Inside Universal Forums

Welcome to the Inside Universal Forums! Register a free account today to become a member. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members and unlock our forums features!

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

Universal's New Park/Site B Blue Sky Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yea, this thing has show scenes, animatronics and special effects. Far from boring.

I didn't mean the special effects, I just meant the outside track layout (from what we could see in the blueprints, it was two out-&-back segments and something that looked like a helix). It seemed too simple to me. You could add a few more track segments, path interactions, maybe a water element if it could fit in there.

two rides for DK?

I don't see why not? DK could probably fit into water-ride attraction better than anything else in the park, plus it was a dead end in the original concept art. If that's the case in the new park, you should probably have something else back there. A lot of other stuff could fit into a fully-expanded DK land as well.

I didn't mean the special effects, I just meant the outside track layout (from what we could see in the blueprints, it was two out-&-back segments and something that looked like a helix). It seemed too simple to me. You could add a few more track segments, path interactions, maybe a water element if it could fit in there.
The best parts are inside though.

I don't see why not? DK could probably fit into water-ride attraction better than anything else in the park, plus it was a dead end in the original concept art. If that's the case in the new park, you should probably have something else back there. A lot of other stuff could fit into a fully-expanded DK land as well.
The barrel scene from Desolation of Smaug is one of the easiest water ride adaptations I’ve ever seen, and modern DK is nowhere popular enough for an entire land

The barrel scene from Desolation of Smaug is one of the easiest water ride adaptations I’ve ever seen, and modern DK is nowhere popular enough for an entire land

It already is, technically.

Personally, I think that SNW 2.0 gets five rides. The three we already have, plus two others (there's lots of possibilities: Luigi's Mansion, Bowsers Airships, a ride based on Peach, a ride based on Mario himself, Diddy Kong, etc).

My Dream for a Universal 4th Park

Ride count is in parenthesis. Lands go clockwise from entrance.

Entrance: Stylized as a old seaport, with fountains and lots of trees. My main path would wind around the town and to the waterfront, leading to a grand-reveal entrance.

Sci-Fi City: Themed to a 1980's-style future setting. The land has dark rides based on Star Trek (1) and Metroid (2). There would also be a VR experience themed to Ready Player One, but it wouldn't be a ride. Back to the Future gets a restaurant.

Super Nintendo World: This would basically be an upgraded version of USF's old permits. There would be rides based on Mario Kart (3), Yoshi (4), Donkey Kong (5), Bowser (6), and Luigi's Mansion (7). Peaches Castle would be expanded, as would the whole land. Expands from 9 acres to 15.

Madagascar: Includes a show and a clone of the boat ride from Universal Singapore (8).

Kung Fu Panda: Uses the Chinese town seen in the movies. Dumplings become the new Butterbeer. Includes a interactive E-ticket based around Po (9) and a live show.

Far Far Away: Themed to fairytales, includes lots of animatronics and storefronts. Looks to Diagon Alley for inspiration. Includes a Shrek family coaster (10) and a E-ticket dark ride (11). Play-areas galore.

The Forgotten Woods: Completely original land and concept. The land includes a Intamin Blitz (12) that glides around the main path, a rapids ride (13) that takes you through an abandoned mine, and a family dark ride (14) themed to story-telling.

Berk: Shares a false mountain with the LOTR land. A family coaster/dark ride (15) is built into the mountain, eventually gliding out onto the water and through several buildings in the town below. Multiple animatronic dragons litter the land, spewing fire at random.

Middle Earth: Based around LOTR/Hobbit icons. The land surrounds a giant false-mountain, with rides and buildings decorating the surrounding landscape. A indoor drop tower (16, based around the Eye of Sauron), a indoor dark ride/coaster hybrid (17, takes inspiration from Gringotts), and a extreme-thrill water ride (18) are the major attractions in the land. Multiple exploration areas are around. It's the biggest land in the park, averaging out to around 25 acres (no, not all of it is up for exploring)

Old Paris: The land includes multiple stores and restaurants, and a large seating area, which allows you to view nighttime shows on the lake. The main attraction here is a dark ride (19) based around the Fantastic Beasts series, but the majority of the land will not be IP-based. There is also a carousel (20).

Interesting note on Screamscape......

