Jurassic World VelociCoaster Construction Thread (Opening June 10) | Page 303 | Inside Universal Forums

Jurassic World VelociCoaster Construction Thread (Opening June 10)

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I’m confused as to what exactly this message is saying, yet I’m so interested. Please explain.
Up towards the very front, on the left hand side, there was a while piece (of wood I think) attached to the side of the boat. It basically was there to prevent the water from sloshing into the front of the boat when the shark came up out of the water in the fire sequence. It wasn't there at first, and when the shark came up it literally poured a fountain of water into the front of the boat, as well as soaking everyone towards the front. They added that as a quick fix (although it remained) because it was literally swamping the boat with water. If you look at pictures of the boat at the front, towards the left, you can see it attached to the frame.

Soooo people, what major renovations/updates/conversions do you think they're doing with JPRA when it closes in a few months for almost a year of downtime? ....I'm really more excited for that then a C or D ticket add on for the trike plus area. Whatevever they do I hope they keep the gate opening and the great opening music.

So the JPRA refurb is a fact?
:thumbsup:...2019 is shaping up for a great year for IOA. Just imagine the new highly themed 8 acre coaster in Hogsmeade and a sparkly like new JPRA attraction. Heck, that's a pretty good combo to go against GESWL. And there's the T2 replacement over in Studios too. I'm excited for 2019.

Last edited:
Soooo people, what major renovations/updates/conversions do you think they're doing with JPRA when it closes in a few months for almost a year of downtime? ....I'm really more excited for that then a C or D ticket add on for the trike plus area. Whatevever they do I hope they keep the gate opening and the great opening music.

Wait, is this a thing that's happening?

In my dreams:

-Update all AAs to make them more realistic. Hard to have really good ones when the outdoors/water is involved, but they can definitely do better.
-Add more dinos to the first scene. Gimme the second ultrasaur, and a triceratops, at the very least.
-If they want to incorporate Jurassic World, change what knocks us off course to an I-Rex popping out of the trees
-Add more raptors to the lift hill

Wait, is this a thing that's happening?

In my dreams:

-Update all AAs to make them more realistic. Hard to have really good ones when the outdoors/water is involved, but they can definitely do better.
-Add more dinos to the first scene. Gimme the second ultrasaur, and a triceratops, at the very least.
-If they want to incorporate Jurassic World, change what knocks us off course to an I-Rex popping out of the trees
-Add more raptors to the lift hill
:thumbsup:...Though, I wish I knew the change 'details'. I anticipate the excitement is seeing how it turns out....I guess my ride when I visit in May will be my last ride on the old JPRA, When I go back in Dec. it will already have been down for a few months....It's kind of cool that Universal is doing it simultaneously with the one in Hollywood.

Last edited:
Not an official Universal announcement "yet", but it "strongly" looks like it's on for a close in late summer and reopening next summer. That's about all I can say. I have no details on what changes/upgrades will be made though.
Seems kinda foolish to close the Jurassic Park ride right after the new Jurassic World movie comes out, no? I guess if they waited till back to school time, sure. But they pushed the ride big time with TV spots the two months following JW in theaters last time.

Seems kinda foolish to close the Jurassic Park ride right after the new Jurassic World movie comes out, no? I guess if they waited till back to school time, sure. But they pushed the ride big time with TV spots the two months following JW in theaters last time.
End of August is back to school time,and that's when it closes....Yeah, but I guess they figure that still works marketing wise to a degree.And, since they're doing it simultaneously on both coasts it makes for an easy national campaign. But again, it appears the Orlando segment was a last minute decision, so maybe they just wanted a more solid line up that was ready to go against the GESWL juggernaut. Potter Coaster, JPRA update/ change/refurb, and T2 replacement is a pretty formidable line up that will be able to utilize two monster level IP's (Potter, Jurassic Park) to go against Disney....The more I think of it the more sense it makes. This is being done more for the future than this year.

USH is also highly rumored to be getting a Jurassic World revamp to their River Adventure, as indications have been placing a September closure for that attraction in the west.

:thumbsup:...Though, I wish I knew the change 'details'. I anticipate the excitement is seeing how it turns out....I guess my ride when I visit in May will be my last ride on the old JPRA, When I go back in Dec. it will already have been down for a few months....It's kind of cool that Universal is doing it simultaneously with the one in Hollywood.

Surprised to hear it getting pulled up, but I'm not surprised if that's something they decided to split up R&D cost.

Reactions: tankart150
A dark ride just like the movie- with a solid restaurant that the ride incorporates (a la Mexico at Epcot) would be great. The Discovery Center is one of the saddest parts of IoA- if not the saddest. The potential is unreal.
It desperately needs a restaurant and to be the queue for a ride.

I mean, technically it has a restaurant

USH is also highly rumored to be getting a Jurassic World revamp to their River Adventure, as indications have been placing a September closure for that attraction in the west.

Surprised to hear it getting pulled up, but I'm not surprised if that's something they decided to split up R&D cost.
Clone refurbs/changes/updates.

Reactions: tankart150
End of August is back to school time,and that's when it closes....Yeah, but I guess they figure that still works marketing wise to a degree.And, since they're doing it simultaneously on both coasts it makes for an easy national campaign. But again, it appears the Orlando segment was a last minute decision, so maybe they just wanted a more solid line up that was ready to go against the GESWL juggernaut. Potter Coaster, JPRA update/ change/refurb, and T2 replacement is a pretty formidable line up that will be able to utilize two monster level IP's (Potter, Jurassic Park) to go against Disney....The more I think of it the more sense it makes. This is being done more for the future than this year.

Only if they bring in a new ride- not simple a JPRA refurb- no matter how thorough and fantastic of a job it is. They aren't going to run a commercial that says "Come ride our recently refurbished Jurassic Park ride that looks just as good as it did back 20 years ago when it came out."

It's great for the people who go ride it for the first time and are thoroughly impressed. It's great for IoA as a whole- and in particular for fans like us- but for marketing vs SWL- it's not even going to be a blip.
HP will- and if they have a new JW ride, then yes. MoM would've been significantly better IMO- but they have their ideas and I have mine.

(Mods- sorry for the double post)

Only if they bring in a new ride- not simple a JPRA refurb- no matter how thorough and fantastic of a job it is. They aren't going to run a commercial that says "Come ride our recently refurbished Jurassic Park ride that looks just as good as it did back 20 years ago when it came out."

It's great for the people who go ride it for the first time and are thoroughly impressed. It's great for IoA as a whole- and in particular for fans like us- but for marketing vs SWL- it's not even going to be a blip.
HP will- and if they have a new JW ride, then yes. MoM would've been significantly better IMO- but they have their ideas and I have mine.

(Mods- sorry for the double post)
It's nine to ten months on JPRA. When they do one month they clean it all up and reskin all the dinos. I think it's pretty certain there will be considerable changes. This is something that they can get out there, along with the Potter coaster, in time to challenge the GESWL juggernaut. Change the title to "World" in the title and that gives you a new name to market. Two strong IP's make Marketing 101 easy. MoM will come, but that was an impossibility for 2019.

Reactions: Ryno27
Status
Not open for further replies.