Future of Toon Lagoon | Page 5 | Inside Universal Forums

Future of Toon Lagoon

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
lost Continent before Harry Potter had 3 coasters right next to each other. DUELING DRAGONS AND FLYING UNICORN.

Dr. Doom is a thrill ride so if they remove a thrill ride for another in the same land. Shouldn't be an issue
I'd rather get Universal's equivalent to ToT (same level of theming/atmosphere, more thrills) than another coaster, personally.

It's unique and wouldn't seem too similar to Spidey or Hulk.

Theme it to The Avengers and it'd be a solid, unique addition.

I am beginning to think that TL might just get a Fast Food Blvd/Simpsons style makeover. Buying DreamWorks means Universal now owns Dudley. Building a Betty Boop store in US means they want to keep her. Popeye merchandise does sell some and the character appears in both parks. So maybe they keep those characters and rides and ditch the rest.

The other shops and eateries in TL don't do much business, so they can be walled off and returned in Dreamworks/classics and Illumination. You can also do meet and greets with those characters. This can be done relatively fast and cheap without losing much operating ability. It should give a dining and merchandise boost like the Simpsons area had and be more interesting that old comic strip characters.

This still leaves the courtyard and theater for other expansion (SLoP).

Reactions: Mike S
Universal has so many projects going they can't do everything. Besides, the people working on these projects have to sleep sometime.
:faint::frustrated":sleep:

But a theme change of the stores and shops will turn this area around from being a financial black hole. The merchandise there doesn't even represent the area except for Betty and a bit if Popeye. It will be a much more interesting place and still truly be a Toon Lagoon.

Reactions: Mad Dog and Mike S
Universal has so many projects going they can't do everything. Besides, the people working on these projects have to sleep sometime.
:faint::frustrated":sleep:

But a theme change of the stores and shops will turn this area around from being a financial black hole. The merchandise there doesn't even represent the area except for Betty and a bit if Popeye. It will be a much more interesting place and still truly be a Toon Lagoon.
Yeah. And it already started with one of the stores now filled with exclusive SLOP merchandise. A store & restaurant makeover is something they can do relatively cheaply & quickly, like Springfield, as you said. So maybe that's in the cards.

I would rather have it in IOA, even though it doesn't fit that well I think the park deserves more love than the one that's been getting constant updates every single year. that or wait till the third park because it's destroying it in the BO and sequels will definitely happen

Honestly, this is my guess.. and i'm going blue sky here.. and possibly way down a pipeline.. bare with me all.

Toon lagoon should and might get illumination treatment. IF, SLOP DOES go into Toon lagoon somewhere.. it will pave the way for the rest of the land.. yes this includes getting Super silly fun land (possibly on steroids) .. where does this leave the minion mayhem in the studios?.. closed and gutted for the next thing leaving this area ripe for a complete revamp.. remove shrek Despicable me Monsters cafe and possibly re think the music plaza.. leading to a more cohesive and better themed entrance.

Reactions: Mike S
Honestly, this is my guess.. and i'm going blue sky here.. and possibly way down a pipeline.. bare with me all.

Toon lagoon should and might get illumination treatment. IF, SLOP DOES go into Toon lagoon somewhere.. it will pave the way for the rest of the land.. yes this includes getting Super silly fun land (possibly on steroids) .. where does this leave the minion mayhem in the studios?.. closed and gutted for the next thing leaving this area ripe for a complete revamp.. remove shrek Despicable me Monsters cafe and possibly re think the music plaza.. leading to a more cohesive and better themed entrance.
Now you're talking...maybe we could get that Universal Great Movie Ride we've always wanted...

Thought I had: a majority of the park (12 attractions last count in my head) closes when it rains, Kong is an attempt to alleviate that and putting SLoP there too would be a smart decision. (Compare this to USF which has four attractions that close).
Both of the TL rides are outdoor water rides. A dark ride makes perfect sense there. Dry every day and warm in the winter.