HHN 19 - Ripped from the Silver Screen | Page 2 | Inside Universal Forums

HHN 19 - Ripped from the Silver Screen

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
I don't think they would start that late, they try to suck in as many days as they can. Last year it was odd that the first 3 weekends were non peak though.

Actually they'd have the same amount of days even if they start late this year because as previously said the last night of the event would be Nov. 7 when its usually the 2nd or 3rd.

So either way its pretty much the same as what they've been doing. They just push the dates back.

I've heard not to look into the Chance and Jack rumor. The park hours for October and September aren't up yet but they will be in March or April. Honestly that is the best way to know the dates for the event. All I have to say on the note of houses is Wolfman...

not sure why they would string out November since thsoe dates are not that busy.
Well I'm not outruling that scenario. The way the year falls the last weekend in September is the 25th and 26th. Which is a few days earlier than usual. It could start the 2nd and 3rd or it could just run short. I think it running short is highly unlikely but you never know with these tough economical times.

Well I'm not outruling that scenario. The way the year falls the last weekend in September is the 25th and 26th. Which is a few days earlier than usual. It could start the 2nd and 3rd or it could just run short. I think it running short is highly unlikely but you never know with these tough economical times.

I mean, it would make more sense to run early then late, IMO. I have no problems with it running late, though. Crowds will be minimal because people won't care about Halloween anymore. It would be a full week after.

I'm basing this info off a post I read though. So don't crucify me if this is untrue. The people at Hard Rock Hotel said this was the tentative schedule they were given.

Anyone know when the dates usually come out anyway? I totally forgot.

No I'm not ruling it out. It seems kind of out there but it's not something that couldn't happen, considering the event could start earlier than usual.

Smaller crowds I don't think is what Universal wants. A later start is likely due to the economy. Also they have a ticket count to see how many tickets they sell. Maybe they are cutting back numbers because they did have a large number of Non-peak days last year.

Smaller crowds I don't think is what Universal wants. A later start is likely due to the economy. Also they have a ticket count to see how many tickets they sell. Maybe they are cutting back numbers because they did have a large number of Non-peak days last year.

I seriously hope its like last year. There were like 2 or 3 extra weekends that the Frequent Fear Pass holders were able to go to. It was awesome. I probably went on 18 different nights. :lol:

I seriously hope its like last year. There were like 2 or 3 extra weekends that the Frequent Fear Pass holders were able to go to. It was awesome. I probably went on 18 different nights. :lol:

I do and I don't. You'll see more corners cut this year. More recycled props and what not will show up. Houses might have less detail, let alone less actors. Besides the normal budget decrease I expect it to be slightly more noticeable this year. Although I do think HHN is recession proof to a degree.

On reflection of the dates I think the event will end on Halloween(A Saturday). This year it doesn't really fall well for a late finish and the early start makes much more sense. Hopefully they will give us the 30th; the 31st will end up being a day if not confirmed. I did like all the FFP nights this year. Those mid run Fridays were so great to have.

Sadly FFP 18 or 19 nights don't make them that much money. One ticket bought, most people that buy them are pass holders and don't pay for parking. I wonder what drink and food sales are for those nights?

I agree with having less and less people working you could see it in some of the houses, and the burn out factor is huge.

Sadly FFP 18 or 19 nights don't make them that much money. One ticket bought, most people that buy them are pass holders and don't pay for parking. I wonder what drink and food sales are for those nights?

I agree with having less and less people working you could see it in some of the houses, and the burn out factor is huge.

Having FFP more than 2 nights doesn't make them that much money though. Why not add more than the usual 13 nights? The people that only paid $55 to get in all those nights are probably more inclined to spend money on alcohol.

Having FFP more than 2 nights doesn't make them that much money though. Why not add more than the usual 13 nights? The people that only paid $55 to get in all those nights are probably more inclined to spend money on alcohol.

A portion of the people I know who bought FFP's ended up spending in the $100-200 ball park range on booze. FFP's are profit making in there own way.

BTW not many people know this but if you have the Premium pass those free horror night tickets apply to the 2nd Friday and Saturday if they don't add those dates.

$100-$200 dollars on overpriced drinks. I don't know if that is good or sad.
We shall see here in a few months the dates should be up by then. I know the last Thursday HRH will be sold out that is when they Velvet Sessions.

I hope it is the last weekend of September. Im staying at Hard Rock Hotel. this year will be my 1st HHN, I will be gutted if I miss it! :mad: :'(