Inside Universal Forums

Welcome to the Inside Universal Forums! Register a free account today to become a member. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members and unlock our forums features!

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

HHN 19 - Ripped from the Silver Screen

And a house that everybody doesn't consider to be the worst house of the year. :lol:

Man, what a disaster that house was. We had Express and still waited about 30 minutes. I was annoyed, let alone the people waiting in the regular line for about 2 hours+.

It was easily the most un-scary HHN house I've been in to date. No one even tried. I wasn't even sure what the hell was going on at one point. Those inflatable walls were down... and it just felt like it was totally thrown together last minute. I knew it would suck, but damn. Not that hard.

Even Jack's Funhouse from 07 was better. Atleast someone popped out of nowhere and got me in that one.

You ain't lying. I was expecting some freaky stuff in the Bloody Mary house, but it was nothing but a huge letdown. The story was all over the place... nothing like it was on the website.

You ain't lying. I was expecting some freaky stuff in the Bloody Mary house, but it was nothing but a huge letdown. The story was all over the place... nothing like it was on the website.

When I saw the name of the house I thought it could be awesome. This is exactly what I said...

This has the potential to be the "OH SH*T" house of the event.

If pulled off the way I thought it was going to be... this house could've been amazing. I figured we would get a house of mirrors type thing with Mary's jumping out left and right. Those promo videos where the host will say Bloody Mary 3x and have her on the other side of the mirror is totally what I expected. This house really could've been amazing if done right but they went in a totally different direction and it sucked.

Hey, leave RoF alone! I loved that house. I really did think it was one of the better houses. At least better than Doomsday! :p

Kevin I really don't understand why you were so afraid of Doomsday. The chainsaws were only at the entrance and the exit. :lol:

RoF SUCKED. Hard. Isn't the whole purpose of a haunted house to scare people? RoF failed.

Hey, leave RoF alone! I loved that house. I really did think it was one of the better houses. At least better than Doomsday! :p

I don't know. While Doomsday wasn't very good... at all... it had some funny moments including one of the funnier parts of my entire trip. At the end part with the stage, there was a chainsaw guy hanging out behind this thing. I saw him right at the last second when he was getting ready to rev it and scare the hell out of me. We both looked at eachother and when he looked at me he smiled pretty much saying "Damn, I would've got you really good." He would've probably made me fall down it was that much of a surprise.

You people are crazy. It's a known fact that RoF=Reflections of Failure and Doomsday was atleast the 4st best house of the event. I mean it was a heavy metal house. It was heavy, fun, intense, and extreme. I loved it. Yes the movie blew but it translated great into a house, it was really fun.

Doomsday sucked, Jake. I'm sorry. Reflections of Fear was better than that crap known as Doomsday.

No way. Reflections of Failure attempted to have a plot and failed. Where as Doomsday was like hey we are gonna have random awesome scenes from the movie and make it scary, and it worked. The toxic waste room, the chainsaw entrance, getting attacked by Sol midway threw the house, and the chainsaws once more in the end made it not only a climatic house but one that also packed a punch. It produced scares which for sure is one step above RoF. Oh and the actors tried in it, which makes it leaps and bounds ahead of RoF. Do I think it was the scariest house of the year, nah, but I do think it was the sleeper hit of this year.

By the way am I the only one who thinks Jaws EQ is a terrible house location? I mean seriously Friday 13th wasn't bad but it wasn't great either. Frankly a NLC house shouldn't have been that lackluster though. Reflections of Failure got that name for a reason, and Dungeon of Terror....:lol: I can go on for quite some time about. Personally I think that house location should go the way of the Nazermans, and Herc & Xena.

Last edited:
By the way am I the only one who thinks Jaws EQ is a terrible house location? I mean seriously Friday 13th wasn't bad but it wasn't great either. Frankly a NLC house shouldn't have been that lackluster though. Reflections of Failure got that name for a reason, and Dungeon of Terror....:lol: I can go on for quite some time about. Personally I think that house location should go the way of the Nazermans, and Herc & Xena.

I agree. The location is not necessarily good. Friday the 13th was fun and everything, but it wasn't up to par. I think I am biased cause I love Jason. Reflections sucked. I've heard nothing but awful things about Dungeon. As far as it not being as good as the other NLC houses, it was better then Freddy, but Texas Chainsaw Massacre was better.

I've only done one Nazarman's house and it was awful. Blood Bath was a joke of a house. Don't know if I blame the location on that one though, I just think it was a pathetic house.

I think they should do the Herc & Xena building again. I wish they would bring back Jason and do it in the E.T. queue. Now that my friends, would be freaking BADASS.

No way. Reflections of Failure attempted to have a plot and failed. Where as Doomsday was like hey we are gonna have random awesome scenes from the movie and make it scary, and it worked. The toxic waste room, the chainsaw entrance, getting attacked by Sol midway threw the house, and the chainsaws once more in the end made it not only a climatic house but one that also packed a punch. It produced scares which for sure is one step above RoF. Oh and the actors tried in it, which makes it leaps and bounds ahead of RoF. Do I think it was the scariest house of the year, nah, but I do think it was the sleeper hit of this year.

I just hated Doomsday. I didn't think it was scary or fun. Maybe I didn't enjoy it because I had never seen the movie, I dunno. I haven't met anyone else that actually enjoyed it as much as you. :lol: Everyone I know that went thought it was one of the worst this year. Guess you can't please everyone.