Inside Universal Forums

Welcome to the Inside Universal Forums! Register a free account today to become a member. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members and unlock our forums features!

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

Universal's New Park/Site B Blue Sky Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
My dream for Jurassic World in park 3 would be this. I don't have any idea how they could pull it off though, lol.
upload_2017-10-12_17-17-50.jpeg

Something like this would be easier to do though.
upload_2017-10-12_17-18-50.jpeg

My dream for Jurassic World in park 3 would be this. I don't have any idea how they could pull it off though, lol.
View attachment 5571

View attachment 5572

Buy Sea World. Cross breed orcas and sharks.

But seriously, If they could figure out how to do a mosasaur show, that would be pretty bad ass. Another benefit would be, if they have a lagoon nightly show, they could build the mosasaur arena on the lagoon and use the seating for the night show.

View attachment 5571

View attachment 5572

Dude, that would be VERY hard to pull it off, especially if u want a show involving an animal. An actual animal. We don't have a clone of technology of anything like that at all. It would certaintly fit for a live-action show involving employees acting you're in a Jurassic World lecture or something.

Dude, that would be VERY hard to pull it off, especially if u want a show involving an animal. An actual animal. We don't have a clone of technology of anything like that at all. It would certaintly fit for a live-action show involving employees acting you're in a Jurassic World lecture or something.

Haha, yeah I mean...I'm pretty sure they don't build animatronics that big. But man..just saying...if they could....it would be like the greatest thing in the history of planet earth. LOL

Haha, yeah I mean...I'm pretty sure they don't build animatronics that big. But man..just saying...if they could....it would be like the greatest thing in the history of planet earth. LOL

The logistics would be tough. It would probably need to be close to 50 ft tall to be realistic. That means to pull of the shark eating bit, they'd have to have a chamber at least 50+ ft below the surface for the AA to stay while under water. That AA would just have to rise quickly out of the water, open jaws, close jaws, and sink back in. They might need an additional set of AA fins and tail that could give the illusion of swimming around the pool. They could lower the grandstands like in the movie and have the tank walls be screens to give the underwater part of the show. I just don't know if there is enough there for a whole show, but it would be spectacular.

Maybe they go for the Kong rumour and have the skipper being pulled out the boat and eaten. Have it happen before the lift hill so the skipper can run back to the exit to welcome the boat back and have a happy ending.
Did you know that was in Gary Goddard's original pitch for the ride (sort of.) A team member was gonna pretend to unload the boat at the top of the hill and then be attacked by raptors.

Following from here: Interview: Gary Goddard (Part 2) | Inside Universal

Scene 12 – Evacuation Attempt: “The operator partially out of breath says…”OK folks…we are going to take this boat off the system and get you out in the storage room. Breaking the silence, the operators two way radio sounds…’Jurassic 6 are you set for immediate evac?'”

The idea [for the “drydock sequence”] was to have a live performer who was guiding the boat into drydock to get you out of there. As he gets the boat in the drydock and is about to unload, it appears the dinosaurs are attacking.

He essentially runs out of there, leaving you stranded in the boat as it slips back backwards. And we thought the cool thing was that now you’re going to HEAR the dinosaurs behind you before you could see them, in the darkness. We thought that would be very scary.

When the sequence got cut, that was when we redesigned the experience; and where we came up with the chain-link fences and gateways that were protecting you. And the raptors were charging those fences and pounding away at the gates.

But there was more realism to it because you know you had a barrier between you and them.

While a full-on show like that would be impossible, some sort of submarine ride like TDS's submarines, where the mosasour is attacking us while we're in an enclosed "underwater" vehicle would be very cool.

Stuff like that is part of why I think JW in a new park would be nice. There's so much potential you could do with the Jurassic IP without it getting stale. A tour through land, through water, underwater, into the sky, etc., not just limited to the River Adventure and whatever they could potentially cram into the Discovery Center plot.

Did you know that was in Gary Goddard's original pitch for the ride (sort of.) A team member was gonna pretend to unload the boat at the top of the hill and then be attacked by raptors.

Scene 12 – Evacuation Attempt: “The operator partially out of breath says…”OK folks…we are going to take this boat off the system and get you out in the storage room. Breaking the silence, the operators two way radio sounds…’Jurassic 6 are you set for immediate evac?'”

