Inside Universal Forums

Welcome to the Inside Universal Forums! Register a free account today to become a member. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members and unlock our forums features!

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

Nintendo Coming to Universal Parks

Maybe I'm stubborn, but I'm more inclined to believe it will still be in KidsZone, even if a year later than planned. I can't see them changing the plans for one out of three destinations when these plans are so detailed, layered, and intricately woven to create multiple rides and zones, with backstage tucked so neatly under stairways, breakrooms shared between attractions and restaurants, all to create an immersive high-tech land that could be built in 3 parks without much adjustment. The amount of planning and work already done, just to start over, seems strange to me, but maybe that's business and I'm just not used to it.

A few years is not oblivion, dude. Get over yourself.
Without any concrete info it may as well be. I remember when this was first announced and all expectations were around this year or next year. Then it just kept getting pushed, and pushed, and pushed. We all laughed at Disney for being slow but now when the shoe’s on the other foot excuses all around. Moved to a new park some here agree to be expected around 2023: 8 years after the initial announcement. Two years longer than Avatar and everyone had no problem laughing and hating on that one.

If Universal was Disney, those toilets would be worthy of a major announcement. :)
If Universal was Disney Nintendo would be opening next year with Star Wars Land as both were announced in 2015 :cheers::whistle:

The toilets can stay..on the other hand, perhaps it's best to save for the KZ thread; but perhaps we should bring back up that little rumor by @SeventyOne about a Hello Kitty mini-land? Perhaps they are going to take a card out of Osaka, and renovate Kidzone to something similar to Universal Wonderland with Osaka, but with Hello Kitty and IP's to fill in for Sesame Street and Peanuts? Food for thought.
What an amazing trade off!!! :lmao:

Without any concrete info it may as well be. I remember when this was first announced and all expectations were around this year or next year. Then it just kept getting pushed, and pushed, and pushed. We all laughed at Disney for being slow but now when the shoe’s on the other foot excuses all around. Moved to a new park some here agree to be expected around 2023: 8 years after the initial announcement. Two years longer than Avatar and everyone had no problem laughing and hating on that one.

I’ll point out it’s opening in 2020 in USJ.

That would work if indeed, Nintendo doesn't end up here....Come to think of it, the timing of Seventy One's post makes this all seem more interesting. It didn't really makes sense at the time, but now the rumor actually fits. So that may have been good info, it just needed to be taken in context of a "possible" change in Nintendo plans.

To be honest, that's the only thing that is making sense to me for KZ's future, if they decide to move Nintendo to Gate 3, as it also addresses that area of the park to be more sustainable and modern, while also keeping it open for guests during the period of time on a short-term level.

Adding Hello Kitty, renovating Animal Actors, and retheming Curious George, Fivel, and Woody Woodpecker to something more attractive would help bring families to the park more, as it'd allow it to act as a buffer for the park in a good way.

What an amazing trade off!!! :lmao:

I would rather want Nintendo as soon as possible, but that I don't want it to cannibalize the other elements of Universal Orlando Resort, in it's current condition. I won't lie in that I would rather want to see them add something more meaningful for that land, but we are not going to be the market that they seek for a Kidzone renovation. And to be honest, I am OK with it. Not everything has to cater to the fans, nor should it.

That would work if indeed, Nintendo doesn't end up here....Come to think of it, the timing of Seventy One's post makes this all seem more interesting. It didn't really makes sense at the time, but now the rumor actually fits. So that may have been good info, it just needed to be taken in context of a "possible" change in Nintendo plans.

FWIW, my info was pretty clear that HK land was part and parcel of the Nintendo make-over. That said, that must mean the Sanrio rights are fairly secure, so probably near the top of the list if plans did indeed change.

I would rather want Nintendo as soon as possible, but that I don't want it to cannibalize the other elements of Universal Orlando Resort, in it's current condition. I won't lie in that I would rather want to see them add something more meaningful for that land, but we are not going to be the market that they seek for a Kidzone renovation. And to be honest, I am OK with it. Not everything has to cater to the fans, nor should it.
Funny, because Mario & pals would’ve easily catered to everyone as a KidZone replacement. If it ends up being Hello Kitty it’s pretty much a repellent to anyone that’s a boy or a family without a young daughter.

