Volcano Bay Construction & Preview Discussion | Page 402 | Inside Universal Forums

Volcano Bay Construction & Preview Discussion

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Well everyone is entitled to theirs. The open side is not an eyesore to me..but when you get underneath and snap photos of steel then yeah that part is.

I'm not visiting during the opening month... But if I were I'd keep in mind that opening day is just a day, but this park is intended to be here for 50+ years. A lot is going to change. A lot is going to be improved rather quickly. Some things may take a couple years to iron out.

USF didn't have any background music when it first opened, because it was attempting to resemble a real-life working movie studio and backlot... And for that you need there to be "quiet on the set!" It felt weirdly calm in the park. Like a Twilight Zone episode. They fixed that mistake real fast... (Although the music in San Fransisco needs to be updated like 15 years ago. Smooth by Rob Thomas, still? Barenaked Ladies? Doesn't really scream San Francisco to me.)

I'm super excited Universal built their own water park. And the rides look amazing. But I expect it to not feel like the tropical getaway they're going for for another year or two. After the smell of fresh paint wears off. And the foliage fills out. Until then, it's going to have that new theme park smell, and probably even some ill-advised choices that will quickly be remedied after the sound of 10,000 bloggers fills the Twittersphere.

It's not day one I am concerned about. More like day 500 or so. That's when it should be coming into its own and be a more complete feeling park.

Well everyone is entitled to theirs. The open side is not an eyesore to me..but when you get underneath and snap photos of steel then yeah that part is.

Except that this is very much within guest view. Guests will get up close and personal with the support tree:

1. While climbing the stairs of the manta mat racers.
2. While floating down the action river
3. While on board the water coaster
4. While queuing for the drop slides

The only option they have at this point is to pack it in with Bamboo, and even that won't really solve the problem.

Guys, the Waturi people built a water park on the island after they got there. It wasn't magically embedded in the landscape. That's not the damn point. You're missing it. Those slides were put in the volcano. Supports and all. They weren't part of the volcano. I don't have a problem with anything in this park. It's will be one of the top water parks in the world. And the slide collection, pools and park layout is unmatched by ANY Central Florida water park.

mthr123234LARGE.jpg

When a 'mountain' built 58 years ago doesn't show any of it's support structure but can't be done today with modern construction technology. I guess it's okay though because UO told me the Waturi people said seeing support structures in half of the volcano are part of the fun!

mthr123234LARGE.jpg

When a 'mountain' built 58 years ago doesn't show any of it's support structure but can't be done today with modern construction technology. I guess it's okay though because UO told me the Waturi people said seeing support structures in half of the volcano are part of the fun!

/cracks nuckles

If you're going to come to the playground know what you're talking about. This was the Matterhorn for 20+ years inside...

insidematterhorn_3.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.