TEA Theme Park Index 2015 | Page 2 | Inside Universal Forums

TEA Theme Park Index 2015

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
It is mind boggling they entertain that many people in one day.

I was thinking about figures whilst at WDW recently.

We were Dining in Ohana's, they have around 200 seats (I've been conservative here)

Dinner is set at $42 I think and served 15.30 =22.00

so..........

200 x 4 = 800 covers per day

say those tables get turned 4 times (again conservative seeing they are open more than 10 hours)

800 x $42 = $33600

and that's without alcoholic drink , so say $6 average per person

800 x $6 = $4800

add that to the food

$33600 +$4800 =$38400

Thats a big number, right!

Now multiply it by the amount of restaurants at WDW, then add in.....

counter service
snacks.
Bars
Park Tickets
Shows
Parking
Merch

Now that's mind boggling

Oh how I'd love to get my hands on WDW P&L reports, just Imagine how much the turnover is a week there.

Last edited:

We were Dining in Ohana's, they have around 200 seats (I've been conservative here)

so..........

say those tables get turned 4 times (again conservative seeing they are open more than 10 hours)

800 x $42 = $33600

800 x $6 = $4800

add that to the food

$33600 +$4800 =$38400

counter service
snacks.
Bars
Park Tickets
Shows
Parking
Merch

Oh how I'd love to get my hands on WDW P&L reports, just Imagine how much the turnover is a week there.

Now that's mind boggling
Thought of just like a chef would. :thumbsup:

so..........

800 x $42 = $33600

800 x $6 = $4800

add that to the food

$33600 +$4800 =$38400

counter service
snacks.
Bars
Park Tickets
Shows
Parking
Merch

Now that's mind boggling

I'm sure I read somewhere that MK alone makes $1M clear profit in one day.

No idea how true that is

Reactions: UK-Trigg
I'm sure I read somewhere that MK alone makes $1M clear profit in one day.

No idea how true that is

Profit, no way. Turnover, probably.

$1,000, 000/40,000 guest

is $25 per guest

so easily turning over $1,000,000 a day

Now if only we knew what average spend was, one thing I do know is that its way more than £25 a day.

Maybe they do clear £1,000,000 profit a day after all :yikes::yikes::yikes::yikes:

Last edited:
Reactions: Jon84
Profit, no way. Turnover, probably.

$1,000, 000/40,000 guest

is $25 per person

so easily turning over $1,000,000 a day

Now if only we knew what average spend was, one thing I do know is that its way more than £25 a day.

Maybe they do clear £1,000,000 profit a day after all :yikes::yikes::yikes::yikes:

I can totally see that kind of profit number. Think about on top of ticket prices you have guest spending money on food, beverages, and merchandise. I know I don't get out of a theme park without buying something.

Reactions: UK-Trigg and Jon84
I can totally see that kind of profit number. Think about on top of ticket prices you have guest spending money on food, beverages, and merchandise. I know I don't get out of a theme park without buying something.

Maybe so and I can see that now I ran the math, but they would still have to take a hell of lot to clear a million on the bottom line.

Don't forget all the operating costs before the bottom line though.

Staffing, Electricity and food costs alone would be one hell of a figure, either way I think we can all agree they make a :poop:load of $$$.

The numbers are unreal.

Reactions: IzzyB
I found it funny that Sanders took on the Disney Co. for low pay recently. Iger's retort was a total joke. Basically: "We created a zillion crappy jobs that pay zilch!"

Yeah Time Magazine wrote an article about the number of homeless Disney employees because they don't make enough to pay for the average $800 rent in this area. They are starting to not look good and more mainstream press is picking up this stuff and writing articles.

It's a classic case of the rich getingt richer and the poor getting poorer.

Last edited:
Both Universal Orlando parks get closer and closer to 10m+/park. If they keep up the pace of construction (new attractions for current parks every year, new hotels, Volcano Bay, 3rd gate, new entertainment complex, transit system between Universal North and South, etc.), they should increase attendance at each park by more than 100% by 2025 (15 years after WWOHP),

Only three years ago, some were saying Universal Orlando wouldn't pass 10m/park by 2020. Now it might happen next year :lol:

Possible attendance over the next 5 years
IOA (2015-2021)
2015 - 8.7
2016 - 9.4 (Hulk/Kong)
2017 - 10.1 (Hulk/Kong first full year)
2018 - 10.5
2019 - 11.0 (Avengers? DC replacement? SLoP?)
2020 - 11.6
2021 - 11.9

USF (2015-2021)
2015 - 9.5
2016 - 9.8
2017 - 10.2
2018 - 10.5
2019 - 11.6 (Nintendo)
2020 - 12.3
2021 - 12.6

Interesting growth patterns which look more than reasonable to me, I also wouldn't be surprised to see at least one park hit 10m in next year figures (wouldn't be surprised if the true figures aren't there already).

This summer will be a strong one for Uni as Sapphire, along with Hulk and Kong will pull in more visitors, couple that with what some are saying about Disney expecting a slower than predicted summer, Uni will be picking up more market share. Some of this new market share will be new visitors and with the quality product and continued growth a lot of these extra people will become repeat visitors.The future is bright indeed.

I always take the TEA figures with a pinch of salt though, I find it hard to believe that DHS is still above both Uni Orlando parks, surely this can't ring true.

Reactions: chewbacca1995
Interesting growth patterns which look more than reasonable to me, I also wouldn't be surprised to see at least one park hit 10m in next year figures (wouldn't be surprised if the true figures aren't there already).

This summer will be a strong one for Uni as Sapphire, along with Hulk and Kong will pull in more visitors, couple that with what some are saying about Disney expecting a slower than predicted summer, Uni will be picking up more market share. Some of this new market share will be new visitors and with the quality product and continued growth a lot of these extra people will become repeat visitors.The future is bright indeed.

I always take the TEA figures with a pinch of salt though, I find it hard to believe that DHS is still above both Uni Orlando parks, surely this can't ring true.
I recall that after last years TEA report a number of insiders said that both Universal Parks were over 10 million a year for 2014, Animal Kingdom was under 10 million, and DHS was significantly under 10 million.

I recall that after last years TEA report a number of insiders said that both Universal Parks were over 10 million a year for 2014, Animal Kingdom was under 10 million, and DHS was significantly under 10 million.

Wouldn't surprise me in the slightest.

I do agree that if DHS' numbers get any larger next year I have to call BS due to current park capacity. And i'm someone that generally gives TEA the benefit of the doubt.

Next year??!?!
Well this past year there may not have been a lot more attraction capacity than currently (besides LMA, which was sparsely attended), but the walking space that SoA provided greatly increased (and has currently reduced) park capacity.

I don't take the numbers too seriously, so i'll just shrug it off this year. But if there's an increase next year, it's obvious the rig is in was my point.

And perhaps for the next few years. Brazil's in the can, economically & politically.
Still saw a lot of the tour groups on my last trip.

I think these kids have always been from well off families, it's those in the working class that will be affected by economic down turn the most