Shanghai Disneyland | Page 11 | Inside Universal Forums

Shanghai Disneyland

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
The same thing Happened when Hong Kong opened. Much of Paris' lifespan the park was treated like a piece of trash by guests. Cultures vary everywhere.
Agree Paris is, a lot of the lawns in the Hub area are ruined regularly by guests climbing over railings!

So, Americans destroy queues and other cultures destroy lawns. Japan sounds to be the most polite and respectful.

I've always been of the mindset that there's some sort of xenophobia going on with the [HASHTAG]#thankshanghai[/HASHTAG] movement and such.

Reactions: Fatality
...So, after a long day seeing all the photos and videos of Shanghai Disney on my computer (thanks to all those lovely twitter accounts posting images and videos there!); I must say how fast this park got a 180 somewhat surprised me.

It took time, but the more I see of it; I like the look of Shanghai Disneyland, definitely much more than the prior weeks before.

I love the interior photos that have been coming for Storybook, Tron looks AMAZING (Hoping to god it comes to either one of the US Parks) and it seems that its faring much better than I expected (I expected WORSE than DL1955 thanks to the photos.. prior to the first invite-softing).

Even if we're a month out, color me surprised and shocked that I am enjoying the photos and videos coming out.

Now, can someone help me grow back into a state of hating the idea? No, oh ok.

I think the people that are seemingly giddy at the thought of SHDL failing simply are haters that probably only travel to either DL or WDW exclusively. There's no logical reason to want this park to fail, especially since so much is riding on it's success/failure.

Reactions: Jon84
I think the people that are seemingly giddy at the thought of SHDL failing simply are haters that probably only travel to either DL or WDW exclusively. There's no logical reason to want this park to fail, especially since so much is riding on it's success/failure.

Seriously. You should want this park to be a huge success. Otherwise, it's more cuts here stateside.

Reactions: Jon84 and Nick
I always thought it was a beautiful park, even in the initial sketches.

And yeah, if this park doesn't do well WDW is going to bear the brunt even more. I thought it was a mistake to build this park, but it's here, and I really hope it succeeds.

Last edited:
Reactions: tankart150
TRON was actually planned for WDW a long time ago. Where Carousel of Progress sits and the employee parking lot behind TL.

It seems all the good Blue Sky projects for WDW end up in Asian Parks.

From what it seems; it is unfortunately shorter than I would of thought it'd be, but the effects on Tron looks great.

It's still not a bad length though. I'd love to see something similar come stateside. Maybe replace RnRC although you'd obviously have to remove the inversions.

...So, after a long day seeing all the photos and videos of Shanghai Disney on my computer (thanks to all those lovely twitter accounts posting images and videos there!); I must say how fast this park got a 180 somewhat surprised me.

It took time, but the more I see of it; I like the look of Shanghai Disneyland, definitely much more than the prior weeks before.

I love the interior photos that have been coming for Storybook, Tron looks AMAZING (Hoping to god it comes to either one of the US Parks) and it seems that its faring much better than I expected (I expected WORSE than DL1955 thanks to the photos.. prior to the first invite-softing).

Even if we're a month out, color me surprised and shocked that I am enjoying the photos and videos coming out.

Now, can someone help me grow back into a state of hating the idea? No, oh ok.
I personally agree.

I hope it's a BIG success so all of the stateside parks stop getting cut and the resorts can peacefully coexist.

Torn looks GREAT. What are you talking about? I can't wait to ride that thing. I just rode a super barebones version of it at Knott's Berry Farm called Pony Express and I was even impressed with that. :lol: I can't imagine it with all that theming.

See I hated the Pony Express and thought it was boring. I definitely like the effects but I would rather something better come along than just settle for Tron. If anything POTC Battle for the Sunken Treasure needs to be brought over more than anything, the AAs and some of the effects just shown in some of the clips are mystic manor level good.