Inside Universal Forums

Welcome to the Inside Universal Forums! Register a free account today to become a member. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members and unlock our forums features!

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

Universal's New Park/Site B Blue Sky Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
This, Croods 2, Edgar Wright's Shadow, The Tim Minchin movie, and a lot more franchises got axed. The upcoming projects are those, Shrek 5, Wizard of Once and Voltron. They also still have 36 more shows on their Netflix deal.

Pardon if I ask, but was that said if it was Live-Action or to be animated in a similar style of what the Netflix series is done?

If it's the second, then that gives me a Simpsons/MLP Movie vibe in a sense.

Either way, I expect DWA to have a presence for the parks, regardless if that means a mini-land or 2. And that, if I was to guess what would be the most likely IP for them to touch, it is Dragons.

Pardon if I ask, but was that said if it was Live-Action or to be animated in a similar style of what the Netflix series is done?

If it's the second, then that gives me a Simpsons/MLP Movie vibe in a sense.

Either way, I expect DWA to have a presence for the parks, regardless if that means a mini-land or 2. And that, if I was to guess what would be the most likely IP for them to touch, it is Dragons.

Both live action and animated are in the works. Kinda like what Sony is doing with Spiderman.

Both live action and animated are in the works. Kinda like what Sony is doing with Spiderman.

In that case, I really hope they cancel the live-action and just go animated.

That said, and I am curious; but in all likelyhood, how much are we betting that Universal will do a Original land for the park? It's a thought that I have had more recent, and with Volcano Bay; they do have the ability to tell original stories. And that, is the one thing that I am actually hoping more in what they offer than anything else for the park.

In that case, I really hope they cancel the live-action and just go animated.
It might be if Transformers fatigue is pretty serious over the next few years and Pacific Rim 2 does poorly. I can't see Universal signing up to a $150m+ budgeted Voltron (with another $50m+ marketing) with no guarantee of payoff. It'd need to be a great franchise launching script for a live-action movie to get funded. They'd just stick to animation for it if that doesn't happen.

I'm sure we'll find out in the next year or two what'll happen to that.

It might be if Transformers fatigue is pretty serious over the next few years and Pacific Rim 2 does poorly. I can't see Universal signing up to a $150m+ budgeted Voltron (with another $50m+ marketing) with no guarantee of payoff. It'd need to be a great franchise launching script for a live-action movie to get funded. They'd just stick to animation for it if that happens.

Well their animated show is extremely well received by near all who watch it. I'm not really worried about Voltron as long as they don't make it gritty and dark and just keep it more so fun than serious, it will do well.

It might be if Transformers fatigue is pretty serious over the next few years and Pacific Rim 2 does poorly. I can't see Universal signing up to a $150m+ budgeted Voltron (with another $50m+ marketing) with no guarantee of payoff. It'd need to be a great franchise launching script for a live-action movie to get funded. They'd just stick to animation for it if that happens.

I would wholeheartedly agree, and that to me, I get a more Avatar like response when it comes to that IP in particular.

I'm all up for something Voltron related at the parks, it just depends if they would be willing to go for a small IP like that at this point.

That said, and I am curious; but in all likelyhood, how much are we betting that Universal will do a Original land for the park? It's a thought that I have had more recent, and with Volcano Bay; they do have the ability to tell original stories. And that, is the one thing that I am actually hoping more in what they offer than anything else for the park.
I'm hoping they come up with a deeper unique theme (not just something that connects a bunch of IPs) that actually applies to the whole park. Something like what Volcano Bay has but for a dry park, like an answer to Epcot or Animal Kingdom (even though Epcot is moving away from its original idea).

It could be something like "Ancient Earth" if they focus on "old age" IPs like Jurassic World, Fantastic Beasts, even HTTYD and Zelda could fit that kind of motif.

That's really where I hope they come up with something grand.

And then you can easily see an original land (non-IP based) fitting that theme.

I'm hoping they come up with a deeper unique theme (not just something that connects a bunch of IPs) that actually applies to the whole park. Something like what Volcano Bay has but for a dry park, like an answer to Epcot or Animal Kingdom (even though Epcot is moving away from its original idea).

It could be something like "Ancient Earth" if they focus on "old age" IPs like Jurassic World, Fantastic Beasts, even HTTYD and Zelda could fit that kind of motif.

That's really where I hope they come up with something grand.

And then you can easily see an original land (non-IP based) fitting that theme.

Honestly, I would have three lands in the park that are completely original, and connects to the theme; with one being as a form of an icon of the park.

What could the all around theme for this new park be? IOA, Universal, and VB all have different layouts and a specific ambiance to each park. What could this ones be ?

What could the all around theme for this new park be? IOA, Universal, and VB all have different layouts and a specific ambiance to each park. What could this ones be ?

I'd want to guess that they would hopefully put an emphasis on that, once you step into the park, you escape reality and walk into your favorite world's in pop culture.

I think it's obvious we're moving beyond an overall tying theme being necessary. It'd be nice, but if the 4th park is "Land of IPs" - it would still bring in guests.

I think it's obvious we're moving beyond an overall tying theme being necessary. It'd be nice, but if the 4th park is "Land of IPs" - it would still bring in guests.
That "land of IP's" sounds really stupid. Every ride in a theme park should be themed after a popular topic. IOA has marvel, JP, HP, and Kong which are all popular in the publics eyes. This doesn't mean it's theme is islands of IP.

Edit: this thread should be called the blind leading the blind.

That "land of IP's" sounds really stupid. Every ride in a theme park should be themed after a popular topic. IOA has marvel, JP, HP, and Kong which are all popular in the publics eyes. This doesn't mean it's theme is islands of IP.

IoA opened with marvel, toon Lagoon, Seuss, JP, lost continent and port of entry. Two original- really, one in my eyes as port Is just an entrance. And USF opened with essentially only IPs. Disney was different as there wasn't nearly as much IP in DHS (vs USF) and DAK was almost all original in 99' sans for meet and greets and a show. But for universal, IPs have always been their thing.
It just seems odd that people would even consider the idea that we'd have three original areas when they only have 3 original areas currently at all 3 parks combined. One is a park itself and 2 are as subpar as it gets. VB, the shell of LC and an entryway.
IPs are going to dominate the new park. It's in Universals DNA and that's what they've always done. It would be a sharp departure otherwise.
IP or original is fine by me. Either way I have high hopes and expectations.

:bonk:

I was being facetious with the name, Lucas. Good grief.

I'd actually love to see Universal attempt a Shenmo-inspired fantasy section in the park and Kung Fu Panda would be a good excuse to do that.

I mean picture this:
valleypeace2_2.jpg

A dark ride, a couple restaurants, and a martial arts stage show? Valley of Peace sounds lovely to me.
I want panda just for the food options!

Endangered animals do taste delicious.

I kid I kid.

Yes, they could definitely do some ramen in broth and yummy dumplings up in that land. I'm down.
I was thinking a "pho" place, because of the Po puns they could use for names of things lol.

Also I would cry if we got a classic monster castle ride. Fingers crossed that the Dark Universe pans out

Status
Not open for further replies.