Future Universal Projects and Parks | Page 49 | Inside Universal Forums

Future Universal Projects and Parks

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Because I have quite literally never heard of a modern coaster having a slice of rail just replaced, and certainly not one that isn't that old. Also knowing how B&Ms are manufactured and that they trust one factory in the USA to make the track, I find it unlikely. Would you mind saying which section was replaced, if you have/can get that info?

Kings Island did this to the Flight Deck/Bat during the retheme. There was a section of rail that was cut out and replaced. Never heard a reason, but I assumed due to rust or deformation. I'm sure it's not the only time its happened. No reason to think it hasn't happened on a B&M at some point.

If they're changing the ride experience, I don't see them going with a floorless B&M. First of all, there's a floorless B&M 3 miles away (Kracken), second the track is the same size, so the work to convert from a sit-down to a floorless shouldn't involve major track replacement (largely work in the station to put in the retractable floor). If they're just replacing some/all of the rails (which is also a new thing to me that I've never heard of that happening before, generally, they just replace an entire segment of problem track...very educational to hear about that!), that tells me they're just doing some maintenance to the ride. If a new experience is coming with new style trains but they're not replacing the actual track itself (so no Flyer, in other words), I'm wondering if they're converting The Hulk to a wing coaster?

Spitballing here.

A Wing Coaster would pretty much mean tearing out the entire station and launch tube and rebuilding from scratch. Pretty sure Wing coaster track is wider than standard too, so it would have to be a complete do-over.

Not much about this rumor make sense. I can't see a complete retrack. Maybe sections, or even redoing parts of the ride completely, but not replacing all the rails. The only types of trains that makes sense for the current configuration are sit downs and floorless. New sit down trains is a reasonable choice. But then to spend all that money and time to keep it Hulk is odd too. People will just think its the same ride. I'm intrigued by this whole deal. My gut says its just an extensive rehab and train replacement, but stranger things have happened.

They usually fill the supports with sand to dampen the sound, as adding it to the track would add substantial weight, but there may have been sand added to a B&M's spine. The idea of sand in the spine is sticking in my memory, just can't remember if it's because the spine has been filled on one before, or if it was because that was the original theory and it was clarified that it was in the supports.

The famous B&M roar does indeed come from the hollow box tracks and supports. Sand can be added to supports to dampen the sound, this option is usually taken when noise is an issue in the surrounding area. Whilst they can dampen the sound with sand very very few B&Ms have taken this option, Long live the B&M Roar.

FYI, as I posted in another thread another site has gone all Betteridge Law of Headlines with Marvel theme park rights. Most of the information has been semi confirmed on this site, but the headline is click bait for Disney fans.

As fun as this thread is, I'm going to lock it for time being. To much ping ponging when there are other threads focused on each particular subject.

With Brian out lets play! ;)

This week's Disney Dish with Jim Hill about Simpsons/Springfield at USH, Jim let it slip that a new project for UOR would be announced "by the time this podcast comes out". Well, we don't have an official UOR announcement, yet. In addition, this week Comcast will be having its quarterly earnings call.

Could we see more confirmation and news about projects? More info on Kong? WonderSea/Volcano Bay announcement? More 25th anniversary plans? F&F plans? What are your thoughts?

THANK YOU TT if you were the one to unlock this thread. I had a few bombs drop this past Fri & Sat and I have been banging off the walls on where to put it. :wave:

I do not feel it wise to hint at what is going on but, the whole point of my starting this thread was, "what is beyond 2017?". Well, it is in development and yet UC must reconcile another project before/while they are developing the next big one as they seem to run into each other.

THANK YOU TT if you were the one to unlock this thread. I had a few bombs drop this past Fri & Sat and I have been banging off the walls on where to put it. :wave:

I do not feel it wise to hint at what is going on but, the whole point of my starting this thread was, "what is beyond 2017?". Well, it is in development and yet UC must reconcile another project before/while they are developing the next big one as they seem to run into each other.

#BlameBrian

Awesome to hear there's some new, cool projects coming post 2017!

Comcast will mention the water park tomorrow. That kind of CapEx can't be swept under the rug.

Will UOR acknowledge it? :shrug:

Last edited:
I expect an attraction from Universal future film projects such as Great Wall (Universal Beijing mainly as the film is being shared finance with a Chinese production and is a fantasy film ) and Warcraft as Warcraft's director said that Universal's heads have been extremely happy with what they have seen with the film so far and Legendary has been trying to break into the theme park business for attractions and thats their best bet besides Jurassic World.

I expect a Pitch perfect show as its a cheap universal owned family friendly property that could easily fill seats.

When I said Uni would announce something while Brian was gone, I was only joking. I'm officially a psychic :lol: I'm guessing more details on Kong, the raptor M&G, and the NBC Sports Grill and Brew.

It looks like Universal American parks are continuing their huge profit increases. The 2015 First Quarter financial report is disclosing a huge 33.7% revenue increase (from $487 million to $651 million) and an operating cash flow increase of 54.6%. Those numbers augment continued rapid expansion. Great news for theme park fans. Diagon Alley is, and continues to be, a resounding success.

It looks like Universal American parks are continuing their huge profit increases. The 2015 First Quarter financial report is disclosing a huge 33.7% revenue increase (from $487 million to $651 million) and an operating cash flow increase of 54.6%. Those numbers augment continued rapid expansion. Great news for theme park fans. Diagon Alley is, and continues to be, a resounding success.

Thank you Harry Potter, but also give a big thank you to Cabana Bay. I would bet Cabana may be the biggest profit maker for them now, but only because the people want to come to Uni in the first place.

Other info from the earnings call:

- More aggressive hotel builds in the next 5 years.

- Expect a new attraction at EACH PARK EVERY YEAR moving forward thanks to the recent success.

Diagon Alley was really a failure for them, huh?

Status
Not open for further replies.