Inside Universal Forums

Welcome to the Inside Universal Forums! Register a free account today to become a member. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members and unlock our forums features!

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

The Condition of the Yeti AA

I never knew there was a huge yeti animatronic. I rode this for my first time, last year in April. I just read up about the whole disco yeti thing. I did find this gif online though, I think this was it, when it was working. It looks absolutely amazing.

8.gif

People give Disney a lot of crap about this but this was something that was never done before and extremely advanced. Considering the AA was designed probably around 2001, techonology has advanced so much since then. I would think after 15 years, either Universal or Disney would be able to recreate an AA of this caliber to be more reliable. The old Yeti makes Kong look like....you get the point.

Enjoy the video. (Yeti starts at 5:00)

Last edited:
I never knew there was a huge yeti animatronic. I rode this for my first time, last year in April. I just read up about the whole disco yeti thing. I did find this gif online though, I think this was it, when it was working. It looks absolutely amazing.

So you are one of the new peepers to this show... many of us watched the making of video at the time. I believe it could have been rated on RT. ;) I was rapt at the time.

Too, before you become too impressed, know that the coaster flew by it at 30 mph. Many on the same coaster didn't even see it. In that sense, it was an expensive fail and one they really haven't needed to have fixed.

Last edited:

8.gif

Yeah, imagine seeing that at 40 MPH for a hot second. Probably one of the dumbest decisions ever by WDI in all areas. I think they actually lucked out when it came to the thing permanently breaking down since you pass by it so damn quickly. I wasn't even impressed when I rode it in 2006 and it worked.

I guess yeah, it was better than disco Yeti.