Inside Universal Forums

Welcome to the Inside Universal Forums! Register a free account today to become a member. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members and unlock our forums features!

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

Project 766 - Employee Parking Garage

^ Also the reason we were talking about wardrobe is because it's what people wanted to talk about. As you can see not a lot of parking deck enthusiasts keeping the conversation going.

The topic of the thread is just as silly, the project has no real affect on non-team members.

And we were talking about it from the discussion of if they were going to move the TMs currently parking in the deck back to the main lot.

This topic is not silly at all....

Why, you ask...

Because this parking lot takes up 1/4-1/3 of the current parking space... that means more land. Also, chances are all the buildings (offices, creative, wardrobe, props) may be centralized into one giant building just like in hollywood...

What does this mean?

More.... Space.

And as we have seen in the last 5 years, they are doing a great job utilizing space.

Last edited:
This topic is not silly at all....

Why, you ask...

Because this parking lot takes up 1/4-1/3 of the current parking space... that means more land. Also, chances are all the buildings (offices, creative, wardrobe, props) may be centralized into one giant building just like in hollywood...

What does this mean?

More.... Space.

And as we have seen in the last 5 years, they are doing a great job utilizing space.

For that to happen the parking deck is going to need to grow. If I recall correctly the deck will be a few spots shy of equaling the number of spots the lot had prior to the deck. So many of those added spots are going to go toward the thousand plus jobs being created in potter two (plus the increased attendance in USF) as well as presumably to pull the TMs parking in the guest deck back to the TM lot.

I wonder how many more levels the new garage was designed to handle, in addition to what they are constructing in this phase.
I'm not sure how much higher they would want to go. If they go too much higher it would be pretty visible from the park.

As it is, the team member garage is visible inside the park with four stories. I would guess they will just continue to add more garage on the other side of the lot.

So based on my knowledge on the garage, it looks as if it won't be that large of an expansion... just a slight expansion into the current surface lot behind the garage (closest to Turkey Lake) and will connect in.

Ooooops... I was joking joking joking.... I was worried that the darting eyes emoticon might confuse a few of you older members. It was just overkill humor regarding my drone about fireworks recently. Sorreee!
Yeah, that's what I thought.....But how's this for a far out in left field idea? Really crazy, but you never know. Perhaps they are concerned about losing so much capacity by closing Kidzone down while they still are short of capacity due to Disaster & Twister shutdown. Put up a quick garage extension. Move the pyro and other junk out of the area behind MIB/Simpsons to the remaining flat parking lot. Move the Nintendo expansion to that MIB/Simpsons plot of land. Kidzone stays open until they fill it with a post Nintendo expansion. I know, this idea is really outlandish, but it does make a 'little' sense, at least for discussion's sake.

So if the employee garage expansion is still project 766, then what is project 620? Is that discussed somewhere else here?

So if the employee garage expansion is still project 766, then what is project 620? Is that discussed somewhere else here?

620 is fast and furious and is discussed in another thread. (I have a text list of projects as I cannot remember them all. Some numbers of which none of you have yet to hear... way out there stuff)