of tricks they’ve already employed… admittedly, to wonderful effect, thus far.

I semi agree with this. I think given the fact that they pulled the franchise stars for filming, that screens can and indeed will be a component of whatever could come to orlando. But, if the pending arrival of kong tells us anything it's that uni is willing to take the basic version of something(kong360) and build it up to be a better. I think that a fast and furious attraction would need to mix physical sets and screens to give us something uniquely original to get me excited for it. It would need to match the thrill of the franchise which I don't think can be done with screens and simulated fast movement.

Exactly. You can get away with a screen-dependent attraction as part of the tram tour in Hollywood, because it's just one smaller component of a vast and sprawling attraction. But for F&F to truly thrive as its own marquee ride in Orlando, I think you have to find a way to make it a lightning-fast speed demon of an experience, because that's what would set it apart from the other offerings already in existence in either of the Florida parks.

But again, I'm making these judgments based mostly on what I'm assuming the Hollywood attraction is going to be like. I reserve the right to change my opinion once that attraction is open and we really see what it's all about. If it's a truly unique thing that doesn't remind too heavily of Kong 360, or Spidey, or something of that ilk, then that would alter my calculus a bit.

By all means, I'm a fan of the franchise but its hard to judge the complete strength of the franchise by the movie numbers. I know alot of movie goers went just to see paul walker for the last time. Again, before the daggers come flying my way, I WANT TO SEE THIS HAPPEN, but i just like numerous sources of supporting data.

By all means, I'm a fan of the franchise but its hard to judge the complete strength of the franchise by the movie numbers. I know alot of movie goers went just to see paul walker for the last time. Again, before the daggers come flying my way, I WANT TO SEE THIS HAPPEN, but i just like numerous sources of supporting data.

The 5th and 6th movies were big hits. Walker's final performance probably helped, but the franchise has been getting more and more popular.

I think the last thing universal needs right now is another simulator, however if disaster was to be replaced the only thing it could be is a 360 experience. After going on kong in USH I highly support the technology and the possibilities it has. Even if it's based off of F&F garbage I'd take it if the ride is longer than a minute or two. This would be something great to add alongside another attraction. The tagline could be "2 rides 2 parks" or some crap like that. I'm down uni do it

The funny thing is, when I read what I read a few weeks ago, I thought this couldn't be for real. The words are ridiculous.

And then I saw Dwayne Johnson in the interviews for 7 saying that he has to say the most ridiculous lines and keep it serious and he finds it a fun challenge.

And so it is true... and he will say ridiculous things in this attraction, perhaps over and over ad nauseam.

The funny thing is, when I read what I read a few weeks ago, I thought this couldn't be for real. The words are ridiculous.

And then I saw Dwayne Johnson in the interviews for 7 saying that he has to say the most ridiculous lines and keep it serious and he finds it a fun challenge.

And so it is true... and he will say ridiculous things in this attraction, perhaps over and over ad nauseam.

The best way I can describe these movies are over the top 80's action flicks in modern times. They are just downright fun and you can tell the cast has a blast making them.

I've been wanting a F&F ride for 14 years. I'm ready.

The best way I can describe these movies are over the top 80's action flicks in modern times. They are just downright fun and you can tell the cast has a blast making them.

And I gave you all a hint of one of his lines a week ago... :stunned:

They're far better than nearly every 80s action movie. It's amazing the care and love that goes into these films. And yea, the cast clearly love working together

They're far better than nearly every 80s action movie. It's amazing the care and love that goes into these films. And yea, the cast clearly love working together

I'd say the only 80's action movies I'd put up with them personally is Die Hard and Point Break which is ironic since the original F&F is basically Point Break.

They are just very reminiscent of the craziness that would occur. That's all.