HHN 19 - Ripped from the Silver Screen | Page 4 | Inside Universal Forums

HHN 19 - Ripped from the Silver Screen

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
I just hated Doomsday. I didn't think it was scary or fun. Maybe I didn't enjoy it because I had never seen the movie, I dunno. I haven't met anyone else that actually enjoyed it as much as you. :lol: Everyone I know that went thought it was one of the worst this year. Guess you can't please everyone.

I didn't like the movie at all. I thought it was dumb, and quite a few of my friends liked Doomsday to. I think we liked it because of who was working it and how much fun we personally had in it. People are crazy if they are putting The Hallow and RoF over Doomsday....:doh:

In all honesty Vampyr 2 didn't suck because it was in Nazerman's it sucked due to lack of planning and it being the final house location. The location won't be coming back any time soon and it has been home to some good houses in the past. Herq and Xena was a good location but it won't be used due to where it is in the park and it being a closed building for guest. Where as Jaws EQ sucks because of how much light is let in, and how narrow the scenes have to be. Not saying Disaster EQ doesn't let in alot of light but atleast it isn't confined to narrow scenes.

Last edited:
People are crazy if they are putting The Hallow and RoF over Doomsday....:doh:

Really? I thought the Hallow was badass. It was easily my second favorite and during my run, was the most intense of all the houses. Dead Exposure was intense too, but nowhere near as good as the Hallow, IMO.

Really? I thought the Hallow was badass. It was easily my second favorite and during my run, was the most intense of all the houses. Dead Exposure was intense too, but nowhere near as good as the Hallow, IMO.

I was expecting The Hallow to be much more intense, have better sets, and be scarier. I suppose that one is slightly more personal than people agreeing with me. I just found it mediocre compared to the great house line up we had this year.

I was expecting The Hallow to be much more intense, have better sets, and be scarier. I suppose that one is slightly more personal than people agreeing with me. I just found it mediocre compared to the great house line up we had this year.

Out of curiosity... what was your top 8? Mine was..

1. Interstellar Terror
2. The Hallow
3. Body Collectors
4. Dead Exposure
5. Scary Tales
6. Creatures
7. Doomsday
8. Reflections

I also thought Scary Tales was mindnumbingly overrated. Still good and everything, but was made out to be the best house there ever was. I was so disappointed.

I really loved The Hallow which I actually thought that house would be super lame. I didn't necessarily think it was SCARY, but I had a lot of fun in it and I thought the theming and detail was great.

Drew I can't believe how low Creatures is on your list! That house was so much fun! :lol:

I do agree with you on Scary Tales though. It was good, but it wasn't as great as everyone was making it out to be.

I really loved The Hallow which I actually thought that house would be super lame. I didn't necessarily think it was SCARY, but I had a lot of fun in it and I thought the theming and detail was great.

Drew I can't believe how low Creatures is on your list! That house was so much fun! :lol:

I do agree with you on Scary Tales though. It was good, but it wasn't as great as everyone was making it out to be.

Totally agree about the Hallow. I went in thinking it would be the weakest house. I honestly didn't know what to expect. Even when I was about to walk into it, I still wasn't too sure.

Having Creatures at 6 isn't really a knock. All the houses were great. It was definitely fun but I didn't really find it to be scary. I remember some guy working at the bar in the beginning making comments to me. I was sexually harassed not 20 seconds into it, haha. I'm sure this complaint was heard many times but I would've loved to have seen more "Creatures" in it. I didn't really notice many. Then again, I wasn't necessarily on the look out for them. Still, it was definitely fun.

Doomsday was really poor. It wasn't that scary and a few of the actors were not that great. I think I enjoyed Reflections because the scareactors were trying really hard to get me. Most likely because of the AP Preview, so I was at the back of the park while people were just being let in. It was my family and then a big space between the next group and us. The scaractors were going nuts when we walked by, especially the end Mary.

Doomsday, which definitely wasn't the best house by far, but still wasn't that bad of a house. You all are knocking this house into oblivion. I have to ask, did anyone other than me even care to see the movie before going to the event? The house made A LOT more sense if you actually saw the movie...

Doomsday, which definitely wasn't the best house by far, but still wasn't that bad of a house. You all are knocking this house into oblivion. I have to ask, did anyone other than me even care to see the movie before going to the event? The house made A LOT more sense if you actually saw the movie...

Yes I did. And I thought the house played out much better. The movie was...eh but the house I thought was fun.

I couldn't find my house list so here is what I remember of it.

