Hagrid’s Magical Creatures Motorbike Adventure Construction Discussion | Page 17 | Inside Universal Forums

Hagrid’s Magical Creatures Motorbike Adventure Construction Discussion

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm way, way behind on this thread.

Could somebody explain how these ride types are different than Gringotts? It seems like Gringotts was a coaster with screen-based scenes. It sounds like most of the rumored ride systems are the same idea, but maybe with an outdoor coaster section attached.
We still have no idea what kind of coaster the ride will be. Here's what everyone is discussing. Watch the videos to see how they differ:

The SFX coaster has similar capabilities as Gringotts, plus more features like sudden elevator drops.

The Powered Inverted Coaster is like if you mixed the ET ride system with a coaster system, plus the ride vehicles can rotate. It can be very coaster-y if you wanted it to, but also go slow through show scenes:

And then others have suggested a coaster with motorcycle seats and sidecars like Hagrid drives in the films. That could be a system similar to Shanghai's Tron Light Cycle Run or SeaWorld Antonio's new Wave Breaker coaster.

No one really knows. We're all just guessing. You haven't missed much.

It's pretty much guaranteed there will be some fully fleshed out show scenes in the ride, given the statements they made in the blog post:

The new attraction will be one of the most highly-themed coaster experiences we’ve created. It will combine a new level of storytelling with an action-packed adventure…and a few surprises along the way.

This ride is going to redefine the category and transport you to thrilling places, drawing you into even more exciting adventures within the wizarding world.

Last edited:
I think that Universal has the room to add their new ride and also add a couple shops/restaurants. Dragon Challenge takes up an insane amount of space so it's definitely possible. As for the ride I think it's going to be half inside half outside and themed around the forbidden forest. The official announcements mentioned guests encountering "creatures" which led some to believe that it would be based around Fantastic Beast, but I don't think that would be as well received as a ride that features the forbidden forest. Even though Dragon Challenge is one of my favorite roller coasters I do think that the space could be better utilized and I am excited about the changes to come

Reactions: Joel and Scott W.
We still have no idea what kind of coaster the ride will be. Here's what everyone is discussing. Watch the videos to see how they differ:

The SFX coaster has similar capabilities as Gringotts, plus more features like sudden elevator drops.

The Powered Inverted Coaster is like if you mixed the ET ride system with a coaster system, plus the ride vehicles can rotate. It can be very coaster-y if you wanted it to, but also go slow through show scenes:

And then others have suggested a coaster with motorcycle seats and sidecars like Hagrid drives in the films. That could be a system similar to Shanghai's Tron Light Cycle Run or SeaWorld Antonio's new Wave Breaker coaster.

It's pretty much guaranteed there will be some fully fleshed out show scenes in the ride, given the statements they made in the blog post:

The new attraction will be one of the most highly-themed coaster experiences we’ve created. It will combine a new level of storytelling with an action-packed adventure…and a few surprises along the way.

This ride is going to redefine the category and transport you to thrilling places, drawing you into even more exciting adventures within the wizarding world.

If I had to pick one of the three, I'd go for the inverted coaster. It sounds like a good like for like swap. The SFX coaster sounds too similar to Gringotts which would maybe be ok since it's a different park (Transformers and Spider-Man) but not for the same IP and with Tron coming to MK, I don't think Universal want to have a direct comparison to the mouse just down the road.

Maybe we're all wrong and it will be a RMC just for the sake of variety.

I think that Universal has the room to add their new ride and also add a couple shops/restaurants. Dragon Challenge takes up an insane amount of space so it's definitely possible. As for the ride I think it's going to be half inside half outside and themed around the forbidden forest. The official announcements mentioned guests encountering "creatures" which led some to believe that it would be based around Fantastic Beast, but I don't think that would be as well received as a ride that features the forbidden forest. Even though Dragon Challenge is one of my favorite roller coasters I do think that the space could be better utilized and I am excited about the changes to come

Welcome :wave:

Welcome to the Forums. :thumbsup::cheers:

Reactions: RevFreako

The inverted coaster reminds me of the zipline coaster I rode in Mexico. It is pretty simple, yet very fun. I could see that kind of system working perfectly for a highly themed attraction. Pretty much every seat has a good view, I hear a lot of complaints about bad seating on Kong. The only thing that would be a problem is having to shut down the ride in bad weather, or skip the cool outside portion of the forbidden forest for the daily Florida storms.

That was amazing. Thank you so much!

We order it all the time at Al Fresco in DCA. They make an excellent old vine zin.

I was just about to ask where to try it at DL. Thanks! :cheers:

Edit: Looking into this a bit more, this sounds perfect for my wife and I.

I think I've wasted enough of everybody's time. :topic:

Last edited:
Reactions: Joel
If I had to pick one of the three, I'd go for the inverted coaster. It sounds like a good like for like swap. The SFX coaster sounds too similar to Gringotts which would maybe be ok since it's a different park (Transformers and Spider-Man) but not for the same IP and with Tron coming to MK, I don't think Universal want to have a direct comparison to the mouse just down the road.

Maybe we're all wrong and it will be a RMC just for the sake of variety.

Welcome :wave:
People keep bringing up Gringotts as an SFX coaster....I just don't think Gringotts maximized the SFX coaster model..I like the idea of having the more intense Gringotts to round things out...I like Gringotts, but a more intense (obviously less screened) one would be amazing

Reactions: Ultranel
Since the short description says something they've never done before, I'm expecting little to no screens and probably not a standard coaster set up like a SFx would be. Expecting more of that inverted design honestly.

Since the short description says something they've never done before, I'm expecting little to no screens and probably not a standard coaster set up like a SFx would be. Expecting more of that inverted design honestly.

I wouldn't call the InvertPow or the SFX "Standard coasters". ;)

Honestly, I stand back at the SFX position; as I did originally in the past. Either way, as I said at the beginning; when the coaster begins to go vertical; that will be where we will see on what manufacturer it is and what the coaster type it'd be.

I wouldn't call the InvertPow or the SFX "Standard coasters". ;)

Honestly, I stand back at the SFX position; as I did originally in the past. Either way, as I said at the beginning; when the coaster begins to go vertical; that will be where we will see on what manufacturer it is and what the coaster type it'd be.
More so meant the ride vehicle being a standard cart, unless I'm incorrect on that.

I'm getting sooo excited for this project. It's gonna move fast after DC closes. Like almost Transformers fast.
It'll move even faster if you pay attention to the dates this time. :lol:;)...Good to see Universal being aggressive with this build so they can challenge Galaxy's Edge.:thumbsup:...Can't wait for what's going on the plot besides the coaster attraction. Go for the sky Universal. :)

I'm getting sooo excited for this project. It's gonna move fast after DC closes. Like almost Transformers fast.

It's going to be fascinating to be honest.

This will be no matter what the quickest timeline for anything major done for Potter on this scale; and that I am very excited to see what they try to do, as this could be more simple than one may think in a strange way.

More so meant the ride vehicle being a standard cart, unless I'm incorrect on that.

Perhaps, but I would argue that the ride experience itself will be highly different than a standard coaster.

Reactions: Mad Dog
Status
Not open for further replies.