Inside Universal Forums

Welcome to the Inside Universal Forums! Register a free account today to become a member. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members and unlock our forums features!

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

Universal's New Park/Site B Blue Sky Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
I still think there's 0 chance Jurassic World is a land in the new park. It makes 0 logistical sense. This isn't a Kong situation where after a decade and 1/2 they decide to bring back a property. JP is already alive and well in IoA.
To play devil's advocate, we have had Buzz Lightyear's Space Ranger Spin at Magic Kingdom, then Midway Mania at DHS, and now they're still adding more Toy Story rides. The fact that they're in multiple parks at same resort is weird to me too, but I guess it's not unprecedented for the industry.

At least JW is kind of a new trilogy of films. Definitely has a different style to it than the original.

I still think they can work a gyrosphere ride into IOA personally instead, but I wouldn't be surprised to see it in a new park to help drive new visitors there.

To play devil's advocate, we have had Buzz Lightyear's Space Ranger Spin at Magic Kingdom, then Midway Mania at DHS, and now they're still adding more Toy Story rides. The fact that they're in multiple parks at same resort is weird to me too, but I guess it's not unprecedented for the industry.

At least JW is kind of a new trilogy of films. Definitely has a different style to it than the original.

It has a slightly more modern style to it, sure, but it's still generally the same general idea. It just strikes me as a bad idea, but we'll see.

I still think they can work a gyrosphere ride into IOA personally instead, but I wouldn't be surprised to see it in a new park to help drive new visitors there.

I think adding the gyro and some JW touches to the existing park would be the best option, as I just personally don't see JW being a draw for people to extend trips.

"We already saw Jurassic Park when we went to Hogwarts. Let's go see Star Wars today instead."

I still think there's 0 chance Jurassic World is a land in the new park. It makes 0 logistical sense. This isn't a Kong situation where after a decade and 1/2 they decide to bring back a property. JP is already alive and well in IoA.

I think there’s a possibility but I can’t see JP and JW both existing at the same time.

I think it all comes down to how successful the next movie is. Universal might have a bigger vision for Jurassic Park than what IOA is currently capable of.

To say "0 chance" is a little crazy honestly. The movie did $650 million domestic, over $1.5 billion worldwide, was based on a theme park, and had one of the more awesome concepts for a theme park ride ever. I'd put the odds of the Gyro ride showing up in the 4th park as one of the big draws over just about any other concept out there. If you'd have said, theres 0 chance that JW goes to the new park without them closing JP at IOA, I'd say you'd have a little more ground to stand on.

If you'd have said, theres 0 chance that JW goes to the new park without them closing JP at IOA, I'd say you'd have a little more ground to stand on.

That to me is even more of a baffling idea.

"Hey let's demolish one of our lands that is perfectly good and popular."

"Why?"

"To build another one!"

I dunno. It just seems like bad business to me when you can build the Gyrosphere at IOA

"Why?"

"To build another one!"

I dunno. It just seems like bad business to me when you can build the Gyrosphere at IOA
There isn't any space left for it in IOA, at least not without removing either jpra or Camp Jurassic. I agree though, it probably would have made more sense for a single "Jurassic" land. But it seemed like Universal didn't expect Jurassic World to do well. I feel like if Universal realized just how well Jurassic World would do in theaters we wouldn't have seen Kong in IOA but a gyrosphere attraction in that space instead. In hindsight, a seperate World and Park is probably the next best solution.

There isn't any space left for it in IOA, at least not without removing either jpra or Camp Jurassic. I agree though, it probably would have made more sense for a single "Jurassic" land. But it seemed like Universal didn't expect Jurassic World to do well. I feel like if Universal realized just how well Jurassic World would do in theaters we wouldn't have seen Kong in IOA but a gyrosphere attraction in that space instead. In hindsight, a seperate World and Park is probably the next best solution.

I think considering Uni's new penchant for going vertical, there's room for a Gyro ride in IoA...but we'll see.

I would rather this park be more similar to studios than Islands, and see Islands finally get the facelift it needs.
But hey I don’t call the shots and let’s be honest, whatever they build I’m going to add it to my AP

Honestly, I always found Jurassic Park at IOA to be completely underwhelming. JPRA is... okay, I guess, but everything else feels like a waste of potential. I'm in the boat where I rather they'd redo the existing Jurassic Park into a "Monster Island" to fit in King Kong with things like Godzilla and Univeral Monsters, and restart Jurassic World from scratch with a much grander, state-of-the-art area in Park 3.

As much as a fanboy pipe dream LoTR is- I see JW as being even further far fetched. I’d anticipate JP getting a reskin before that happens. And truthfully, the return on investment simply isn’t there. They have an entire themed land where they can sell JW merch and food already sitting there built.

"Why?"

"To build another one!"

Hey look, you agreed with me. :clap:

Who is a new Jurassic World going to appeal to that the current Jurassic Park doesn't already?

Certainly not new guests. So what, past guests? They could rip out JPRA and build a Gyro and fix that problem right there.

Tearing down JP and replacing with another IP + Building Jurassic World = Building two lands and tearing down one.
Simply building that different IP at Park 4 = Building one land and possibly changing some thematic elements or adding/changing a ride at JP IoA.

Again, the Return on Investment isn't there. I don't see it getting approved in the boardroom... ever. To think the board wouldn't say "well, can't we just build that at IoA" or "Can't we just build that where JPRA is?" is simply unrealistic.
It's the equivalent of saying they want New York in the new park for Fantastic Beasts, so they tear down the Mummy, Fallon, Finnegans, and all the facades to rebuild NY in Park 4 with a FB vibe- then having to rebuild whatever they are going to put into the former NY area in USF.
I'm with @JungleSkip - 0%.

Last edited:
Be careful saying that. Rumor has it that if you call an attraction a "classic" three times in front of a mirror, UC already green-lights its replacement. :look:
The Eighth Voyage of Sindbad is a classic attraction.

Just as an example...there's a lot of room here for a ride.

There's room for something, but I don't know that there's enough room for a substantial attraction on the order of something that might anchor a hypothetical JW land in the next theme park.

I've long been on record wanting Universal to do much more with the JURASSIC franchise. If they can accomplish that in the already-existing IOA space, great. If not, I have no problem seeing a JW land in the next park. I want more dinosaurs somewhere!

Status
Not open for further replies.