Next Attraction To Go? | Page 41 | Inside Universal Forums

Next Attraction To Go?

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
5 highly details, 20 ft animatronics. Doesn't matter how many movements they have, they're going to be prohibitively expensive, hard to keep going, and wouldn't fit in the size of the attraction. The yeti didn't have a lot of movements, and look where we are with that one.

Well part of Yeti's problem is the AA engineers were allowed a little too much free reign and made it as big and powerful and bad as it could be without thinking about the repercussions on the foundation.

Twister has been rumored to go for awhile now. With all of the possibilities that have been brought up on this site, it's disappointing that this is the one that Universal went with. Hopefully it turns out better than we think.

I do like how we keep excusing the lack of physical set pieces and animatronics as "too expensive." It's one thing if we're explaining why Creative is making these decisions - it's quite another if we're "justifying" it.

This Fallon thing sounds pretty underwhelming. Twister has needed to go for many years, but I'm not sure this is the right move.

We really have no idea how this is going to turn out. What is gonna make or break this attraction is the script and the film. And as of now, we have no idea about either of those elements.

And since permits have been filed, Twister is history and Fallon is coming. This talk should be moved on to the Project 727 thread. And we should move on to Doom or Curious George.

I do like how we keep excusing the lack of physical set pieces and animatronics as "too expensive." It's one thing if we're explaining why Creative is making these decisions - it's quite another if we're "justifying" it.

Lack of physical sets has never been an issue. Gringotts has some of the biggest sets in Orlando.

As for the expensive thing, at the time Transformers was being designed, it very much WAS an issue. It was before the Potter and Comcast money was behind the parks full force.

And I'd be very surprised if Doom doesn't go

Could some one summarize what the Doom rumor is? I must have missed this, but are they thinking of a Doom (the game) ride?

Because they're still building attractions that can't be done with AAs. Plus, last time I checked there's a lot of AAs inside the Gringotts ride building.

Many have said animatronics got cut from the ride path. The sets on Gringotts are mighty impressive, but they lack animation - they're just tunnels from one screen to the next. What separates Spider-Man from Gringotts is its seamless integration from screen animation to physical reality animation. (FJ attempts this to a lesser extent.)

Gringotts is still a great ride. But with some physical, "holy cow!" moments like the Hobgoblin fireball, it could've been even more extraordinary.

No arguments from me on Transformers for the reasons you stated.

Reactions: Shadow Carelli
The number of animatronics throughout the land is pretty impressive. The snake in the side window of the menagerie is one of my favorites.

Yea, the snakes are terrific.

The removal of Dr. Doom's Fearfall to make way for a marvel expansion.

The footprint of Dr. Doom's Fearfall isn't that big so how will it make up space to expend Marvel Island?

Doom + the Carnage warehouse + empty space = an area about the same size as Spider-Man.

Reactions: SeventyOne