Funny, because Mario & pals would’ve easily catered to everyone as a KidZone replacement. If it ends up being Hello Kitty it’s pretty much a repellent to anyone that’s a boy or a family without a young daughter.

Am I sorry, is Transformers, Harry Potter, Fast and Furious, Bourne/Bond (whichever one happens), and multple other "Boy or family without a young daughter" IP's not enough for you? SMH

Because Avatar is a joke of a franchise.

Am I sorry, is Transformers, Harry Potter, Fast and Furious, Bourne/Bond (whichever one happens), and multple other "Boy or family without a young daughter" IP's not enough for you? SMH
That one’s for everyone.

I also couldn’t care less about F&F or Bourne/Bond.

I agree with your stance though. There needs to be more for everyone. Which is why Nintendo is the better fit. It’s for everyone.
Because Avatar is a joke of a franchise.
And Universal’s apparent lack of drive to get this done especially since it could be so much bigger than Avatar is close to being comical as well :D

That one’s for everyone.

I also couldn’t care less about F&F or Bourne/Bond.

I agree with your stance though. There needs to be more for everyone. Which is why Nintendo is the better fit. It’s for everyone.

And Universal’s apparent lack of drive to get this done especially since it could be so much bigger than Avatar is close to being comical as well :D

I would not call Potter's stories for families. I would classify it more as an IP that has a huge following to fans due to that it had it's film series come out with the growing audience that kept supporting it.

Could it eventually? Yes, but I don't call it that now.

When and where was that?

I don't think they've confirmed anything, but they mentioned of SNW apart of the projects of the T2 replacement, the DC replacement, and the new City-Walk tenant.

EDIT: I think I am going to compile a list of all the IP's used in the parks, and put them in categories..

Last edited:
I’m assuming no one here lives in Japan.
We have quite a few members that live in Japan/Asia.

Lucky them then. They get it in 5 years and we wait an extra 3 if that’s when the park opens. Wonderful.
What is pouting about this going to do? As I said a few days ago, it's a very elitest stance and it's just not a good look. I'm with you on the Avatar stuff, but we're gonna get this when we get it.

If it ends up at Park 3 and is an improved version over the proposed version for KidZone (meaning additional rides), will you still be complaining?

My money is on KidZone still standing until MoM and VillianCon open. Eventually being replaced by Splatoon and Hello Kitty.

hellokitty-master.jpg

Adding Hello Kitty, renovating Animal Actors, and retheming Curious George, Fivel, and Woody Woodpecker to something more attractive would help bring families to the park more, as it'd allow it to act as a buffer for the park in a good way.

Tearing out Curious George and the old parade building would allow for a connecting path to the Sprung tents/Expansion area/MiB. The “dead end” aspect should be fixed if there’re not making this a self-contained land. I’m all for building two new “soundstages” back next to the new parade building as well, to replace the Sprung tents for HHN (could also be used as extra event space).

Why is everyone kicking @Mike S in the nuts here? He's right.

Does anyone truly expect something significantly different than USJ's SNW + Donkey Kong if it were to move to park 3? The USF/KZ version had an incredible setup. If anyone is expecting us to get more than that if it comes to a third park, I think you'll be disappointed.

So with that caveat and expectation set- we are left with 2 scenarios. Lets pretend the Kidzone IP replacement is Illuminations.
1) The existing plans for SNW are put into KidZone, and Illuminations to park 3.
2) Illuminations for KidZone, and SNW moved to park 3.

We're ending up with the same damned thing. So why kick Mike in the nuts about saying that we should have it sooner instead of waiting years longer?

The entire counter-argument to him is that we are going to get some incredible SNW that is above and beyond what we thought. Highly, highly doubt Universal creates completely different experiences, rides and technology- when they have already spent an incredible amount of time and money with R&D for what is going into USJ. In fact, it would be idiotic to, and fiscally irresponsible.
Regardless, We were already getting better than the other parks w/ MK, Yoshi + DK- which USJ and USH won't have. Do we expect to get 4-5 rides now? It's asinine to think we will. When has that ever happened? Ever?