The idea [for the “drydock sequence”] was to have a live performer who was guiding the boat into drydock to get you out of there. As he gets the boat in the drydock and is about to unload, it appears the dinosaurs are attacking.

He essentially runs out of there, leaving you stranded in the boat as it slips back backwards. And we thought the cool thing was that now you’re going to HEAR the dinosaurs behind you before you could see them, in the darkness. We thought that would be very scary.

When the sequence got cut, that was when we redesigned the experience; and where we came up with the chain-link fences and gateways that were protecting you. And the raptors were charging those fences and pounding away at the gates.

But there was more realism to it because you know you had a barrier between you and them.
Alicia: Gotta give you five thumbs up for finding this gem. :thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup:

Alicia: Gotta give you five thumbs up for finding this gem. :thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup:
I've heard him talk about it more on a podcast too. (Think it was the Unofficial Universal Orlando Podcast.) Love him so much. Such great ideas.

I already know that years ago lol. For Hollywood that is, but I think it's such a hassle for an actor to do that each and everytime in the the boat comes up. No wonder it was scrapped.

Alright Uni, hire me already.

Universal's Epic Mountain
A central mountain icon that "separates" each area of the park.

The Oasis

The entrance to the park uses architecture of the style of the City of Toledo, Spain where shops and restaurants surround a small lake with several small cafe set up around the area to feel "busy". The restaurants/shops are in the 1st floor with the hotel taking up the 2-4 levels.
Theater
General themed theater to include whatever Uni wants to

DreamWorks Forest
New Fantasyland styled area of the park with each of the following properties taking place in small sections.
KungFu Panda
Small little plaza style area with a full service restaurant, shops and a Dojo experience (like Disney's jedi show)
How to Train Your Dragon
The one and only simulator in the park (FoP style)
Madagascar
Better version of the Singapore boat ride but with a drop ala PotC, and a carousel just like Singapore
Shrek
Shrek will feature a Swamp area meet and greet with a more elaborate family coaster. Singapore's Shrek area will also be brought in.

Sci-Fi City
A place where Universal can dump in their futuristic type attractions and IPs.
Battlestar Galactica
Indoor Coaster similar to Rock n Roller Coaster
Star Trek
Floor less dark ride

Europa
Mix of different European style architecture
Fantastic Beasts
Tower of Terror + floorless vehicle type attraction (not as tall as ToT)
James Bond
If T2 ends up being Bourne, Uni can add Bond here. SFX Coaster

Nintendo
Whatever properties dont make it the first Nintendo area, they will come here (Pokemon, etc.)

I think 5 jam-packed lands is sufficient for a new park. Obviously, there will be expansion area of the park to include any future IP's Universal wishes to add. Everything is an IP cause it's Universal, however I may share later on an all original park with only the IP's as attractions not lands.

M9wEZs2.gif

I want to merge several ideas I've read on here. If they were your ideas, please feel free to yell at me for your credit and I'll be happy to attribute.

I love the idea of a Mountain for an icon. It technicall hasn't been used for a park icon (besides Volcano Bay) but it can be redesigned to have a uniquie look than the Volcano.

I also love the idea of instead of lands, build several districts/pods/pavilions so you can have more.

I was thinking of something like the picture above but instead of a Cornucopia, the mountain. The theme and name of the park could be Universal Dimensions (I know it's lame). Inside could be a "dimension warp" experience where you walk in and the lines in the water would be your entrance to each dimension, which would be all the IP areas.

I think this would help cover the story-line of WHY all these IPs exists in the same park and prevents issues like USF has with "wait, whats the story-line now?"

The Oasis

The entrance to the park uses architecture of the style of the City of Toledo, Spain where shops and restaurants surround a small lake with several small cafe set up around the area to feel "busy". The restaurants/shops are in the 1st floor with the hotel taking up the 2-4 levels.
Theater
General themed theater to include whatever Uni wants to

DreamWorks Forest
New Fantasyland styled area of the park with each of the following properties taking place in small sections.
KungFu Panda
Small little plaza style area with a full service restaurant, shops and a Dojo experience (like Disney's jedi show)
How to Train Your Dragon
The one and only simulator in the park (FoP style)
Madagascar
Better version of the Singapore boat ride but with a drop ala PotC, and a carousel just like Singapore
Shrek
Shrek will feature a Swamp area meet and greet with a more elaborate family coaster. Singapore's Shrek area will also be brought in.

