TEA Theme Park Index 2015 | Inside Universal Forums

TEA Theme Park Index 2015

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Feb 15, 2012
This came out early!

All major parks had attendance increases except for Tokyo Disneyland. Major winner is USJ which jumped up 18%.

TEA's numbers are still not incredibly accurate. Hearing reports already that many parks that aren't Disney have been underestimated quite a bit. (Knotts said to be 3.8 mill but investor calls Ouimet says 5 mill). And DHS is now breaking the actual capacity of the park (if not fire code).

http://www.teaconnect.org/images/files/TEA_159_241229_160525.pdf

Let the data debate begin!! :)

I love that the cover is labelled as Magic Kingdom:bonk:

Reactions: Scott W.
This came out early!

All major parks had attendance increases except for Tokyo Disneyland. Major winner is USJ which jumped up 18%.

TEA's numbers are still not incredibly accurate. Hearing reports already that many parks that aren't Disney have been underestimated quite a bit. (Knotts said to be 3.8 mill but investor calls Ouimet says 5 mill). And DHS is now breaking the actual capacity of the park (if not fire code).

http://www.teaconnect.org/images/files/TEA_159_241229_160525.pdf
Thanks for the early posting of the info. TEA is kind of a joke, but unfortunately there's a couple of theme park internet sites that post their results like they're gospel. I expect to see big articles on a few sites real soon today.

2015 Orlando Market Share Update:

MK + EPCOT + AK + DHS = 54,040,000

USF + IOA = 18,377,000

SeaWorld = 4,777,000

Total = 77,194,000

Disney Market Share = 70.0%(-0.9% from last year)

Universal Market Share = 23.8%(+1.2% from last year)

SeaWorld Market Share = 6.2%(-0.3% from last year)

(Knotts said to be 3.8 mill but investor calls Ouimet says 5 mill)

While TEA's numbers can be on the borked side, I know multiple people who questioned Ouimets claim of 5 million for Knotts. We have a feeling he added the attendance of Soak City to the theme park's attendance.

While TEA's numbers can be on the borked side, I know multiple people who questioned Ouimets claim of 5 million for Knotts. We have a feeling he added the attendance of Soak City to the theme park's attendance.

Ive been contact by a few people saying the numbers are way off but no specifics beyond the Knotts example.

2015 Orlando Market Share Update:

MK + EPCOT + AK + DHS = 54,040,000

USF + IOA = 18,377,000

SeaWorld = 4,777,000

Total = 77,194,000

Disney Market Share = 70.0%(-0.9% from last year)

Universal Market Share = 23.8%(+1.2% from last year)

SeaWorld Market Share = 6.2%(-0.3% from last year)

This assumes WDW's numbers are accurate.

Reactions: SeventyOne
If Orlando and Japan benefited to that extent from their Potter expansions, it becomes almost toxic if Universal don't capitalise with further fully fledged expansions of his huge IP.

Wow, that jump for USJ is huge. Glad they're going to continue to expand as the park cannot currently handle the influx of guests it's receiving. I'd expect yet another jump for this year with Flying Dinosaur.

Also honestly never realized how big the gap is between Disneyland and DCA attendance. I would have thought it would have closed more after Cars Land but it's still literally half and those gates could not be closer.

Wow, that jump for USJ is huge. Glad they're going to continue to expand as the park cannot currently handle the influx of guests it's receiving. I'd expect yet another jump for this year with Flying Dinosaur.

Also honestly never realized how big the gap is between Disneyland and DCA attendance. I would have thought it would have closed more after Cars Land but it's still literally half and those gates could not be closer.
DCA has been improving in attendance ever since Cars. It's just that attendance was in the tank prior to it opening.

Yeah, these numbers are probably crap. We'll never get the true numbers because I don't think these companies have any idea of the "true" numbers.

But, USF overtook a Disney park in USA. Has anybody ever overtaken a Disney USA park? Ever? I think that part is absolutely huge. Even with Disney's crappy math, Universal is still slowly closing in. I'd be shocked if something (*cough* promotions / discounts *cough*) doesn't happen in Disney soon to help compensate.

A good example of how good these TEA people are at doing their job. Their original report cover page featured WDW Magic Kingdom, but the castle picture was of Disneyland's Sleeping Beauty Castle. About half way through the day yesterday, probably because of readers alerting them, they corrected the castle picture to Cinderella Castle. Some real big time professionals there. But, of course, some sites had big stories, reporting their results as gospel. What a joke. I'd venture to guess they didn't even know DHS shut all of those attractions down. :lol:

Reactions: IzzyB
A good example of how good these TEA people are at doing their job. Their original report cover page featured WDW Magic Kingdom, but the castle picture was of Disneyland's Sleeping Beauty Castle. About half way through the day yesterday, probably because of readers alerting them, they corrected the castle picture to Cinderella Castle. Some real big time professionals there. But, of course, some sites had big stories, reporting their results as gospel. What a joke. I'd venture to guess they didn't even know DHS shut all of those attractions down. :lol:

See Post #2 of this thread, first thing I noticed!!

Reactions: Mad Dog