Pandora: World of Avatar General Discussion | Page 61 | Inside Universal Forums

Pandora: World of Avatar General Discussion

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Visited Avatar for first time on Thursday. FOP was awesome!!!....one of my favorite rides anywhere. The boat ride just plain sucked. Do yourself a favor & do not wait in line for this lame effort. I will say one thing though....the 4 person boats are really cool!

Visited Avatar for first time on Thursday. FOP was awesome!!!....one of my favorite rides anywhere. The boat ride just plain sucked. Do yourself a favor & do not wait in line for this lame effort. I will say one thing though....the 4 person boats are really cool!

It’s worth waiting 20 minutes or less for the boat ride. The animatronic at the end is amazing.

Yes you may luck out the day of if you constantly refresh your MDE (my Disney experience) app. Book one just to take it off the list and keep checking and you just might get lucky.

Reactions: devinp267
I'll be there at 7:45am sharp n ready. I just know I'm going to want to do fop twice but I'm definitely getting one, and I have to do that safari bcuz i love that ,and everest. Not real familiar with animal kingdom but damn im exited! mostly for pandora.

I'll be there at 7:45am sharp n ready. I just know I'm going to want to do fop twice but I'm definitely getting one, and I have to do that safari bcuz i love that ,and everest. Not real familiar with animal kingdom but damn im exited! mostly for pandora.

If I were you, after Pandora I’d do...

Safari > Everest > Dinosaur! > everything else.

If you have to do Kali River Rapids, hit that before Everest.

If I were you, after Pandora I’d do...

Safari > Everest > Dinosaur! > everything else.

If you have to do Kali River Rapids, hit that before Everest.
Thanks!! I actually was able to get fast passes for Kali everest and safari. Willing to pawn off Kali for fop if I can. any reason you have this order of rides(assuming popularity)??

Reactions: happy bunny rabbit

Looking forward to your trip report, because I'm looking to do the same thing end of May.

I've been scanning FP+s, and same-day are non-existent for Safari, ROL, and both Pandora rides. Seems like you have to get there early, FOP, Safari, and FP+ RJ. Dinosaur and EE do have same-day FP+ availability, but you lose all that with a ROL FP+ (which I do want to see).

Good luck, and let us know what worked and what didn't! :cheers:

Reactions: tankart150
We got to the park at 8am on a "Early Magic Hour" park day. At 8am, the line for Flight of Passage was already over 100 minutes.

People were literally running to Pandora in the morning.

Not sure when the park opens when you are going, but the earlier the better. Once your off the ride, the rest of the attractions should have short waits up until around noon.

getting more and more exited only 1week to go!!! Mad I can't get a fast pass for fop or nrj for s***. trying everyday:(

don't underestimate how many people show up early, go earlier than that if possible, or you will be waiting in a sizable line.

Also don't forget to appreciate the AMAZING theming in Pandora, Harambe (yeah I know it's really called that), and Asia. Oh and the tree of life too! Honestly the more I think about it I think Animal Kingdom might be my favorite Disney park.

We went to AK back in September and were able to ride FOP 6 times and NRJ 3 times in one day, with 2 people in our party. Here is how we did it:

We got to the park 1 hour before official opening. Keep in mind that we went on one of the least busy days of the year, so you may want to get there even earlier. We rope dropped FOP and then were able to do NRJ with a 20 minute wait right after that.

We then did all the other rides in the park while everyone was getting to Pandora "early" (KS, Everest and Dinosaur). We then went back to Pandora to ride NRJ with the fastpass I got at 11am.

The rest of the day is fastpass. It is crucial that you book your first 3 fastpasses as early as you can. So if the park opens at 9am, your ideal fastpass times would be 9am-10am, 10am-11am, 11am-12am. As soon as we used our third fastpass we were constantly refreshing the app for FOP. By doing this we were able to get 4 more fastpasses for FOP and 1 more for NRJ. We spent the time waiting for fastpasses by exploring the land, eating at satu'li canteen (which I HIGHLY recommend) and pongu pongu. We were also able to fit in Festival of the Lion King, Nemo and Bugs life when the wait for the next fastpass was longer.

Finally we ended the night by watching Rivers of Light and as soon as the show ended we rushed back to Pandora to get in line for FOP right before the park closed for our 6th and final ride.

Although refreshing the app all day is a bit annoying, it was so worth it. FOP is one of the best rides on the planet and you need to ride it at least twice since the first time you ride you are guaranteed to have sensory overload. The only other downside was having to sit through the preshow 6 times, but saying "and, uhhhhh, fly" all day with my girlfriend made it worth it.