"It's been awhile since we talked about what Universal may be planning for their next big theme park in Orlando, and this week Disney & More has posted their own story and findings that are worth a quick read. Bottom line however, whenever I try to do some digging myself into this subject matter, it seems like the contents of this future park and always in a state of flux, with various IPs included at one point, and then replaced the next by others... only to sometimes come back again. It's great that Universal has such a big vision to choose from to get the combination right, but this also says to me that the contents are still very much in flux, and it's hard to lock in any IPs for sure, unless they are owned by Universal themselves.
The DreamWorks Animation characters, for example, are not mentioned in this report, and I've always heard that we should expect them to be in this park one way or another. Either in their own DreamWorks land, or spread out into a few individual lands (Kung Fu Panda Land, How To Train Your Dragon Land, etc...)
There is also an interesting mention of dragging the entire Nintendo themed land or projects into this park, which I admit I've also heard was being talked about as well. Of course the first phase of Super Nintendo World could stuff go into the existing park as originally intended, and a second phase of attraction ideas could also end up in the new park as well. Like I said above... it's all a big shuffle until they are ready to lock it down and send out the bulldozers.
Of course, I also like to think that the constant shuffle of ideas is also intentional... as leaks on a project this big are sure to happen, and keeping an excessive number of wild and crazy ideas floating around is a sure way to make the competition a bit nervous themselves. After all, they wont know what they should be preparing to build to compete against it until the last second"

EDIT: Another interesting note, remember when this Super Mario and Donkey Kong NOT Headed to Universal Studios Florida - Supposedly - Theme Park University article blew up over on the Nintendo forum? If you read the article closely, you can notice how they say "SIX lands/franchises represented on opening day". Thoughts?

Last edited:

"It's been awhile since we talked about what Universal may be planning for their next big theme park in Orlando, and this week Disney & More has posted their own story and findings that are worth a quick read. Bottom line however, whenever I try to do some digging myself into this subject matter, it seems like the contents of this future park and always in a state of flux, with various IPs included at one point, and then replaced the next by others... only to sometimes come back again. It's great that Universal has such a big vision to choose from to get the combination right, but this also says to me that the contents are still very much in flux, and it's hard to lock in any IPs for sure, unless they are owned by Universal themselves.
The DreamWorks Animation characters, for example, are not mentioned in this report, and I've always heard that we should expect them to be in this park one way or another. Either in their own DreamWorks land, or spread out into a few individual lands (Kung Fu Panda Land, How To Train Your Dragon Land, etc...)
There is also an interesting mention of dragging the entire Nintendo themed land or projects into this park, which I admit I've also heard was being talked about as well. Of course the first phase of Super Nintendo World could stuff go into the existing park as originally intended, and a second phase of attraction ideas could also end up in the new park as well. Like I said above... it's all a big shuffle until they are ready to lock it down and send out the bulldozers.
Of course, I also like to think that the constant shuffle of ideas is also intentional... as leaks on a project this big are sure to happen, and keeping an excessive number of wild and crazy ideas floating around is a sure way to make the competition a bit nervous themselves. After all, they wont know what they should be preparing to build to compete against it until the last second"

EDIT: Another interesting note, remember when this Super Mario and Donkey Kong NOT Headed to Universal Studios Florida - Supposedly - Theme Park University article blew up over on the Nintendo forum? If you read the article closely, you can notice how they say "SIX lands/franchises represented on opening day". Thoughts?
With the new rumor of JW coming to JP at IOA, I'm guessing JW should be dropped from our current IP list for 4th gate.

The flux continues.

D&M more article has been discussed and we believe a bit of it is total BS.

Project 314. 314, like 3.14, like pi.

So Project Pi.

Wonder if that means anything?

Asked @NJBrandon about that on Twitter, there is no permit at all of that project number.

Some of it. Not all of it.

Some, sure. But that some, is stuff that has been talked about by IU members for a while (Lord of The Rings rights, JW/JP, Nintendo, Ministry, E.T.C.).

Am I the only one that thinks if they add Bikin Bottom to the new park that it could honestly be the next Diagonal Alley? I think they have a lot to work with, including resturaunts, rides, scenery, shops, meet and greets, and hang out spots. Honestly is one of the more ready for theme park lands than anything else.

Am I the only one that thinks if they add Bikin Bottom to the new park that it could honestly be the next Diagonal Alley? I think they have a lot to work with, including restaurants, rides, scenery, shops, meet and greets, and hang out spots. Honestly is one of the more ready for theme park lands than anything else.
I agree. Bikini Bottom would be awesome. It's the only other franchise other than Simpsons and Potter that have food within the world its self. There's a lot of material to work with and I would love to see it in the parks.

Status
Not open for further replies.