Next Attraction To Go? | Page 33 | Inside Universal Forums

Next Attraction To Go?

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
I got confirmation yesterday that some sort of Fast & Furious attraction is being FAST tracked for Orlando. Especially after the movie set a record for making a BILLION in 16 days...

I don't think we'll ever get TF speed construction ever again... but then again I said Kong wouldn't come back

I don't think we'll ever get TF speed construction ever again... but then again I said Kong wouldn't come back

It depends on where Universal wants it on their timeline...more than likely it will not happen at that pace as the A&D work was already done for the ride once before

But if Universal wants it done quick, it will get done quick...technically every attraction could be built like that, it just costs a lot

How much of Hollywood's attraction should we expect to be used in our's? Teebin was saying it would work as a standalone ride, but I'm guessing they'd add in an outdoor segment.

How much of Hollywood's attraction should we expect to be used in our's? Teebin was saying it would work as a standalone ride, but I'm guessing they'd add in an outdoor segment.

As Hollywood's preshow takes place throughout the entire studio ride (between sights) long before you get to the big show, they can do the same thing with the queue and one or two preshow rooms in Orlando. How they get you onto the ride vehicles is a different story and one I can't answer.

Yes, and if that's the case it wouldn't take all that long since the development would be primarily the same as Hollywood. Maybe not under 12 months like Transformers, but it could be under 18 months once they start tearing down whatever they need to.

Would the ride vehicles be the same as what is being used in King Kong? I think for something like Fast & Furious it would be more fitting if it utilzes smaller vehicles so it feels more car like. They could be dispatched 2 or 3 at a time to help keep up capacity.

It's disappointing that Premier never go that drifting coaster off the ground (last I remember, it was supposed to be used in some never-to-be-built thrill park in dubai, but its pieces are now sitting in the desert wasting away?). Done the right way, that would just about be the perfect track for an F&F coaster, though probably not for an indoor ride. If I remember right, it was supposed to be installed on other coasters, but they pulled it and went with traditional designs instead, so it might not even be a possibility anymore. Was a neat coaster in RCT3, though :p

Would the ride vehicles be the same as what is being used in King Kong? I think for something like Fast & Furious it would be more fitting if it utilzes smaller vehicles so it feels more car like. They could be dispatched 2 or 3 at a time to help keep up capacity.

I don't think so, but we'll see. I'm expecting something a bit nimbler for F&F USF. But we'll see

Why? Have you heard something different from sources?

I don't want to give an emphatic "yes", but I've been told what some in Creative want to do, and that includes something a bit more faster than tram-like cars. Don't know if that will be the project that wins out, but I'm hoping it is.

I don't want to give an emphatic "yes", but I've been told what some in Creative want to do, and that includes something a bit more faster than tram-like cars. Don't know if that will be the project that wins out, but I'm hoping it is.
Is there a page or thread on OU for F&F? I would like to read more about the speculations. Without asking questions that have already been answered.

Something that I said a few months ago about being correct in one of my guesses regarding the Twister replacement, I will now confirm. There will be two theaters.

I don't know that it is Vekoma... but I based my conjecture and measurements on the Vekoma system.

Fun stuff, huh?

Something that I said a few months ago about being correct in one of my guesses regarding the Twister replacement, I will now confirm. There will be two theaters.

I don't know that it is Vekoma... but I based my conjecture and measurements on the Vekoma system.

Fun stuff, huh?
2016 or 2017?