Next Attraction To Go? | Page 40 | Inside Universal Forums

Next Attraction To Go?

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
After the swing and miss Fast N Furious addition to the Hollywood tram tour, I would be seriously thinking about the quality of my future attractions if I was Universal.

Are they seriously going to build a crappy capacity Fallon simulator and lose out on a significantly larger capacity attraction in Twister? If that's the case, then they had better open two more heavy capacity attractions to balance it out, or they'll have a real bomb on their hands.

Are they seriously going to build a crappy capacity Fallon simulator and lose out on a significantly larger capacity attraction in Twister?

It feels more and more like they are willing to sacrifice a unique attraction that has great capacity for a crappy and old ride system that has terrible capacity all for the sake of synergy. Comcast has done great things at Universal lately, in which we are all grateful, but this just feels like something the most hated company in the country would do: give a inferior product for what, higher NBC ratings?

Some new news that I have been sitting on for a bit. 727 as it stands now is very low capacity. On top of this, they are toying with the idea of making it return pass only... or as they like to call it, a "queueless attraction". We shall see. :look:

This syncs up basically exactly with things I heard last year.

Not defending this project, as I think it's a poor one outside of thematic upgrades, but the entire park is basically high capacity attractions aside from Despicable Me.

True, Skip. Eventually it won't matter. However, when the attraction first opens, people are going to want to ride it. If its ridership numbers are low, there are going to be people that don't get to experience it each day that want to (I'm intentionally discounting whether or not they return another day and ensure that they get on it--which they likely will). And in the event that it's a slam-dunk that people really enjoy and it remains popular...well, now the problem still remains.

I just want to smack them upside the head and tell them that this is a BAD idea.

Reactions: Cheezbat
I apologize, I was under the impression the ride system was sort of poor quality... Still, the way you guys are talking I'm really not thrilled about this.

I apologize, I was under the impression the ride system was sort of poor quality... Still, the way you guys are talking I'm really not thrilled about this.

Nah, it just seems like a typical and easy choice.

That said, it is all about the film and projection, and unlike the others, it will be in 3D. Non of the others have been to my knowledge which is limited at best. So, let's hope the film is more than worth seeing.

I promise you... this ain't cheap at all. Challenging yes. Cheap no.

I will bet you that this will cost more than BGT's and SW's new coasters combined.
That doesn't mean much. Having to pay actors for filming costs a pretty penny already. Add in a kind of high-tech ride system and there ya go. Already more than both coasters combined.

And more 3-D??? Are you serious? Ugh 3-D fatigue hit with Transformers...I was really hoping Gringotts wouldn't be, but of course it is...and soon Kong will be too...and Furious probably will be.

When will this 3-D stuff end? It's starting to get ridiculous.

Reactions: martymcflyy85
That doesn't mean much. Having to pay actors for filming costs a pretty penny already. Add in a kind of high-tech ride system and there ya go. Already more than both coasters combined.

And more 3-D??? Are you serious? Ugh 3-D fatigue hit with Transformers...I was really hoping Gringotts wouldn't be, but of course it is...and soon Kong will be too...and Furious probably will be.

When will this 3-D stuff end? It's starting to get ridiculous.

Once someone discovers how to do 3-D without the glasses then it will probably be the end of the glasses part..

Screens conserve space and take you places that AAs do not (i.e. imagine Transformers with AAs)..

I do however think simulators are becoming stale..

Once someone discovers how to do 3-D without the glasses then it will probably be the end of the glasses part..

Screens conserve space and take you places that AAs do not (i.e. imagine Transformers with AAs)..

I do however think simulators are becoming stale..
I would have much rather seen Transformers use AA's...imagine starting the ride off with Ironhide AA telling you to report to Optimus Prime...and then it switched over to the current ride we have...but in the middle where Optimus and Megatron are fighting, instead of the screen, have them be giant AA's locked in battle...then Optimus tells you to protect the all spark...back to the current attraction with screens...until the ending where Optimus tells you to report in...and we see Bumblebee in one corner giving you a thumbs up, and a massive Optimus congratulating us on a job well done...then pass by the 'dead' Megatron.

Right there I only mentioned 5 animatronics. Seeing as how only Ironhide and the final Optimus would need more than a few movements, I don't see how it would have been hard to do. It's not like they would actually transform in front of us.

Being a ride about robots, It would have been so much cooler having actual robots.

I would have much rather seen Transformers use AA's...imagine starting the ride off with Ironhide AA telling you to report to Optimus Prime...and then it switched over to the current ride we have...but in the middle where Optimus and Megatron are fighting, instead of the screen, have them be giant AA's locked in battle...then Optimus tells you to protect the all spark...back to the current attraction with screens...until the ending where Optimus tells you to report in...and we see Bumblebee in one corner giving you a thumbs up, and a massive Optimus congratulating us on a job well done...then pass by the 'dead' Megatron.

Right there I only mentioned 5 animatronics. Seeing as how only Ironhide and the final Optimus would need more than a few movements, I don't see how it would have been hard to do. It's not like they would actually transform in front of us.

Being a ride about robots, It would have been so much cooler having actual robots.

That would be awesome!!!!

The cost would be a nightmare for development, install, and repairs...

Projector bulbs are more cost effective...