Inside Universal Forums

Welcome to the Inside Universal Forums! Register a free account today to become a member. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members and unlock our forums features!

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

Volcano Bay: General Discussion

It's good to see they are starting to work out some of the kinks, hopefully they can finish most of the construction over the next few weeks and we can actually start to see the finished product. From a selfish point of view I probably won't be at the park until May next year so everything should be sorted by then.

I'm neither an engineer nor a decorator, but those gray stair supports look as if they were a construction afterthought, a correction, even. They seem almost randomly placed.

Was that really a design choice from the beginning or did something go wrong and the stair supports needed to be added unexpectedly?

I'm utterly baffled by it at this point. The large beams obviously are meant to be covered but they added many of those tall poles recently. What on earth is going on with those?

I'm neither an engineer nor a decorator, but those gray stair supports look as if they were a construction afterthought, a correction, even. They seem almost randomly placed.

Was that really a design choice from the beginning or did something go wrong and the stair supports needed to be added unexpectedly?

I'm pretty sure the answer to most of these puzzling questions is going to be "Not complete" :lol:

I'm pretty sure the answer to most of these puzzling questions is going to be "Not complete" :lol:
Are they going to close the park for a week to fix all this stuff, or what?

They shouldn't have opened the park yet, that much is clear. From the stories the opening sounds as bad as July 17, 1955.

Question for those who have been: does it seem to be mostly locals and/or AP holders? I'd feel bad if many from the GP are in this.

We're on site but waiting until at least Weds...

Anyone know how operations-wise the slides are going? I think the two serpentine slides should get 240 riders per hour together if they're going close to max capacity- but with a 5.5 hour wait I doubt they're remotely close to that (unless the park is just that crowded).

If this's what the park looks like at capacity with 5 hour waits, they have a serious problem.
EDIT: Nevermind. Bio on Twitter confirmed that these pictures were taken early this morning.

Last edited:
(This is not a capacity complaint or complaint in general)
Aside from financial gain, not sure why Universal didn't stick with original opening plans.
Would have loved to see them take their time and making sure guests have full detailed experiences.
I know they build pretty quick but still, I feel like this could have waited until June. People would still come right?
But here is to hoping everything does indeed get complete and stays high quality.