Next Attraction To Go? | Page 43 | Inside Universal Forums

Next Attraction To Go?

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
I think people need to seriously temper their expectations when it comes to this area. UOR still needs some amount of backstage storage and staging inside the resort, and this is about the only place remaining. Not to mention the fact that it houses 2 houses for HHN.

Ooh, didn't know all that. Could they possibly move the backstage/staging stuff to in between the two parks (between HRRR & Seuss)? I think there are a couple of HHN houses in that area too though so maybe not.

I'd think with Kidzone,Disaster, Twister & Beetlejuice areas all being shut down for two to three years that there would be little chance they'll close anything else in the Studios during that period. Except for a Fear Factor replacement.No info, just common sense.

T2 is by far my fav attraction in all of universal. With all of this new stuff announced im hoping it stay for atleast acouple more years.
T23D is my favorite attraction as well...I've seen that show so many times and I still get chills every time. Not that many people seem to appreciate it though sadly. My guess is that it will close within 3 years.

T2 is by far my fav attraction in all of universal. With all of this new stuff announced im hoping it stay for atleast acouple more years.

I love T2 also. Forgot where I heard, but I heard that they might give T2 an update.

I think MIB should go. I don't find nothing too amazing about the ride imo.

Last edited:
I never understood why T23D has never had a full update... after so many movies following T2 and they still stuck in the same. I don't get why it's so hard to redo the 3D movie and script. I feel the same way about Mission Space, it's just a movie with old, old! CGI, why can they just update the movie to new technology so it does not look so outdated and cheap to 2015's eye standards. It's just a movie, not a building reconstruction.

Reactions: Knothead
I never understood why T23D has never had a full update... after so many movies following T2 and they still stuck in the same. I don't get why it's so hard to redo the 3D movie and script. I feel the same way about Mission Space, it's just a movie with old, old! CGI, why can they just update the movie to new technology so it does not look so outdated and cheap to 2015's eye standards. It's just a movie, not a building reconstruction.

I don't want to steer this off course. But I just heard they might be updating the seating, lights, maybe make it HD. I don't think they would put a whole new movie in, but maybe I'm wrong too. I love the Terminator series period. It should stay.

I don't want to steer this off course. But I just heard they might be updating the seating, lights, maybe make it HD. I don't think they would put a whole new movie in, but maybe I'm wrong too. I love the Terminator series period. It should stay.
I agree, it should stay and I hope your rumor is a fact. It a great theater and it should be used to the max.

Seeing as they've already cleared out one theater, I'm all for Shrek getting the boot :wave:

Seriously though, IOA needs some love before we continue rebuilding USF (I'm looking at you Toon/LC)

Reactions: Cheezbat
Okay but lets not forget that James Cameron himself was the one who directed the entire film, and the film alone cost $24 million to make. Stan Winston (who also did effects for jurassic park) came back for it as well. Not to mention the original actors from t2 all returned for their characters as well. Redoing the entire film without all of them would definitely be a bad idea imo. Personally I love it. Really the only thing in the attraction that looks noticeably outdated to me is the preshow.

Last edited:
Reactions: Paul9251 and Quint
Okay but lets not forget that James Cameron himself was the one who directed the entire film, and the film alone cost $24 million to make. Stan Winston (who also did effects for jurassic park) came back for it as well. Not to mention the original actors from t2 all returned for their characters as well. Redoing the entire film without all of them would be definitely be a bad idea imo. Personally I love it. Really the only thing in the attraction that looks noticeably outdated to me is the preshow.
and the stick holding the T-800 (College Roomate) as it comes in thru the freshly blown up wall. :lol:

Seriously though, IOA needs some love before we continue rebuilding USF (I'm looking at you Toon/LC)

IOA is getting Kong in 2016 but after that it looks like it's back to USF with Fallon and F&F in 2017 and Nintendo in 2018.

2019 marks the 20th anniversary so they will probably do something then. Avengers? Lorax/Grinch finally? JP ride?

Seeing as they've already cleared out one theater, I'm all for Shrek getting the boot :wave:

I'm marginally surprised they haven't spent the relatively modest amount of money it'd take to do just a simple overlay on Toon Lagoon with Nickelodeon or DreamWorks or something.

Reactions: captainmoch
Okay but lets not forget that James Cameron himself was the one who directed the entire film, and the film alone cost $24 million to make. Stan Winston (who also did effects for jurassic park) came back for it as well. Not to mention the original actors from t2 all returned for their characters as well. Redoing the entire film without all of them would definitely be a bad idea imo. Personally I love it. Really the only thing in the attraction that looks noticeably outdated to me is the preshow.
Minor technicality: the T2:3D film was actually directed by 3 different people. Cameron only din the principal photography with the lead actors, Stan Winston directed the shots with the endoskelleton, and the rest was shot by visual effects designer John Bruno. Gary Goddard directed the live action show.

I'd think with Kidzone,Disaster, Twister & Beetlejuice areas all being shut down for two to three years that there would be little chance they'll close anything else in the Studios during that period. Except for a Fear Factor replacement.No info, just common sense.

Well sure. But in 2018 they'll be ready to close more swathes of things. ;)

IOA is getting Kong in 2016 but after that it looks like it's back to USF with Fallon and F&F in 2017 and Nintendo in 2018.

2019 marks the 20th anniversary so they will probably do something then. Avengers? Lorax/Grinch finally? JP ride?

IoA isn't being left out.:wave:

Reactions: Blue
I think Mummy is too popular to go. It's not super high maintenance like Kong/Disaster were, and while it is large, it's also an e-ticket, unlike Jaws which had a huge plot for a d-ticket. Also, I'm pretty sure the series is getting a reboot soon.

E.T. is probably safe. One of the few dark rides, the last remaining opening day attraction, the last remaining E.T. Adventure, and Spielberg would probably be angry if it went.

I feel like MIB is safe unless UOR starts running into space issues once again.

Terminator could probably go, but Shrek I'm not so sure. I still notice a lot of Shrek merch around the parks, so you would think they still sell? That said... I hope it goes. That show is just waaaay too annoying with it's 3D. Almost all of the effects feel forced.

Minor technicality: the T2:3D film was actually directed by 3 different people. Cameron only din the principal photography with the lead actors, Stan Winston directed the shots with the endoskelleton, and the rest was shot by visual effects designer John Bruno. Gary Goddard directed the live action show.
You can find out more interesting tidbits to questions like these in Seth's new book!

Reactions: Skubersky