Nintendo Coming to Universal Parks | Page 434 | Inside Universal Forums

Nintendo Coming to Universal Parks

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Everybody is just doing their best. There's communication issues in the company, let alone to these various sources and their friends. I agree things can get a little too bullyish at times. And that's never good. But I'll never blame someone for being wrong when nobody every knows the whole story to begin with.
I agree. My issues is mainly how newer people with sources are immediately disregarded, when I think we should at least give newer folks benefit of the doubt. Even if the leaks are fake, it's healthy for conversation.

And now we have this:

The Rumor Queue: Have plans changed for Super Nintendo World?

They're citing Theme Park University as the original source of this... I'm still of the mind that just because work has been delayed does not mean the project has moved to another park.

EDIT: Here's Theme Park University's original theory, posted in November: Super Mario and Donkey Kong NOT Headed to Universal Studios Florida - Supposedly - Theme Park University

If this allows for a bigger land, with more attractions, I'm all for it. If not...... other people (myself included) won't be happy.

I agree. My issues is mainly how newer people with sources are immediately disregarded, when I think we should at least give newer folks benefit of the doubt. Even if the leaks are fake, it's healthy for conversation.

Only isn't new, he's an old hat who goes on forums, collects rumors, then attaches it as "insiders tell me".

He's been doing this for awhile now.

Reactions: jtsalien
Rome wasn't built in a day. I would rather the best decision by made than a rushed creation or product.
Which is basically Nintendo’s philosophy in a nutshell and I wholeheartedly agree. I don’t mind waiting another year(s) for the new Park if it means a more developed landscape if you will. At least at the south property there would be hopefully more room to expand in the future.

Then why is this same thing already being built in Japan? I guess by your logic that version will be terrible because they’re not putting it off until god knows when and are actually building it.

Difference with Japan is Universal already uses all the most popular Japanese IPs in their parks (monster hunter, Sailor Moon, Conan, Dragon Quest, Final Fantasy etc) including those more popular on surveys of the Japanese public than Mario. Florida on the other hand, Nintendo will be their most popular IP they have. It surpasses F&F, Jurassic Park, even Potter in some regards. Also Japan food and merchandises >>>>>>>>>>>>>> than the actual experience.

Reactions: Grits0808
I think was valid a few weeks ago perhaps but this is the first time since joining here that I've seen a project so muddled.

The only one that I think gave this a run for it's money was Kong(Kong was going in disaster at one point apparently). I think the confusion goes hand and hand with this being one of the few projects that got announced early. With this way, people are actively asking their sources about a specific project, so they get the info that was accurate then. So as things change, it seems more erratic than a project that doesn't get announced till after construction has already started.

Reactions: Scott W.
Japan is being built already because, A.) they are trying to finish by the 2020 Olympics, and B.) they REALLY don't have much extra space around there to go further.

Anyway, if this idea of them making another gate for Nintendo is true, I think it makes sense, in the same way that MGM Studios worked for Disney as another park destination, instead of the original plan to just add an existing ride to EPCOT.

They have the property now, so they can add more days to passes, give people one less day to go to Disney, expand much farther than the somewhat cramped space they were planning to go into with 3 lands, and we knew that Zelda and (longshot of Pokemon) being part of a park were options.

Japan is being built already because, A.) they are trying to finish by the 2020 Olympics, and B.) they REALLY don't have much extra space around there to go further.

Anyway, if this idea of them making another gate for Nintendo is true, I think it makes sense, in the same way that MGM Studios worked for Disney as another park destination, instead of the original plan to just add an existing ride to EPCOT.

They have the property now, so they can add more days to passes, give people one less day to go to Disney, expand much farther than the somewhat cramped space they were planning to go into with 3 lands, and we knew that Zelda and (longshot of Pokemon) being part of a park were options.

I would imagine the new park wouldn't have Nintendo as it's centerpiece and anchor. Keep in mind, there is still the possibility of Jurassic World, Lord of The Rings, DreamWorks Animation, and other aspects.

That said, in regards to Nintendo, I think it's a great move, if it happens, mainly for future-proofing. I would assume what Gate III/IV would get first is the Mushroom Kingdom, but that they can futureproof that area to have expansion pads at the ready for other Nintendo IP's.

Then why is this same thing already being built in Japan? I guess by your logic that version will be terrible because they’re not putting it off until god knows when and are actually building it.

You’re comparing a project that is expected to be great to something that could potentially expand on it.

I know very little about USJ but it’s always going to be in Universal’s interest to build a highly popular land with the possibility of expansion which the 3rd Park will offer.

I hate to turn this into a Blue-Sky thread, but what other experiences could they add to the land? Other than MK, Yoshi, DK, and maybe a Luigi's Mansion ride, Mario doesn't translate into ride form very well.