Sci-Fi City
A place where Universal can dump in their futuristic type attractions and IPs.
Battlestar Galactica
Indoor Coaster similar to Rock n Roller Coaster
Star Trek
Floor less dark ride

Europa
Mix of different European style architecture
Fantastic Beasts
Tower of Terror + floorless vehicle type attraction (not as tall as ToT)
James Bond
If T2 ends up being Bourne, Uni can add Bond here. SFX Coaster

Nintendo
Whatever properties dont make it the first Nintendo area, they will come here (Pokemon, etc.)

I think 5 jam-packed lands is sufficient for a new park. Obviously, there will be expansion area of the park to include any future IP's Universal wishes to add. Everything is an IP cause it's Universal, however I may share later on an all original park with only the IP's as attractions not lands.

Finally! I mean, I know this is "blue sky"- but all this JW talk and 7 IP specific lands were so far fetched... Thanks for offering a realistic one. Even still- 10 rides would be pretty big for a brand new park- but I can see it with your approach.

HTTYD is the only one I'd question. I don't think they can do a dragon riding sim without looking like copycats of FoP. It'd have to be better than that, and that's an expensive and big ask for UC. Although I guess it could be a smaller "family" attraction w/ Fallon/Minion height requirements to differentiate itself.

I also think they could find a way to shoehorn in some IPs into the weenie- whether it be a castle or mountain.

Volcano Bay certainly made the most use out of their Weenie. As did Shanghai. The days of a "useless" Weenie might be over.

Does that matter? FoP is just Soarin on a Motorbike and no one seems to care.

With that being said, I'd really hope HTTYD get a significantly better ride than FoP
I wasn't goo goo gah gah over FoP like a lot on here (and magic)- but I thought it was pretty badass. I'd label it the cliche "Soarin 2.0" although others might not. But that's my point- its clearly a major step up from Soarin- so HTTYD would need to be "Soarin 3.0" or it will be viewed as an inferior copy cat, in my opinion at least.
And I agree with you- I'd love to see HTTYD better than FoP- itd be fun as hell.
But lets not forget the expense of FoP. Yes, Disneys budgets are stupid- but they're building an entire park here- I don't see them building a FoP-type ride for a minor IP. The bulk of the budget and creative focus will likely go to the big boys, don't you think?

I wasn't goo goo gah gah over FoP like a lot on here (and magic)- but I thought it was pretty badass. I'd label it the cliche "Soarin 2.0" although others might not. But that's my point- its clearly a major step up from Soarin- so HTTYD would need to be "Soarin 3.0" or it will be viewed as an inferior copy cat, in my opinion at least.
And I agree with you- I'd love to see HTTYD better than FoP- itd be fun as hell.
But lets not forget the expense of FoP. Yes, Disneys budgets are stupid- but they're building an entire park here- I don't see them building a FoP-type ride for a minor IP. The bulk of the budget and creative focus will likely go to the big boys, don't you think?

I dunno. DreamWorks will need an E-ticket, and I see Dragon as a more likely E-ticket than Shrek, personally. Shrek is completely played out, and Dragon offers the better ride opportunity.

I don't see why we're discounting the possibility of Jurassic in 2 parks so quickly or easily.

It's Universal's single most important live action IP; even further, it's the most important Universal movie IP for the US market. The only other one that even comes close is Fast and the Furious (which obviously can't justify a multi-park IP). It's not just about merchandise or sales; it's the fact that it's the only property that Universal can produce knowing it'll generate $300m+ domestically in a heartbeat (JW did $650m US+Canada); we're likely to see at least several more JW movies through the next park opening. If there's any IP that Universal would want to push in 2 Orlando parks, it'd be that one.

I'm not saying they'd keep Jurassic Park in IoA permanently if JW did appear in the next park, but I'm also not sure why it'd be such a terrible idea; confusion doesn't seem to be that big an issue to me when you're comparing JPRA to a JW Gyrosphere experience.

The best argument against it is just that there wouldn't really be enough differentiation of the experiences because of the motif of seeing dinosaurs, but I feel like a JW Gyrosphere ride would be different enough to justify it.

Status
Not open for further replies.