Inside Universal Forums

Welcome to the Inside Universal Forums! Register a free account today to become a member. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members and unlock our forums features!

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

Hell Week Wait Times

9:00 PM Friday evening and Forbidden Journey is listed at 120 minutes. I've checked apx. half a dozen times today and I haven't seen it at under 120 minutes at any time I checked.

Journey has a really high capacity. So I'm not sure if it is really the long of a wait, overstatement by ops (they'd rather over than under), or if there's a tech issue that is slowing down loading (some vehicles can't be used or if the elevator died they have to do ADA stops every other hour).

What were the other rides like while FJ was that long a queue?
The high temperature was in the 50's so the water rides were dead, of course. Kong was in the vicinity of 2 to 3 hours most of the day and averaged 118 minutes for the day
Hulk was often over 2 hrs. and averaged 86 minutes
Spider Man was often over 2 hrs. and averaged 104 minutes
Despicable Me hit 3 hrs. and averaged 129 minutes.
Gringotts averaged 115 minutes
Mummy averaged 72 minutes
Transformers averaged 104 minutes
Lines were still real long when I checked them at 9 PM yesterday evening.

Last edited:
The high temperature was in the 50's so the water rides were dead, of course. Kong was in the vicinity of 2 to 3 hours most of the day and averaged 118 minutes for the day
Hulk was often over 2 hrs. and averaged 86 minutes
Spider Man was often over 2 hrs. and averaged 104 minutes
Despicable Me hit 3 hrs. and averaged 129 minutes.
Gringotts averaged 115 minutes
Mummy averaged 72 minutes
Transformers averaged 104 minutes
Lines were still real long when I checked them at 9 PM yesterday evening.
They all got really short at IOA around 9:30 as people went to USF for the fireworks. That's when I showed up. ;)

Hogsmede was very very close to going into standby yesterday and FJ queue was at greeter at one point and the extended queue was set up across the JP bridge but they never used it

Waits were much more manageable on the last day of the year -- Kong was only at a 60 throughout the majority of the day, and dropped off to a 15 minute wait around 7 until park close at 11.

It's finally over guys, peak is done!

Universal Hollywood is breaking records, even after Hell week; with the park selling out and having these wait times..

UPPER LOT
Studio Tour (last tram: 9:30)
- 110 min
The Walking Dead Attraction - 40 min
Simpsons - 75 min
Despicable Me - 80 min
WaterWorld - 1:20 PM
Special Effects Show - 2:30 PM
Animal Actors - 1:00 PM
Shrek 4D - 50 min

THE WIZARDING WORLD OF HARRY POTTER™ (UPPER LOT)
Harry Potter and the Forbidden Journey™
- 235 min
Flight of the Hippogriff™ - 80 min

LOWER LOT
Transformers
- 110 min
Jurassic Park - 45 min
Revenge of the Mummy - 90 min
Last updated 12:30 PM

Knowing SoCal locals the gas is probably expensive or there is construction on the road to Vegas.

You can infer my eye roll with that statement. Being a longtime Orlando local it was a bit of a culture shock to see how SoCal natives view leisure. Theme parks are things to do in the afternoon after work for a few hours and by golly, bring a good book to read at a table or knitting needles. Cuz it's a "park." (Again, eye roll.)

But vacation?!? Omfg Becky! VEGAS!!! And the world ends there. There is nothing past vegas. The east coast does not exist.

It's very bizarre.