Inside Universal Forums

Welcome to the Inside Universal Forums! Register a free account today to become a member. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members and unlock our forums features!

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

Future of Toon Lagoon

I really think all this depends on whether Slop is coming or not. I think if Slop comes they will re-vamp toon lagoon now. If not, then they will push it out a couple years until they figure out what they are doing with that area.

I think with the box office numbers they almost have to green light Slop for Orlando because they will sell more merchandise especially going into the second movie. It just makes sense.
If the theater area is large enough for SLoP then I think it is very likely. The DW deal is supposed to be finalized by the end of the year. If they intend to use any of it in TL they would likely do both at the same time, assuming it was just a Springfield type overlay. If they don't have plans to use DW there then either the shopping area would be left alone or rethemed with SLoP.

Just a quick question (Sorry to derail from the thread) but does anyone know if water use to flow through this part of the queue? If so does anyone have any pictures/videos of when it did? I really want to see what it looked like :p

Just a quick question (Sorry to derail from the thread) but does anyone know if water use to flow through this part of the queue? If so does anyone have any pictures/videos of when it did? I really want to see what it looked like :p

Your image does not appear so we're not sure what you're referring to.

Nintendo seems pretty set on three main IPs. Pokemon has always been popular and more so since Go. As long as they stick with the Nintendo Land plan that would seem to leave Pokemon out of the parks until the third gate. That is unless UO finds somewhere else to put Pokemon sooner.

I wonder what the chances are of putting a Pokemon attraction in the theater and rethemed the shops and restaurants. The more I think about it the more it makes sense. More sense than waiting many years to have it in the parks.

SLoP could still come to UO and go in US at New York/Shrek/Mummy. Something to think about.

Nintendo seems pretty set on three main IPs. Pokemon has always been popular and more so since Go. As long as they stick with the Nintendo Land plan that would seem to leave Pokemon out of the parks until the third gate. That is unless UO finds somewhere else to put Pokemon sooner.

I wonder what the chances are of putting a Pokemon attraction in the theater and rethemed the shops and restaurants. The more I think about it the more it makes sense. More sense than waiting many years to have it in the parks.

SLoP could still come to UO and go in US at New York/Shrek/Mummy. Something to think about.
Look across the IoA lagoon for where Pokemon could go. Hint: it's the weakest land in the resort attraction wise next to KidZone and Hollywood.

I would doubt anything happens to Mummy for a few years. Universal can't lose that capacity for the two years it would take to put an attraction in there. Mummy is high capacity. Plus, Mummy still has real good demand. Looking at TP ride times levels, it's consistently one of the highest rated ride time level attractions in the park.

I would doubt anything happens to Mummy for a few years. Universal can't lose that capacity for the two years it would take to put an attraction in there. Mummy is high capacity. Plus, Mummy still has real good demand. Looking at TP ride times levels, it's consistently one of the highest rated ride time level attractions in the park.
I agree. The suggestion of using Lost Continent makes a lot of sense. I would miss Mythos. It could still even take over either of the other TL rides, though Pokemon having its own land makes a lot of sense.

The more I think about it the more I feel getting Pokemon in one of the parks would be a game changer. It would have a big impact.

I was thinking that too. With Fallon now being built, SLOP could easily go where Mummy is and make the whole NY area a completely realistic NYC "land". It would certainly fit in well.

Still think it will go to IOA though.

I was thinking that too. With Fallon now being built, SLOP could easily go where Mummy is and make the whole NY area a completely realistic NYC "land". It would certainly fit in well.

Still think it will go to IOA though.
But the Mummy is awesome..screw theming

I actually wouldn't mind Mummy having a bit more tie in with the New York area somehow, but I love it as it is for now...That is until they rebuild it with the Gringotts system, then I will love it even more!

The Mummy actually fits in quite well with the theming of the Egyptian area at the actual NYC Metropolitan Museum. They even have a cut away tomb that they brought in from Egypt. If anyone has ever visited the Metro, you can see how well the Universal ride works with that display. In my eyes, the Mummy is a good fit for NYC at Universal Studios Florida.

The Mummy actually fits in quite well with the theming of the Egyptian area at the actual NYC Metropolitan Museum. They even have a cut away tomb that they brought in from Egypt. If anyone has ever visited the Metro, you can see how well the Universal ride works with that display. In my eyes, the Mummy is a good fit for NYC at Universal Studios Florida.
The facade says it all,

"Museum of Antiquities"

How is that such a stretch for a city like New York? If anything is done to update the ride they should just capitalize on that theming.

The facade says it all,

"Museum of Antiquities"

How is that such a stretch for a city like New York? If anything is done to update the ride they should just capitalize on that theming.
I think it becomes a stretch when you're in the Museum of Antiquities on a movie set that puts you into a mine cart through an ancient egyptian temple..

Nothing they could have done though...You can't have your coffee and drink it too

I think it becomes a stretch when you're in the Museum of Antiquities on a movie set that puts you into a mine cart through an ancient egyptian temple..

Nothing they could have done though...You can't have your coffee and drink it too
I did say to update it to capitalize on that theme.

I really hope they update the Mummy sometime. Some small changes could really help that fit better in New York and a less disjointed attraction in general.
1) Remove the "hot set" stuff from the front of the queue and make it look like the lobby of a museum.
2) Simplify the story; instead of having a rather disjointed story that doesn't make sense unless you see the queue videos, just make it something simple like "Museum guests board a minecart to see an Egyptian exhibit, turns out the Mummy in the exhibit is alive, everything goes terribly wrong." I know that's basically what the story is now, but it could still be told way better.
3) Remove Brendan Fraiser, and maybe even update the ride to feature Tom Cruise from the new movie.

I don't think they'd put Pokemon anywhere near LC. Potter is still the most popular thing in the park. They'd be consolidating too many people in one section of IoA

I don't think they'd put Pokemon anywhere near LC. Potter is still the most popular thing in the park. They'd be consolidating too many people in one section of IoA
Good point. However, I would like to think that they wouldn't keep LC simply because they didn't want something too popular next to Harry Potter.

Good point...I feel LC would be a more fun spot to put Pokemon anyway..2 water rides and a dark ride themed to Pokemon would be perfect.. we'll see what happens with SLoP though