Inside Universal Forums

Welcome to the Inside Universal Forums! Register a free account today to become a member. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members and unlock our forums features!

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

HHN 19 - Ripped from the Silver Screen

Feb 1, 2008
Ok so I know this is really early, but some of us are just too excited and can't wait to start talking about it!

I've already heard rumors swirling. Some of which are so ridiculous... Jack getting married to Chance. GAGGGG. That would be a terrible event to theme HHN to!

There's also been talk about something Roddy said... something along the lines of this year being classic, but not in the way that you think. For me, this could go two ways... the first thing I thought of when I heard that was the Universal monsters. Others have said they thought of some of the classic HHN houses and icons coming back... sort of like Sweet 16 I guess.

Anyone heard anything else?

I heard the wedding rumor, that was a WTF-worthy one... especially if it actually happens.

While not a rumor (founded or not), I hope that the prerequisite movie tie-in house is themed to BioShock.... It is coming out this year, right? That is a house waiting to happen, and would be a major reason for me to go if done right... Besides the tRIP, of course.

I can hardly wait.

I read something over at the DISboard that was rather interesting. Someone called ahead at the Hard Rock Hotel to make a reservation for the last week of September which is usually the first week of HHN. The hotel concierge went to check something and informed the person that HHN was not running that weekend but was running on a slightly different schedule this year.

The concierge went on to say that HHN would start the first weekend in October and end on November 7th. If this is the case, I would expect HHN to be totally and completely empty on November 5th, 6th, and 7th which is as of now when I would love to go this year.

As far as rumors, I haven't heard anything that has stuck against the wall. I do think we will definitely get a house themed to the Wolfman movie coming out this year as it may be on DVD by then. I'd like to see Friday the 13th come back as a promotion tool also but I'm not too sure on that one.

I'd be totally for the New Line Characters coming back. Anyone else?

I can hardly wait.

I read something over at the DISboard that was rather interesting. Someone called ahead at the Hard Rock Hotel to make a reservation for the last week of September which is usually the first week of HHN. The hotel concierge went to check something and informed the person that HHN was not running that weekend but was running on a slightly different schedule this year.

The concierge went on to say that HHN would start the first weekend in October and end on November 7th. If this is the case, I would expect HHN to be totally and completely empty on November 5th, 6th, and 7th which is as of now when I would love to go this year.

As far as rumors, I haven't heard anything that has stuck against the wall. I do think we will definitely get a house themed to the Wolfman movie coming out this year as it may be on DVD by then. I'd like to see Friday the 13th come back as a promotion tool also but I'm not too sure on that one.

I'd be totally for the New Line Characters coming back. Anyone else?

I kind of like the idea of HHN starting on Oct. 2 instead of Sept. 25 this year. And for sure, the weekend of Nov. 6 would be DEAD.

I don't really care for getting the New Line guys back. I don't think we will either. I have a feeling Hollywood's gonna get that again.

I kind of like the idea of HHN starting on Oct. 2 instead of Sept. 25 this year. And for sure, the weekend of Nov. 6 would be DEAD.

I don't really care for getting the New Line guys back. I don't think we will either. I have a feeling Hollywood's gonna get that again.

I'm really hoping that rumor on the dates is true. That last weekend has the potential to be freaking awesome.

Yeah, Hollywood recycles the same crap year after year. It's like they don't care enough to try and be original.

I agree with Kevin.

Although I wouldn't mind another Body Collectors house. :lol: They are by far my favorite characters.

I agree with Kevin.

Although I wouldn't mind another Body Collectors house. :lol: They are by far my favorite characters.

I don't know... I wasn't too big on the Body Collectors. It was a decent house but wasn't as good as I thought it would be. It was WAY too dark in that one. The fact that we went through that one during the day didn't really help my eyes either. One last gripe with that house was the walk to it. My GOD, could it have been any longer? The last night we had express and I couldn't bare walk it (I have flat foot which kills after a long day of walking, when I got back to the hotel I couldn't even stand.).

