Project 766 - Employee Parking Garage | Page 9 | Inside Universal Forums

Project 766 - Employee Parking Garage

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Maybe the difference between them is that Uni have the cash now to inject which wont affect annual results, where as Disney are only signing off multi year projects so that they spread the cost over multiple years, which looks better in their end of year accounting, and keeps shareholders happy?

This is just speculation based on how we do things at work (I work with Project Portfolios for a large bank)

Maybe the difference between them is that Uni have the cash now to inject which wont affect annual results, where as Disney are only signing off multi year projects so that they spread the cost over multiple years, which looks better in their end of year accounting, and keeps shareholders happy?

This is just speculation based on how we do things at work (I work with Project Portfolios for a large bank)

Pretty much.

These shots from a week ago deserve a look:

From @MagicCityMayhem:

"Progress of the TM garage."
BdoV5-PIYAAYCPW.jpg:large

"This one is specially for @hatetofly"
BdoZDspIMAAo06h.jpg:large

".@UORBuzz @hatetofly here's another close shot."
BdodkkWIQAAf6Th.jpg:large

"4 shots of the new TM garage in 1 place!"
BdoxOVSIAAAek36.jpg:large

And from @hatetofly:

"Universal Orlando Employee Parking Garage."
BdoIQbcIEAEQsfx.jpg:large

May I just say... Downtown Disney parking garage... Bahahaha! Eat your heart out!

They are moving right along, however, I cannot get my bearings in any of the shots above. I would love to see the main office building or HRRR in a pic of this new garage.

They are moving right along, however, I cannot get my bearings in any of the shots above. I would love to see the main office building or HRRR in a pic of this new garage.

The second picture is facing Turkey Lake Road, the third is facing Vineland Road. The other pictures are kind of confusing though.

The second picture is facing Turkey Lake Road, the third is facing Vineland Road. The other pictures are kind of confusing though.

Thanks. So that is the full width of the garage or is there more to come? The third facing Vineland makes it look so narrow.

All said, might we all thank JKR for giving thousands of Americans jobs in supporting the demand and popularity of Harry Potter. These guys were piss out of work 3 years ago.

Last edited:
I just hope TM's that work in the front areas of the parks (Entrances, Production Central, MSHI) get to use this garage. They've been making them park in one of the guest parking structures and having to make them walk through all of CityWalk to get to their store/attraction is a big inconvenience.

I'm sure I'm preaching to the choir here, but I am so happy for Universal and their ambitious expansion. Thankfully this parking structure is RIGHT BEHIND Diagon, so the influx of employees are gonna be able to park close to work.

Well I am glad to see that I am not the only one who still thinks this project is a little exciting. :thumbs:

TM parking garage from what I have heard is supposed to be a 6 month project. The days of showing up 1 hour early to find a spot are over!!

The TMs will all be excited for sure. Sadly this wasn't an issue until they sold parking lot to build those apartments. The things they did to scrape the money together to build potter 1.

I just hope TM's that work in the front areas of the parks (Entrances, Production Central, MSHI) get to use this garage. They've been making them park in one of the guest parking structures and having to make them walk through all of CityWalk to get to their store/attraction is a big inconvenience.

From what I understand the worst part of that is actually the wardrobe facility out in the parking deck. With the parking situation right now many of those TMs are happy to not have to worry about it. That being said I hope they pull them back to the regular lot, to many TMs walking through city walk not engaging guests makes for bad first/last impressions.

Apparently they started painting the parking structure already! I have a feeling this is just the first parking structure of several taking over the employee lot. They are hiring HUNDREDS of new employees for Diagon Alley and will continue hiring more as time goes on.

Is it a matter of expense? Obviously I would think that some costumes are more expensive than others, so they don't let them all leave?

All non-potter wardrobes can have home care. Potter wardrobe can not leave the property.

Team members get an extra 15 minutes on their check each day they work if they get changed on property. But they can elect to give that up and bring their clothes home with them.