Mickey and Minnie’s Runaway Railway (DHS) | Page 15 | Inside Universal Forums

Mickey and Minnie’s Runaway Railway (DHS)

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Yeah, that ride won't be filled to the brim with screens at all. ;)

But seriously, I'm sure new AA's will be cheaper and easier to maintain than reusing the old ones.

That's what I'm thinking also. I'm surprised there's not some off the shelf parts that could be used for all the storm troopers.

Disney has a long history of re-using animatronics when they close attractions.
greenrecycleears.png

My point was they won't be used as storm troopers or possibly even the entire land as funding was approved for it before they even decided to close the GMR.
True. But I bet every AA is in a warehouse somewhere waiting to be repurposed. Like the poor robot dog in Space Mtn's exit scenes. He used to be a healthy happy puppy. Here is in now after working for Disney for a decade. Missing foot, broken neck, the poor thing needs put down.
space-mountain-2011-01-22-8234-550x365.jpg

True. But I bet every AA is in a warehouse somewhere waiting to be repurposed. Like the poor robot dog in Space Mtn's exit scenes. He used to be a healthy happy puppy. Here is in now after working for Disney for a decade. Missing foot, broken neck, the poor thing needs put down.
space-mountain-2011-01-22-8234-550x365.jpg
Not all of them come out looking like that though. The Three Caballeros at Epcot came out better than they went in.

Rumors indicating that this ride will revolutionize the LPS ride system and use it in ways it has never been used before.
Since it's railway themed I can see them loading several train cars at once, like one long train. Have it all start like they're linked. Then have them split on the ride and go crazy in different directions. Could blow people's minds first time they ride it.

Just spitballing here.

Since it's railway themed I can see them loading several train cars at once, like one long train. Have it all start like they're linked. Then have them split on the ride and go crazy in different directions. Could blow people's minds first time they ride it.

Just spitballing here.

Given the technology in use, I can't see a lot of people in a single car as the images will get distorted for people at the front and back.

I like this idea though.

Rumors indicating that this ride will revolutionize the LPS ride system and use it in ways it has never been used before.

Ride vehicles and systems are important, but everything going on around the vehicle is just as - if not more - important.

But still, that's intriguing.

Just spitballing here.

That might be interesting. Put a Goofy AA in an engine car that is also moving around the scene with us, and that could provide an opportunity for some fun, inventive gags.

Ride vehicles and systems are important, but everything going on around the vehicle is just as - if not more - important.

But still, that's intriguing.

That might be interesting. Put a Goofy AA in an engine car that is also moving around the scene with us, and that could provide an opportunity for some fun, inventive gags.
Sounds like something Universal may be doing with SLOP.