Inside Universal Forums

Welcome to the Inside Universal Forums! Register a free account today to become a member. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members and unlock our forums features!

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

Forbidden Journey Refurbishment (Update: Early Dec)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yeah, that is problematic. Other than cutting your vacation short and driving down to Universal Hollywood upon your return for FJ... I am afraid there is no solution. The reason theme parks guarantee nothing in their brochures I guess.

And normally I'd be totally cool. But I did my part. I was very diligent about checking for closures. November 1st came and nothing posted. Even chatted with an employee before purchasing. I made an informed, researched decision. They withheld information on their end to avoid losing money. What's awful is I would've just rescheduled to 11/28 if they had just been transparent.

Changing to a different flight costs $800? Or are you saying you have $800 in the tickets and are just assuming a loss of all of it if you don't go? Southwest allows flight changes for free on certain fares. You pay the difference in the cost of the two flights, but if the flights cost the same, you are good to go. Not all airlines and fares are that way though.

But if you can change to a different flight for less or or free and go another time, then the sting isn't as bad. And if you can do that, maybe you can keep raising hell with uni and they'll comp you something or give a better hotel rate. I agree it's crap they are doing that to package holders. If you didn't have a package, I'd say sorry about your luck. But with a package, they should offer something.

Changing to a different flight costs $800? Or are you saying you have $800 in the tickets and are just assuming a loss of all of it if you don't go? Southwest allows flight changes for free on certain fares. You pay the difference in the cost of the two flights, but if the flights cost the same, you are good to go. Not all airlines and fares are that way though.

But if you can change to a different flight for less or or free and go another time, then the sting isn't as bad. And if you can do that, maybe you can keep raising hell with uni and they'll comp you something or give a better hotel rate. I agree it's crap they are doing that to package holders. If you didn't have a package, I'd say sorry about your luck. But with a package, they should offer something.

My flights were $800. Changing your flight is $200 per person. Since the flight is so close, moving the date to even a week earlier or two weeks later creates an extra $200 difference in fares. So to change all together would make the total cost of my flights $1600.

My flights were $800. Changing your flight is $200 per person. Since the flight is so close, moving the date to even a week earlier or two weeks later creates an extra $200 difference in fares. So to change all together would make the total cost of my flights $1600.

Ouch. What about delaying the trip a few months to find cheaper fares? Still out $400 though.

Sigh. No matter what I'm paying $500 or more to experience one ride. I can suck that up. I feel horrible for my gf tho as this has been her only wish for the past year.

And normally I'd be totally cool. But I did my part. I was very diligent about checking for closures. November 1st came and nothing posted. Even chatted with an employee before purchasing. I made an informed, researched decision. They withheld information on their end to avoid losing money. What's awful is I would've just rescheduled to 11/28 if they had just been transparent.
Sadly I highly doubt the the customer service agent know about this until the day of either.

Sadly I highly doubt the the customer service agent know about this until the day of either.

Oh I'm certain they don't. I wasn't trying to imply the customer service person was feeding me misinformation. Just that as a consumer I did my homework and wasn't simply an ignorant patron.

Understood. I'm kind of dumbfounded they did it this way. I'm kind of hoping something emergent came up to make this happen.

Understood. I'm kind of dumbfounded they did it this way. I'm kind of hoping something emergent came up to make this happen.

I doubt it. If it was they wouldn't wait for such specific dates. It's a planned refurb that they didn't announce until after people's packages were already charged.

I doubt it. If it was they wouldn't wait for such specific dates. It's a planned refurb that they didn't announce until after people's packages were already charged.

It's such a tough situation.. sorry to hear about it. Keep pushing Universal for more, hopefully you get something for it.

Yeah, attractions close for refurbishments all the time. There's 4 other Harry Potter attractions and two immersive lands to explore.

Something must have changed (or died or retired or was fired - one can hope) to get this project back online.

The mentality around Hogwarts the first go round was one of "this is how we've always done it, nothing can be changed, nothing can be done."

There are a LOT of things they can do for the castle that would dramatically improve the guest experience (locker rebuild, pulse the show areas as originally designed, put a black curtain in front of the bird statue at Dumbledore's office to stop people from bringing the line to a dead stop there for their god damn selfies.)

So far the only concrete thing I've heard is the "not an exit" in dungeons will get an emergency exit only sign on the door and the stanchion storage cage will get a *gasp* lock to keep the muggles out.

That it has taken this many years for those minor changes to be approved just shows the level of obstructionist BS that pervades the place.

May we hope their whole little worlds are ripped out from under their feet in just a few short days. And for farfanoogin's sake, change Dumbledore's bulb.

Gringotts was supposed to take crowds from FJ. It didn't. Kong was supposed to. It doesn't.

December is likely the point where attendance dips enough to justify the work planned.

Status
Not open for further replies.