Future of Toon Lagoon | Page 4 | Inside Universal Forums

Future of Toon Lagoon

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
I can't see an Iron Man coaster in the cards. Not with the revamped Hulk still there. I would seriously doubt Universal would put a second separate coaster attraction in the same land.

Reactions: tankart150
I can't see an Iron Man coaster in the cards. Not with the revamped Hulk still there. I would seriously doubt Universal would put a second separate coaster attraction in the same land.
lost Continent before Harry Potter had 3 coasters right next to each other. DUELING DRAGONS AND FLYING UNICORN.

Dr. Doom is a thrill ride so if they remove a thrill ride for another in the same land. Shouldn't be an issue

Popeye is the only ride I'm concerned about losing here.

It'd be a shame to lose Dudley due to the stunning fascade but I think Uni can have a much better go at a flume ride for the third gate. Compared to splash mountain this is seriously lacking.

Reactions: Marjorie
Popeye is the only ride I'm concerned about losing here.

It'd be a shame to lose Dudley due to the stunning fascade but I think Uni can have a much better go at a flume ride for the third gate. Compared to splash mountain this is seriously lacking.
It doesn't have the great theming & music like Splash Mountain. But it's still funny as all heck and one of the best flume rides around. You will get wet, multiple times. I love Splash Mountain, it's my favorite Disney ride, but you really only get a few sprinkles on it. It's not much of a flume (get real wet) ride.

It doesn't have the great theming & music like Splash Mountain. But it's still funny as all heck and one of the best flume rides around. You will get wet, multiple times. I love Splash Mountain, it's my favorite Disney ride, but you really only get a few sprinkles on it. It's not much of a flume (get real wet) ride.

Crossing. Double Crossing will always be funny. I don't love the ride as much as I used too but it's still a great time and I'd be sad to see it go

Reactions: Mad Dog
Crossing. Double Crossing will always be funny. I don't love the ride as much as I used too but it's still a great time and I'd be sad to see it go
We had a great server (Seth) at The Thirsty Fish Bar at Portofino. Anyway, he told us he had just moved up from Miami and went to the Universal parks for the first time in his life, with a few friends, when we were there. I asked him what his favorite ride was. His reply surprised me. He said "without a doubt, it was Dudley's Ripsaw Falls". I guess it can still wow some people with it's humor and really wet fun ride.

Wikipedia is not right. The court case that happened in 2011 stated that King and Fleischer don't own boop and most likely Harvey comics owned by DreamWorks Animation or which is now under Universal or Paramount/Viacom.
Who owns Betty Boop?

Since a lot can change after one court ruling I looked at info from the past year. Recent Betty Book press releases list King as the worldwide merchandising license holder. Current Betty items at Universal list copyright with King and Fleicher. Trademark is listed with Fleicher and Hearst.

Last edited:

I wonder what the cost would be to build a new flume ride on the same scale as Splash Mountain or Ripsaw Falls and then to tear out the existing flume for a new attraction.

Reactions: martymcflyy85
I'm so confused between this and the USH SLoP thread but I'll just repeat this here:

"Anyways: I think the mini-land should be another island... Manhattan Island! And think about it: on the other side of Toon Lagoon? Skull Island! Put a hidden Kong in the NYC background on the Empire State Building (if you've seen SLoP, you'd notice how their NY skyline is distinctly different than USF/Marvel), and boom! Thematic cohesion.

Toon Lagoon can remain with Popeye and Dudley."

I'm so confused between this and the USH SLoP thread but I'll just repeat this here:

"Anyways: I think the mini-land should be another island... Manhattan Island! And think about it: on the other side of Toon Lagoon? Skull Island! Put a hidden Kong in the NYC background on the Empire State Building (if you've seen SLoP, you'd notice how their NY skyline is distinctly different than USF/Marvel), and boom! Thematic cohesion.

Toon Lagoon can remain with Popeye and Dudley."

Why not add it to the NY area?

TnN4rkV.jpg

Last edited:
Reactions: shiekra38 and Nico
It would hurt to lose Monster's Cafe. That is an amazingly themed counter service restaurant.
Inside is well done. The exterior and placement are nothing special and in the way. I wonder what you could do with the area if Shrek, Monster Cafe, and Transformers covered extended queue were all razed that'd be a sizable area for a stand alone E Ticket.

Inside is well done. The exterior and placement are nothing special and in the way. I wonder what you could do with the area if Shrek, Monster Cafe, and Transformers covered extended queue were all razed that'd be a sizable area for a stand alone E Ticket.
All true. But there are so many big projects in and near the pipeline I wonder if it's wishful thinking even consider more?

Reactions: Mike S

That's my logic aswell; as it would give you about 1.5 acres.

Reactions: Mike S