TEA Theme Park Index 2015 | Page 3 | Inside Universal Forums

TEA Theme Park Index 2015

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Disney deluxe hotels offer for this summer 30% off, something they never did before and you can still book them. I think there is a moment that people look at what they are getting and thing enough is enough.
Last quarter WDW did ok (in their call) but if I remember well it was said that the CEO took a huge paycut to make numbers more positive than they probably where. Sure Disney will always see their timeshare hostages arrive but I have feeling spending is down.

On the other hand Universal could create more money from less visitors. For instance parking. Disney needs to pay for the trains on the parking lot, a driver+1, maintenance and booths for each parking lot.
Universal has no trains only elevators and moving stairs and walkways and 1 entrance for 2 parks for parking.
In the end the size of WDW costs them more than Universal.
What I try to say is, not only the amount of visitors are saying how successful a park is financially.

Reactions: UNIrd and Mad Dog
I know the report is to be taken with a pinch on salt but interesting to see how Universal Studios in closing in on Disney Hollywood Studios, with current growth rates could we see it overtake next year.

I know the report is to be taken with a pinch on salt but interesting to see how Universal Studios in closing in on Disney Hollywood Studios, with current growth rates could we see it overtake next year.

It's been overtaken since 2014, but well when you build the models off of Disney's tourist patterns it reflects well for Disney, no?

I think a real issue with Disney's plan on fewer guests spending more is as they rise prices the increase in spending is still LOWER percentage wise than the percentage of the price increases. Basically, right now, Disney raises most prices 3% and gues spending "only" goes up 2% or less.

Reactions: Mad Dog
I'm not saying Disney's attendance is tanking but I was at DAK today and I fired off this snap.

image.jpg

OK, it was 7:30am. By rope drop, not a spec of concrete was visible.

Wow, I am kitty baffled... Hopefully they didn't muck with the store interiors? Some of them were near art museums.
I don't know about the stores, but they extended the sidewalk that looked onward to the Tree of Life. The new fence line is actually rock work that's made to look like farthest roots of the tree. They even have the appearance of animals. IMO the whole front area has been updated for the better.

Wow, I am kitty baffled... Hopefully they didn't muck with the store interiors? Some of them were near art museums.

I don't know about the stores, but they extended the sidewalk that looked onward to the Tree of Life. The new fence line is actually rock work that's made to look like farthest roots of the tree. They even have the appearance of animals. IMO the whole front area has been updated for the better.
They added a store and extended sidewalks for the new nighttime entertainment. The theming all looks great, the only changes they did to the existing stores was the exterior, not interior.