Inside Universal Forums

Welcome to the Inside Universal Forums! Register a free account today to become a member. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members and unlock our forums features!

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

Epcot (General Discussion)

I disagree completely. Cartoons age way less than regular films do. It's possible that in a few years, the consumer demand will weaken, but in another 10-20 years, when the kids of today have grown, the nostalgia factor will be strong.

You also forget that a sequel is on the way...

Also, I thought Frozen was a great film. They just milked it to death. Once they stop milking it, the film still holds up. Good Music, characters, and story.
I guess time will tell. I have no doubts it's popularity will surge after the sequel.
I honestly didn't like Frozen, and I haven't been the biggest fan of recent Disney animated movies (I still haven't seen Coco, and I have my fingers crossed for Incredibles Two). I feel like Frozen just could've been better, but opinions are opinions, and numbers are fact, so it's clearly a hit.

I guess time will tell. I have no doubts it's popularity will surge after the sequel.
I honestly didn't like Frozen, and I haven't been the biggest fan of recent Disney animated movies (I still haven't seen Coco, and I have my fingers crossed for Incredibles Two). I feel like Frozen just could've been better, but opinions are opinions, and numbers are fact, so it's clearly a hit.

If we are including Pixar, I thought Inside Out was one of their best movies.

Personally I think it's Toy Story that's grossly over rated, but once again, I was older when those movies came out, so I don't have the same young nostalgia for them. I also have a daughter, who went to the movies the first time to see Frozen. So it works both ways...

I disagree completely. Cartoons age way less than regular films do. It's possible that in a few years, the consumer demand will weaken, but in another 10-20 years, when the kids of today have grown, the nostalgia factor will be strong.

^^This. People often forget that animated films are what the parents of tomorrow will show their children, and so forth. Why else did Beauty and the Beast live-action make a billion dollars worldwide? These properties have insane lasting power.

Even on Broadway, Frozen hasn't even opened yet and it's already selling like crazy, some of the highest numbers recorded ever. We're talking a Wicked/Phantom-sized hit. The brand still has power, just the milking as everyone has said weakened its value to some.

I think that was the problem with a lot of people, even fans of the film. I also think the Frozen Ever After the announcement came in the midst of Disney announcing everything Frozen at the parks (Frozen Summer Fun, Frozen Sing-Along, Frozen at Blizzard Beach, etc..) - and not to mention the whole "it's an overlay?" issue.
The problem you are speaking to is purely a parks fan issue though which is a small % of Frozen fans. It got on our nerves constantly seeing Frozen this and Frozen that, but to most, they were happy that their kids could see a Frozen fireworks show or go meet Olaf or Anna & Elsa. Or do whatever stupid thing DHS was doing for a few years.

The problem you are speaking to is purely a parks fan issue though which is a small % of Frozen fans. It got on our nerves constantly seeing Frozen this and Frozen that, but to most, they were happy that their kids could see a Frozen fireworks show or go meet Olaf or Anna & Elsa. Or do whatever stupid thing DHS was doing for a few years.
That's the thing about Disney. They need to please 2 different demographics at the same time. But in recent years they have been pandering more to "Disney Fans" and essentially ignoring the fans of well thought out themed entertainment. Pandora is really the only thing in recent years not built for toddler princesses.

That's the thing about Disney. They need to please 2 different demographics at the same time. But in recent years they have been pandering more to "Disney Fans" and essentially ignoring the fans of well thought out themed entertainment. Pandora is really the only thing in recent years not built for toddler princesses.
I don't disagree. Especially during those years they were using Frozen as a crutch at studios (2014-15). The parks had no vision and future looked bleak.

The outlook is certainly much better now, but I worry that they'll fall back into they're old ways after about 2022-23. Universal is going to be opening a new park, so one would hope not, but it also took them 7 years to give any significant response to Potter's existance.

I don't disagree. Especially during those years they were using Frozen as a crutch at studios (2014-15). The parks had no vision and future looked bleak.

The outlook is certainly much better now, but I worry that they'll fall back into they're old ways after about 2022-23. Universal is going to be opening a new park, so one would hope not, but it also took them 7 years to give any significant response to Potter's existance.
Yes. One of my theories, and it's just personal with no actual facts, is that Iger just wants to ensure his legacy and a lot of this stuff will have to be paid for by those who succeed him.

Yes. One of my theories, and it's just personal with no actual facts, is that Iger just wants to ensure his legacy and a lot of this stuff will have to be paid for by those who succeed him.
You're going under the impression that Iger actually leaves, though.

He's been threatening to leave for years now and imo, most of it is grandstanding because he knows the company has no one to succeed him. They need him and he likes the money they pay him.

The only Marvel IP I could see come close, is Doctor Strange remarkably, but even then, I don't want it shoehorned into Tower.

Would they even be able to use Doctor Strange as that's Marvel? I agree I don't want something shoehorned in I would rather have something like TZ (Twilight Zone) where it's seamless and actually adds to the story.

Doctor Strange was used actually back in late 2016, and seemed to border very close to the "not allowed" game, because of referencing I think Spider-Man in one of the M&G props (that was changed almost immediately).
This was posted in the Tower of Terror thread: Tower of Terror | Page 4 | Inside Universal Forums

COCO WAS GREAT

If we are including Pixar, I thought Inside Out was one of their best movies.

Personally I think it's Toy Story that's grossly over rated, but once again, I was older when those movies came out, so I don't have the same young nostalgia for them. I also have a daughter, who went to the movies the first time to see Frozen. So it works both ways...
um, no. Inside out was meh and Toy Story is great. Your OPINIONS are OPINIONS, and mine are FACTS. (@WebHead1138 ;))

"We'll give you Black Panther if you start selling UOR passes on the WDW website."

PS: They already sell USH passes on the DLR website, so it's not impossible.

I’m sure they had tickets for sale on the screens at DLR last year as a multi pass.

As both resorts grow bigger and greater, I could see this being a possibility.