Inside Universal Forums

Welcome to the Inside Universal Forums! Register a free account today to become a member. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members and unlock our forums features!

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

Disney Skyliner - Gondola Transportation System

Maybe guest confusion? "What do you mean there isn't a skyliner?! There was a poster for it in that art gallery!"

Maybe guest confusion? "What do you mean there isn't a skyliner?! There was a poster for it in that art gallery!"
Maybe.

Or maybe someone high up didn’t want guests conflating a small 4 person open air amusement park sky ride with a large closed cabin ski lift gondola.

All I know is they didn’t even have time to spackle over the holes. Just ripped that thing off the wall.

1EAA2DF1-8306-4B24-AA84-66DF2445F93F.jpeg

It was a bit odd that they put it up yesterday. I know the gallery was about the Art of Disney Attraction Posters, but this one wasn't even released yet.

So aside from what Alicia mentioned, it's possible that that isn't even the finalized version of the art, which is why someone had it taken down.

It was a bit odd that they put it up yesterday. I know the gallery was about the Art of Disney Attraction Posters, but this one wasn't even released yet.

So aside from what Alicia mentioned, it's possible that that isn't even the finalized version of the art, which is why someone had it taken down.
I wouldn’t be surprised to see Disney characters added in the gondola windows.

Also, not all of them are attractions. There is one for the Red Car. That’s not really a ride so much as transportation.

2DE58ADE-0908-490E-A9EE-C978629DED11.jpeg

Also, not all of them are attractions. There is one for the Red Car. That’s not really a ride so much as transportation.
Ahh, but not all attractions are rides. I consider things around the World Showcase like the 360 films and American Adventure to be attractions.

Here’s concept art for the Pop/AoA Station:

This photo shows how low to the ground the gondolas will fly. They will not need to be high off the ground at all unless there is something that they need to go over that calls for going higher into the air.
8D9E2851-2B6D-4C50-AE53-F823C1F706C8.jpeg

Last edited:
They’re really wasting no time with this project.
Gondolas don't take long to build. Tbh, this is going to end up being fairly long in terms of the norm for a Gondola project, but the project is fairly large in scope and a lot of ground work needed to be done, unlike at your average Ski Resort, due to Florida's climate.

Gondolas don't take long to build. Tbh, this is going to end up being fairly long in terms of the norm for a Gondola project, but the project is fairly large in scope and a lot of ground work needed to be done, unlike at your average Ski Resort, due to Florida's climate.

So basically long for a gondola but quick for Disney.