Nintendo Coming to Universal Parks | Page 435 | Inside Universal Forums

Nintendo Coming to Universal Parks

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
I’ve had evidence of KidZone as recent as Nov 29th. That’s after the Theme Park University article stating it wasn’t going into KidsZone, which this Attractions article cites as a source. So, I have no reason to believe this is true. Just speculation, which is good for discussion.

Who knows, something could’ve changed in two months, but I wouldn’t put money on it.

Last edited:
Reactions: Mike S
Shigeru Miyamoto Talks Animated Super Mario Movie, With "Something Interesting" Coming
The movie currently doesn’t have a release date, but 2020 could be likely, as that’s when Universal reportedly will plan the debut of new Nintendo-themed rides for its theme parks, as well as its Super Nintendo World play park at Universal Studios Japan.
Without reading to much into it, it seems that it’s all but confirmed that Japan’s SNW will open 2020. The interesting part was that’s including the other parks which doesn’t jive with what he have been hearing and timelines. Interesting to say the least but I take it as speculation and with a grain of salt.

So, word I got is it's going somewhere else and not in Kid Zone, Blue Sky. Japan will be first to open, Hollywood and then here. Like I said, this is just what I heard and I don't want to start getting flamed.

I just read the Universal Resort Expansion thread and it seems like people are already going with it, that it's going into park three.

Last edited:
So, word I got is it's going somewhere else and not in Kid Zone, Blue Sky. Japan will be first to open, Hollywood and then here. Like I said, this is just what I heard and I don't want to start getting flamed.

I just read the Universal Resort Expansion thread and it seems like people are already going with it, that it's going into park three.
Thanks for checking with your source. :thumbsup:....

Reactions: Joel and snayberry
Then why is this same thing already being built in Japan? I guess by your logic that version will be terrible because they’re not putting it off until god knows when and are actually building it.

Was being built, they stalled after 6 weeks or so. No work is *currently* occurring in Japan. That could change at literally any moment of course.

Reactions: JoeCamel and Mike S

giphy.gif

Reactions: Andysol and youhow2
I usually agree with you, but do you realize how elitest you sound right now? We're still the only resort to have a Diagon and our Hogsmeade will have one extra ride than the others come next year.

Orlando has so much great stuff coming to it over the next few years. Let them get it right. We still don't know for sure they are even moving it to park 3, but even if they are, who says that something else isn't in the plans for Kidzone? You need to look at the big picture... we don't always have to be first to get something.

It's not something worth getting pissed about. It's just a theme park.

I usually agree with you, but do you realize how elitest you sound right now? We're still the only resort to have a Diagon and our Hogsmeade will have one extra ride than the others come next year.

Orlando has so much great stuff coming to it over the next few years. Let them get it right. We still don't know for sure they are even moving it to park 3, but even if they are, who says that something else isn't in the plans for Kidzone? You need to look at the big picture... we don't always have to be first to get something.

It's not something worth getting pissed about. It's just a theme park.
I live in Florida and I’m a bigger fan of Nintendo than anything else coming. I really don’t care what others think. I also couldn’t care less about getting it first. I care about getting it sooner rather than later especially if it’s the same plan that could just be fitted into KidZone.

If it’s heavily expanded and is a huge area that also encompasses a Zelda area and E Ticket, Pokémon, and maybe even Metroid I could possibly reconsider my stance. Otherwise I don’t see the point of the wait to put it in the third park.

Reactions: IAmFloridaBorn
I live in Florida and I’m a bigger fan of Nintendo than anything else coming. I really don’t care what others think. I also couldn’t care less about getting it first. I care about getting it sooner rather than later especially if it’s the same plan that could just be fitted into KidZone.

If it’s heavily expanded and is a huge area that also encompasses a Zelda area and E Ticket, Pokémon, and maybe even Metroid I could possibly reconsider my stance.
But you don't know that it's the same plan. If things are shifting so much with this project as a whole, it could easily be tinkered with or added onto if it was moved to Park 3. Yes, we saw the plans for the land, but those were for Kidzone. If it does move, new plans will need to be filed for a completely new area.

Given all the talk about the star wars hotel, is there any chance that Nintendo would allow something similar? Not necessarily the same level of interactivity, but just a highly themed environment. Something such as a hotel themed as Bowser's castle seems like it would sell plenty of vacation packages.

Reactions: Ashhanbre
From the new Attractions piece:

"There has been no activity since the permits were filed. This is unusual and likely indicative that the plan for Super Nintendo World at Universal Orlando Resort has changed."

Not good enough reasoning for me to believe it. But hey, I'm all for a good speculative article. Heck knows I've written a few in my day.

My issue at this point is "No activity after walls and preparation started for activity, then all the walls and preparation disappeared". There's also a marked uptick in hearing "Yea, something is up" from the people I talk to.

I hope it is still on for KidZone, as I'm selfish and want it sooner rather than later. But if it goes to Park 3 it'll no doubt be more impressive, so that's fine too.

It's just at the point where there are no legitimate excuses as to why they're waiting any longer.

My issue at this point is "No activity after walls and preparation started for activity, then all the walls and preparation disappeared". There's also a marked uptick in hearing "Yea, something is up" from the people I talk to.

I hope it is still on for KidZone, as I'm selfish and want it sooner rather than later. But if it goes to Park 3 it'll no doubt be more impressive, so that's fine too.

It's just at the point where there are no legitimate excuses as to why they're waiting any longer.
totally agree
if they re moving it form kid zone seems like the reason is the want something bigger than originally pitched
i realize that means it may take longer but in the long run could be good news

totally agree
if they re moving it form kid zone seems like the reason is the want something bigger than originally pitched
i realize that means it may take longer but in the long run could be good news

I'm at the point where after this year I don't know the next time I'll even make it to the parks, so if they take longer it probably won't affect me much