Inside Universal Forums

Welcome to the Inside Universal Forums! Register a free account today to become a member. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members and unlock our forums features!

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

Star Wars: Galaxy's Edge (Disney's Hollywood Studios)

I liked Star Trek at Vegas, but the Star Wars rumor seemed to be jumping back & forth from ride vehicles instead. Reminded me of musical chairs.
I don't know, the picture I had in my head was you get off the ride vehicle, get chased down a corridor by stormtroopers, and then jump into a different ride vehicle, maybe a totally different type. Or maybe it's the same type but has a different shell so it seems like it's a different kind of vehicle.

I don't know, the picture I had in my head was you get off the ride vehicle, get chased down a corridor by stormtroopers, and then jump into a different ride vehicle, maybe a totally different type. Or maybe it's the same type but has a different shell so it seems like it's a different kind of vehicle.
Kind of what I envisioned, hence musical chairs. Just sounds too chaotic to me to have a smooth, no issues, operation. I can't see a smooth decent capacity flow for that concept. Star Trek was pretty limited capacity, not the theme park crowds, so the Borg thing worked for that. Just my opinion though.

Kind of what I envisioned, hence musical chairs. Just sounds too chaotic to me to have a smooth, no issues, operation. I can't see a smooth decent capacity flow for that concept. Star Trek was pretty limited capacity, not the theme park crowds, so the Borg thing worked for that. Just my opinion though.

So will they bring guest's wheelchairs and ECVs to this point in the ride for them to transfer, or will they have generic ones there for everyone to use?

That and just people who are slow killing capacity will prevent any kind of vehicle switch from happening.

So will they bring guest's wheelchairs and ECVs to this point in the ride for them to transfer, or will they have generic ones there for everyone to use?

That and just people who are slow killing capacity will prevent any kind of vehicle switch from happening.
And having to recheck restraints, etc.

And having to recheck restraints, etc.
There's no time for that! Can't you see we're in a battle for our lives!?!

Seriously though, I hate this rumor. If it's just a rumor, we're wasting our time thinking about how something so dumb could be accomplished... And if it isn't a rumor, and actually was something they were considering, I can't believe anyone at a pitch meeting even listened to the guy that threw that one out there in the first place.

That all being said, I did have a dream once that Kong started offering dining in the middle of the ride. Like you stop before the 360 scene and have a burger at tables set up in the jungle. Then get back on the ride when you're done. Except in my dream there was more physical sets.

But this ain't no dream, and the idea is dumb.

I wonder if the queue could have show scenes in it and thats where the rumor is coming from. Maybe they split everyone into pre show groups and you go from scene to scene until you board the ride to escape?

I wonder if the queue could have show scenes in it and thats where the rumor is coming from. Maybe they split everyone into pre show groups and you go from scene to scene until you board the ride to escape?
This sounds pretty cool actually. Sounds to me what the pre-shows for the new Guardians of the Galaxy ToT overlay in California might be like.

Kind of like Gringotts, except the ride should technically "start" in the queues. This way they could time the rooms exactly with each subsequent scene a little shorter in time so they can exit before the next group enters. If something happens down the line and there's a backup, they don't start the first scene.

I like that idea.

Yea, I was so excited when I saw it on social media. Is this the first Star Wars face character for the parks?

The Seventh Sister was unmasked last night, as another Face Character for Star Wars in particular.

And, I don't think so, unless if you are saying the first "NEW" Face Character for the parks in a good amount of time in the case of Star Wars.

The Seventh Sister was unmasked last night, as another Face Character for Star Wars in particular.

And, I don't think so, unless if you are saying the first "NEW" Face Character for the parks in a good amount of time in the case of Star Wars.
I just know seeing that "show" they do in front of the Great Movie Ride with the vignettes from all the Star Wars eras featuring characters in front of an LED screen, every single one of them has a mask. Okay, well except Darth Maul, I guess you could consider him a face character. But Chewbacca, Stormtroopers, Phasma, Kylo Ren, Darth Vader, C3PO, all masked, and R2's a robot, BB-8's a bot, etc. As I watched that the other day I was wondering if they'd ever have actual face characters like Luke or Han. So it's cool to see Rey show up last night. Hope it wasn't just for the celebration though.

And the Seventh Sister is from Star Wars Rebels right? I don't watch the cartoons, just the films, so I don't know who that is. But the more characters in the parks the better.

I just know seeing that "show" they do in front of the Great Movie Ride with the vignettes from all the Star Wars eras featuring characters in front of an LED screen, every single one of them has a mask. Okay, well except Darth Maul, I guess you could consider him a face character. But Chewbacca, Stormtroopers, Phasma, Kylo Ren, Darth Vader, C3PO, all masked, and R2's a robot, BB-8's a bot, etc. As I watched that the other day I was wondering if they'd ever have actual face characters like Luke or Han. So it's cool to see Rey show up last night. Hope it wasn't just for the celebration though.

And the Seventh Sister is from Star Wars Rebels right? I don't watch the cartoons, just the films, so I don't know who that is. But the more characters in the parks the better.

The Seventh Sister is from Rebels, yes.

And to me, I would assume Maul as a Face-Character, even if he doesn't speak..

The Seventh Sister is from Rebels, yes.

And to me, I would assume Maul as a Face-Character, even if he doesn't speak..
Yea, Maul occurred to me as I was typing that.. But it's as mask-y as you can get without actually having a mask on.

It looks like there maybe some sort of MagicBand integration through out the land and it will track how you do on the attractions and as said your reputation will follow you about