1.Body Collectors
2.Creatures
3.Dead Exposure
4.Interstellar Terror
5.Scary Tales 3
6.Doomsday
7.The Hallow
8.Reflections of Failure

In all honesty I thought the houses this year was phenomenal. Even though RoF sucked it was leagues better than Vampyr, Dungeon of Terror, Jungle of Doom and Fear Factor. Also as previously stated Doomsday wasn't my favorite I just thought it didn't suck and was a really fun house. That list was made with over all theme, fun, sets, execution, and scares in mind. Considering that Doomsday didn't excel in all those it isn't at the top of my list just not in the bottom 2 either. Although, Body Collectors, Creatures and Doomsday were probably the houses I had the most fun in.

Last edited:
Yes I did. And I thought the house played out much better. The movie was...eh but the house I thought was fun.

I couldn't find my house list so here is what I remember of it.

1.Body Collectors
2.Creatures
3.Dead Exposure
4.Interstellar Terror
5.Scary Tales 3
6.Doomsday
7.The Hallow
8.Reflections of Failure

Really? I thought the movie was actually decent. They did a good job making it into a house, with the exception of the horrific scene switches. :lol:

My house list:

1. Dead Exposure
2. Scary Tales 3
3. Creatures!
4. Interstellar Terror
5. The Hallow
6. Doomsday
7. Body Collectors
8. "Reflections of Failure"

Creatures was to dark, as was Body Collectors. scary Tales was better at night because you could see things. I enjoyed the Hallow, I liked Interstellar Terror for set design not really scary. Doomsday, saw the movie The house should have started with the Ending of the House to be more in line with the movie. A Bentley would have been a great touch though. ROF ranks with some of the worst, not as bad as Maximum carnage, Fear factor or Jungle of Doom (my all time bottom 3) But made no sense with the stuff from the website(sorry no points for anything else told, it was set up by the WEB Site and it failed) I say drop any house in Jaws Que.

My house list:

1. Body Collectors
2. Reflections of Fear
3. Scary Tales
4. Creatures
5. The Hallow
6. Dead Exposure
7. Interstellar Terror
8. Doomsday

Let the bashing commence. :)

Creatures was to dark, as was Body Collectors. scary Tales was better at night because you could see things. I enjoyed the Hallow, I liked Interstellar Terror for set design not really scary. Doomsday, saw the movie The house should have started with the Ending of the House to be more in line with the movie. A Bentley would have been a great touch though. ROF ranks with some of the worst, not as bad as Maximum carnage, Fear factor or Jungle of Doom (my all time bottom 3) But made no sense with the stuff from the website(sorry no points for anything else told, it was set up by the WEB Site and it failed) I say drop any house in Jaws Que.

Agreed. Every house in the Jaws Queue that I've been through (DoT at 16, Jason at 17, and RoF at 18) have all been failures.

I keep hearing people complain that Body Collectors and Creatures were too dark, but the thing is if you went in ANY of the houses when it was still light outside they were all going to be that way. I mean, I walked through Scary Tales and The Hallow while it was still light out and I couldn't see a darn thing the whole way through those houses which didn't really make it scary because apparently there were scareactors right in front of my face and I didn't even know it because I couldn't see them. :lol: Even when we went through Reflections of Fear first one day it was too dark to see anything.

If you only got to go through Body Collectors once when your eyes hadn't adjusted then that sucks because it really was a good house.

Anyway, we've gone slightly off topic talking about last year. :lol:

I pretty much heard that the Jack/Chance wedding rumor was total crap. Thank god.

I keep hearing people complain that Body Collectors and Creatures were too dark, but the thing is if you went in ANY of the houses when it was still light outside they were all going to be that way. I mean, I walked through Scary Tales and The Hallow while it was still light out and I couldn't see a darn thing the whole way through those houses which didn't really make it scary because apparently there were scareactors right in front of my face and I didn't even know it because I couldn't see them. :lol: Even when we went through Reflections of Fear first one day it was too dark to see anything.

If you only got to go through Body Collectors once when your eyes hadn't adjusted then that sucks because it really was a good house.

Anyway, we've gone slightly off topic talking about last year. :lol:

I pretty much heard that the Jack/Chance wedding rumor was total crap. Thank god.

At least you heard me scream when they went after me and not you! :lol:

I'm glad that rumor is crap because I'm not ready for another 16.

Probably Freddy, Jason and Leatherface again. Maybe with Bloody Mary "unleashing" them.

Our sloppy seconds. :lol:

Yeah I'm pretty sure they're going to use Freddy, Jason, and Leatherface again being that this is the last year they're legally allowed to use them.