Inside Universal Forums

Welcome to the Inside Universal Forums! Register a free account today to become a member. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members and unlock our forums features!

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

Star Wars: Galaxy's Edge (Disney's Hollywood Studios)

just look at it its terrible and a lot of people are complaing about the dca tower.

Keep in mind, that; is not the Hollywood Studios version but it's the DCA version.

Have I forgotten to say it's somewhat off-topic?

__

Back to SWL, to pose a thought, as unless if they speed up really quick in the next few months to be on schedule for 2019, I have to believe that they'll have to bump it to a late 2019/early 2020 window. Perhaps it is just me, but I just can't see them being ready by the same time that Disneyland will be at.

Back to SWL, to pose a thought, as unless if they speed up really quick in the next few months to be on schedule for 2019, I have to believe that they'll have to bump it to a late 2019/early 2020 window. Perhaps it is just me, but I just can't see them being ready by the same time that Disneyland will be at.
They are at least 6-8 months behind if you look at photos of Disneyland construction.

idk about the 95 dollar thing but i did hear all ap,s will be blocked out for the first 3 months unless you pay for a normal day ticket.

Apparently there's a bit of renewed chatter going around that both coasts' lands may end up opening very close to the same time after all, with the reasoning being that once Disneyland's major infrastructure is in place, the pace at that resort's site will deliberately slow down considerably as they dive into the theme and detail stuff and work all the kinks out of the rides. During that time, Hollywood Studios' version would eventually catch up.

We'll see if anything even close to that ends up transpiring, but I'm all-in for a dual resort Grand Opening Extravaganza.

Apparently there's a bit of renewed chatter going around that both coasts' lands may end up opening very close to the same time after all, with the reasoning being that once Disneyland's major infrastructure is in place, the pace at that resort's site will deliberately slow down considerably as they dive into the theme and detail stuff and work all the kinks out of the rides. During that time, Hollywood Studios' version would eventually catch up.

We'll see if anything even close to that ends up transpiring, but I'm all-in for a dual resort Grand Opening Extravaganza.

This sums up the difference between Disney and Universal when it comes to construction. Universal would speed up HS instead of slowing down DL.

Here's a good aerial of the Falcon ride out in Disneyland. Give it 6 months or so and we'll get to roughly this point :lol:
7oGWAj1.jpg

Here's a good aerial of the Falcon ride out in Disneyland. Give it 6 months or so and we'll get to roughly this point :lol:
7oGWAj1.jpg
So, what the heck is this thing? Cause it's starting to look like it might actually be 4-person ride vehicles attached to kuka arms on ride vehicles going in a circle the entire time while facing a screen? Like one section of Forbidden Journey's that's a screen portion and that's it? Will it loop through the track several times like the old airship scene in Figment to make it longer, or go slow enough to make it around once per show?

Times two tracks for capacity?

Is the only way we get to actually fly the MF ourselves is to do a ride that's like the ending to Horizons, with our own screen, while in a Sum of All Thrills ride on a track going in a circle? I mean, it does make sense. But, man, that'd be weird, no?

So, what the heck is this thing? Cause it's starting to look like it might actually be 4-person ride vehicles attached to kuka arms on ride vehicles going in a circle the entire time while facing a screen? Like one section of Forbidden Journey's that's a screen portion and that's it? Will it loop through the track several times like the old airship scene in Figment to make it longer, or go slow enough to make it around once per show?

Times two tracks for capacity?

Is the only way we get to actually fly the MF ourselves is to do a ride that's like the ending to Horizons, with our own screen, while in a Sum of All Thrills ride on a track going in a circle? I mean, it does make sense. But, man, that'd be weird, no?
I believe one slow loop. 2 carousels for capacity.

So Star Wars land will feature two signature attractions, one like Spider-Man (but with trackless ride vehicles like Antartica,) and one like the screen portions of Forbidden Journey? Is that right?

I do realize they were originally working with Kuka to produce a ride similar to this for Harry Potter before JK and WB took the deal to Universal. And I realize Disney Paris has had the Rat ride with a trackless ride system and screens that feels like Spider-Man already... but can't help think these attractions will endlessly be compared to Universal once they open. And once again Disney will look reactionary instead of revolutionary.

(Sorry, not usually my style to be the negative one on the forums, but the more I hear about these ride systems, the more concerned I get for SWL and meeting guest expectations.)