I'd love to see them tackle another space-related haunted house. I'm not a big sci-fi guy really but the 2 years I've went, I thought the Thing and Interstellar Terror were easily the 2 best. Both were intense and had amazing sets. I want another house in the fashion of these... ideally... the Thing 2.

I'd love to see them tackle another space-related haunted house. I'm not a big sci-fi guy really but the 2 years I've went, I thought the Thing and Interstellar Terror were easily the 2 best. Both were intense and had amazing sets. I want another house in the fashion of these... ideally... the Thing 2.

I'm probably the only one who wasn't that impressed with Interstellar Terror. I just didn't think it was scary at all which is saying something coming from me. I still jump when those heads pop up in the graveyard on HM. :lol:

I really did like The Thing though. That house was a lot of fun and I got a lot of good scares out of it.

I'm probably the only one who wasn't that impressed with Interstellar Terror. I just didn't think it was scary at all which is saying something coming from me. I still jump when those heads pop up in the graveyard on HM. :lol:

I really did like The Thing though. That house was a lot of fun and I got a lot of good scares out of it.

See, I didn't necessarily find Interstellar Terror scary at all either. The house was way more fun then anything. The sets were awesome, the actors were great, and the overall feel was great. I liked how they totally submerged you into the spaceship. The spinning tunnel was hilarious... every time going through it was a trip. I remember trying to do it without holding on and feeling like I was going to break my ass.

It reminded me of Pyscho Scareapy from HHN17. It wasn't the scariest of houses, but it's great cast and it's awesome props made it one of my favorites of the event. Sometimes it's just about having fun. If you want to talk scary houses... look no further then the Hallow and Dead Exposure. Those 2 scared the crap out of me. Hallow in particular.

Really? The Hallow? I loved that house for the detail. It looked great. There were a few good scares too though. Not the scariest house for me. I was more afraid of Scary Tales I think.

And yeah Dead Exposure got me good. The hallway with the doors opening on both sides as well as the room with the all the bodies.

Really? The Hallow? I loved that house for the detail. It looked great. There were a few good scares too though. Not the scariest house for me. I was more afraid of Scary Tales I think.

And yeah Dead Exposure got me good. The hallway with the doors opening on both sides as well as the room with the all the bodies.

I got separated from my friend in the Hallow for a second and in that short time.. out of nowhere the Headless Horseman came out of this little corner and scared the everloving crap out of me. The hanging head room also got me when one of them smacked me in the face.

Dead Exposure was just so pitch black that every time one of those zombies were in my face I freaked. Especially the first scare I got... I actually kind of legit screamed. It was awesome.

I got separated from my friend in the Hallow for a second and in that short time.. out of nowhere the Headless Horseman came out of this little corner and scared the everloving crap out of me. The hanging head room also got me when one of them smacked me in the face.

Dead Exposure was just so pitch black that every time one of those zombies were in my face I freaked. Especially the first scare I got... I actually kind of legit screamed. It was awesome.

It's a shame you didn't go with us, Drew... you would've been cracking up at how I screamed. :lol:

Kevin you would! :lol:

Of course you'd like the least scary house in the whole park!

I thought that house was terrifying!!!! :p I loved the detail of the house.

I don't think they would start that late, they try to suck in as many days as they can. Last year it was odd that the first 3 weekends were non peak though. I hope they burn jack alive, I mean really in the front of the park never to bring him back again, Way to much. Classic horror might mean the old monsters since The Wolfman is coming out in November. I would expect more of a classic style house not the whole event.

I did a amazing werewolf themed house in Atlanta. Wolves are great if done right. I hope they drop the number of house and focus on 6 really good well done houses instead of trying to keep adding houses, to many houses equals Reflection of Fear and Doomsday.

I hope they drop the number of house and focus on 6 really good well done houses instead of trying to keep adding houses, to many houses equals Reflection of Fear and Doomsday.

Lines are crazy enough as is with 8 houses let alone 6. Although there never was HRRR before. I still can't justify going on regular rides unless the line is really short or unless it's Jaws.