Inside Universal Forums

Welcome to the Inside Universal Forums! Register a free account today to become a member. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members and unlock our forums features!

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

Mass WDI Layoffs

How much are they paying and what are the benefits I will receive along with per diem? ...Asking for a friend.

Universal benefits are some of the best out there. I've never seen anything like it. Does your friend have lots of experience in the themed design biz plus management? I don't believe they are sending newbies there but who knows.

Universal benefits are some of the best out there. I've never seen anything like it. Does your friend have lots of experience in the themed design biz plus management? I don't believe they are sending newbies there but who knows.

20 yr developmental engineering officer in Air Force. Not exactly theme park design but a lot of experience on technical side.

A few of the heavy hitters may be able to use their Disney experience as leverage to NOT go to China if they want. For instance Joe. If Universal REALLY wanted him, but he really didn't want to go to China, he could simply negotiate working on the Orlando south project as part of his hiring.
Someone on that level usually gets the benefit of being able to just make frequent visits to whatever they are working on.

The one for DCA where Joe refers to it as a kinda sorta Tower/fortress/Power Plant thingy. He literally had to stifle a laugh.

Are you talking about this video announcement?
Guardians of the Galaxy - Mission: BREAKOUT! Coming to Disney ...
The :35 second mark is where he mentions what you said. He never laughs or smirks once. You and I likely did- but not him. Not to say he didn't throw a fit behind closed doors- which I would have.

Sorry for my first post questioning you.

Seeing a lot of people not seeing the forest for the trees online. Lots of victim blaming too, "this is what we get", etc.

Make no mistakes this is not normal.

I think you all are missing the big picture here.

It means the Yeti will NEVER be fixed :curse: Sorry for who was let go, most of them will land on their feet and be able to use their talent again but I have to be self centered and think of what it means to me. Yeti is frozen in time :died:

Just kidding, I am sorry for anyone who loses a job, will be interesting to see who has a window on main street in 10 years.

I think you all are missing the big picture here.

It means the Yeti will NEVER be fixed :curse: Sorry for who was let go, most of them will land on their feet and be able to use their talent again but I have to be self centered and think of what it means to me. Yeti is frozen in time :died:

Just kidding, I am sorry for anyone who loses a job, will be interesting to see who has a window on main street in 10 years.
Just be thankful the Yeti wasn't laid off.

Are you talking about this video announcement?
Guardians of the Galaxy - Mission: BREAKOUT! Coming to Disney ...
The :35 second mark is where he mentions what you said. He never laughs or smirks once. You and I likely did- but not him. Not to say he didn't throw a fit behind closed doors- which I would have.

Sorry for my first post questioning you.

Welcome to the dark side.

He was shaking his head no when he was saying "I will be back" Maybe he knew something was up?