Inside Universal Forums

Welcome to the Inside Universal Forums! Register a free account today to become a member. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members and unlock our forums features!

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

Nintendo Coming to Universal Parks

I've been known to throw things at people during Mario Kart... :lol:

Oh the blue shell and lightning bolt have special places in hell for them but there is nothing worse than dominating an entire game of Mario Party only to have stars stolen and every other horrible thing happen to you possible. If there is a game where RNGesus was more interested in crushing dreams and causing pain than this, I haven't seen it yet.

I could be incorrect, but I do believe that Mario Kart Wii U is currently the best selling game on the console (or maybe smash bros.)...Lots of folks still love Mario Kart. Even the Cynics that have moved from platformers to first person shooters. I think it's an obvious choice for an E ticket, because it has the chance of being the most "interactive"....and that's one thing Nintendo will want. Nintendo is a game company, and they will want their theme park attractions to be games as well. An Omnimover through the land of Hyrule? Unlikely and completely boring sounding to me. i could see a Link/Zelda meet and greet though.

I could be incorrect, but I do believe that Mario Kart Wii U is currently the best selling game on the console (or maybe smash bros.)...Lots of folks still love Mario Kart. Even the Cynics that have moved from platformers to first person shooters. I think it's an obvious choice for an E ticket, because it has the chance of being the most "interactive"....and that's one thing Nintendo will want. Nintendo is a game company, and they will want their theme park attractions to be games as well. An Omnimover through the land of Hyrule? Unlikely and completely boring sounding to me. i could see a Link/Zelda meet and greet though.

I would expect a Zelda attraction. It will not be boring.

for Zelda, I hope you get to break into people's homes and steal what's in their treasure chests.

But seriously, a Mario Kart attraction translates much more easily than a Super Mario Bros. one IMO.

Endlessly rolling and breaking pots for items.

*aayyiiee!*

Grizzly, I totally understand your point about wanting to experience the "Super Mario world" rather than a "Super Mario racetrack." And I actually agree with you. Being able to finally feel the experience the feeling of LIVING inside this world is what makes this idea so special to being with.

But think about it this way....that feeling of being inside the Super Mario World can be experienced on a Diagon Alley type walk-through street. And it will be so much better than experiencing it through a ride, because you can take your time and soak up every moment, every little nook and cranny. Imagine being able to walk inside Princess Peach's castle with the paintings, being able to climb on warp pipes outside, mingling with Toads, and jumping to break open QUESTION MARK blocks....all while hearing the famous Mario themed music playing in the background. It will be magic.

You'll still get that feeling of finally being able to inhabit this world. Nintendo will make sure of it. Having MarioKart as an actual ride on top of that is just icing on the cake.

I've never been on a 'trackless' ride, but from what I've heard of Pooh's Hunny Pot, that sort of ride system seems like it could be a good fit for a kart race ride as different karts could get chased by turtle shells, others spin out on banana peals.

I have no clue what they will do but I'm sure my family will love it when we get the chance to experience it!

I can't really seeing a Mario Kart ride but I'm glad they're taking their time with planning it since it's what they're going with for Mario. A Zelda dark ride should be cool. Any word on a Donkey Kong Mine Cart Coaster? They had to at least think about it.

My hopes and dreams for Nintendoland

MarioKart E Ticket involving test track tech
Zelda trackless darkride (Mystic Manor Style venture through Hyrule)
Donkey Kong Country Mine Train

Interactive Nintendo Store
A FFB style Restaurant where I can visit multiple games for different foods (think Wreck it Ralph game station)
Toilets that make that Mario goes down the green tube sound effect when you flush (yeah I can dream)

It's important to remember that Universal did not procure this license to make glorified arcade games. This will not be DisneyQuest 2.0. Screens in one form or another will be involved, but mostly we'll be walking/riding around and experiencing wholly-interactive, themed ENVIRONMENTS.

There will be meet and greets & VIRTUAL meet and greets. One will be able to crack out their DS or cell phone here and affect change in their game as well as in the land. Truly heady stuff is being planned. Mario Kart will make kids see the Tomorrowland Speedway for the Edsel it has always been.

Harry Potter is the base starting point for the ambition of Nintendo in the parks. UC's goal is to exceed it. If it's popular, and just a cursory skimming of reactions online after the announcement was made says YES, expect multiple phases. I wouldn't expect a Donkey Kong coaster in this initial phase. Though with Universal, one never knows.

It's important to remember that Universal did not procure this license to make glorified arcade games. This will not be DisneyQuest 2.0. Screens in one form or another will be involved, but mostly we'll be walking/riding around and experiencing wholly-interactive, themed ENVIRONMENTS.

There will be meet and greets & VIRTUAL meet and greets. One will be able to crack out their DS or cell phone here and affect change in their game as well as in the land. Truly heady stuff is being planned. Mario Kart will make kids see the Tomorrowland Speedway for the Edsel it has always been.

Harry Potter is the base starting point for the ambition of Nintendo in the parks. UC's goal is to exceed it. If it's popular, and just a cursory skimming of reactions online after the announcement was made says YES, expect multiple phases. I wouldn't expect a Donkey Kong coaster in this initial phase. Though with Universal, one never knows.

I hope you're right. Phase I would take over KidZone and Phase II could take over the empty land between Springfield and World Expo. So much potential with so many properties.

Anyone think that if this Nintendo stuff is constructed where KidZone is (which I'm just gonna take as fact) they will add all the extra stuff to Springfield that Hollywood has but we don't. I have a feeling the Nintendoland would peak over the current building and make this a plausible idea.

Grizzly, I totally understand your point about wanting to experience the "Super Mario world" rather than a "Super Mario racetrack." And I actually agree with you. Being able to finally feel the experience the feeling of LIVING inside this world is what makes this idea so special to being with.

But think about it this way....that feeling of being inside the Super Mario World can be experienced on a Diagon Alley type walk-through street. And it will be so much better than experiencing it through a ride, because you can take your time and soak up every moment, every little nook and cranny. Imagine being able to walk inside Princess Peach's castle with the paintings, being able to climb on warp pipes outside, mingling with Toads, and jumping to break open QUESTION MARK blocks....all while hearing the famous Mario themed music playing in the background. It will be magic.

You'll still get that feeling of finally being able to inhabit this world. Nintendo will make sure of it. Having MarioKart as an actual ride on top of that is just icing on the cake.

I hope you're right. I feel like the land wouldn't include as much as a dedicated ride would (Boos, Bob-ombs, Shy Guys, Piranha Plants, etc.), but if it's really as immersive as Hogsmeade or Diagon Alley, then I can get onboard.

Anyone think that if this Nintendo stuff is constructed where KidZone is (which I'm just gonna take as fact) they will add all the extra stuff to Springfield that Hollywood has but we don't. I have a feeling the Nintendoland would peak over the current building and make this a plausible idea.

It's possible but haven't heard that yet. Would love it!

If they could get it a little faster, a trackless ride a la Antarctica would be cool for Mario Kart, every RV could be themed to a different character.

Personally I'd love a Captain Toad mine coaster.

Been wondering, but when is it most likely we will have Nintendoland? If Disaster is indeed closing soon, does that mean we will have F&F first and then they'll do Nintendoland? Or will they work these projects together? At this rate, all construction crews in the world will be busy on Universal stuff :)