Inside Universal Forums

Welcome to the Inside Universal Forums! Register a free account today to become a member. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members and unlock our forums features!

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

Cabana Bay Beach Resort

One of the writers on TPI just reported that he was in an Orange County Tax Appraiser meeting and the Appraiser stated that Cabana Bay is sold out every weekend. Good news for Universal and the future of affordable hotels on property.

Not entirely true, but I can say that Disney's claim they have the highest occupancy rate in Orlando is hilarious. :rofl:

I haven't used a car there yet, but the Cabana Bay parking lots are gated. So I assume they have some way of stopping this.

As some have noted those gates are pretty notoriously nonfunctional. I accidentally ended up not paying for parking during my 4 night stay -- on entry I didn't go to the front desk first, just hit the speaker/help button, and they let me in without issuing any sort of ticket or receipt. I parked, asked about it at the front desk, they said I'd pay when I left.

A few days later, left -- realized I still had no receipt and the room card did jack. Hit the speaker/help button again, and they waved me through without a word. Checked my credit card statement - no charge.

Don't recommend doing this, as it was an honest mistake, and your milage may vary. But those gates are pretty inconsistent.

As some have noted those gates are pretty notoriously nonfunctional. I accidentally ended up not paying for parking during my 4 night stay -- on entry I didn't go to the front desk first, just hit the speaker/help button, and they let me in without issuing any sort of ticket or receipt. I parked, asked about it at the front desk, they said I'd pay when I left.

A few days later, left -- realized I still had no receipt and the room card did jack. Hit the speaker/help button again, and they waved me through without a word. Checked my credit card statement - no charge.

Don't recommend doing this, as it was an honest mistake, and your milage may vary. But those gates are pretty inconsistent.

I've always paid for parking. Out of the few times i've stayed there once (the first time) I was asked. The other two times since I parked my car and took a paper ticket. on the way out I've swiped my room key which will add it to the bill.

Has anyone walked from Royal Pacific to Cabana Bay? What's the route? How far? I'm thinking about pool-hopping in August.

Thanks

You walk right past it if you take the walking path to the parks. It's about a ten minute walk, resort-to-resort.

Doubt it. No room with VB going in.

The way that they were configured (as towers) there is theoretically still room available as they were sitting on the VB side of the line (a line which is still there as the service road behind Cabana). However, I would kinda/sorta agree that possibly that idea may have been tossed out based on the water grade plans.

Has anyone walked from Royal Pacific to Cabana Bay? What's the route? How far? I'm thinking about pool-hopping in August.

Thanks

A little pro tip, if you follow the path from Cabana to Royal Pacific the signs will lead you to the side of the building where you can either continue along to the park or head to the RP lobby or pool area. But . . . . . when you walk along the path as you are getting to the RP property you will cross a little street at the edge of the property that takes you back to the convention center. Take that sidewalk along the street to get to the pool/boat dock area and save yourself a few extra min instead of going around the lake to the front side of the property

The towers weren't going to have that many, were they? I thought it was like 750-800 total
No. They were not , but there was supposed to be the towers and a boutique totaling about 1500 or a little more a less altogether.
(Towers 800) Botique (500) and an additional tower for Royal Pacific. I'm assuming Sapphire took care of that though. Would make sense being a 1000 room resort.

No. They were not , but there was supposed to be the towers and a boutique totaling about 1500 or a little more a less altogether.
(Towers 800) Botique (500) and an additional tower for Royal Pacific. I'm assuming Sapphire took care of that though. Would make sense being a 1000 room resort.

Sapphire was essentially green lit before the Towers rumors came to be though. Point being Sapphire is just another brick in the wall...

Has anybody booked a room for just two people and had more stay in the room?? The people I'm going with dont care about early entry and so it would be worth it for us to save the money. Just wondering if anybody has done this?

Here's a dumb question. One of our party is arriving at CBBR at noon on a Monday. The rest of us won't make it in till nearly midnight. Will the front desk be willing to hold our other three room keys so we won't have to wake up the early bird?