Inside Universal Forums

Welcome to the Inside Universal Forums! Register a free account today to become a member. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members and unlock our forums features!

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

Universal's New Park/Site B Blue Sky Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
My Dream for a Universal 4th Park

Ride count is in parenthesis. Lands go clockwise from entrance.

Entrance: Stylized as a old seaport, with fountains and lots of trees. My main path would wind around the town and to the waterfront, leading to a grand-reveal entrance.

Sci-Fi City: Themed to a 1980's-style future setting. The land has dark rides based on Star Trek (1) and Metroid (2). There would also be a VR experience themed to Ready Player One, but it wouldn't be a ride. Back to the Future gets a restaurant.

Super Nintendo World: This would basically be an upgraded version of USF's old permits. There would be rides based on Mario Kart (3), Yoshi (4), Donkey Kong (5), Bowser (6), and Luigi's Mansion (7). Peaches Castle would be expanded, as would the whole land. Expands from 9 acres to 15.

Madagascar: Includes a show and a clone of the boat ride from Universal Singapore (8).

Kung Fu Panda: Uses the Chinese town seen in the movies. Dumplings become the new Butterbeer. Includes a interactive E-ticket based around Po (9) and a live show.

Far Far Away: Themed to fairytales, includes lots of animatronics and storefronts. Looks to Diagon Alley for inspiration. Includes a Shrek family coaster (10) and a E-ticket dark ride (11). Play-areas galore.

The Forgotten Woods: Completely original land and concept. The land includes a Intamin Blitz (12) that glides around the main path, a rapids ride (13) that takes you through an abandoned mine, and a family dark ride (14) themed to story-telling.

Berk: Shares a false mountain with the LOTR land. A family coaster/dark ride (15) is built into the mountain, eventually gliding out onto the water and through several buildings in the town below. Multiple animatronic dragons litter the land, spewing fire at random.

Middle Earth: Based around LOTR/Hobbit icons. The land surrounds a giant false-mountain, with rides and buildings decorating the surrounding landscape. A indoor drop tower (16, based around the Eye of Sauron), a indoor dark ride/coaster hybrid (17, takes inspiration from Gringotts), and a extreme-thrill water ride (18) are the major attractions in the land. Multiple exploration areas are around. It's the biggest land in the park, averaging out to around 25 acres (no, not all of it is up for exploring)

Old Paris: The land includes multiple stores and restaurants, and a large seating area, which allows you to view nighttime shows on the lake. The main attraction here is a dark ride (19) based around the Fantastic Beasts series, but the majority of the land will not be IP-based. There is also a carousel (20).

Just going to add onto this, so that this becomes a full-resort blue sky.

Citywalk: Themed to a mountain village, built into the mountain that stands as the resorts icon. A faux-river would run through the majority of the area, with waterfalls cascading down into restaurants and shops.

Storm Mountain: The resorts waterpark. The majority of the slides would be built into the mountain, becoming what Volcano Bay could've been. Takes major inspiration from Blizzard Beach.

Hotels: Themed to mountain lodges. The resorts primary hotel would stand near the summit of the mountain, giving guests a breathtaking view of the whole area. Another hotel would be attached to the waterpark, and a third would be attached to the theme park. A fourth would be built near the convention center.

Please forgive any grammar mistakes.

Just going to add onto this, so that this becomes a full-resort blue sky.

Citywalk: Themed to a mountain village, built into the mountain that stands as the resorts icon. A faux-river would run through the majority of the area, with waterfalls cascading down into restaurants and shops.

Storm Mountain: The resorts waterpark. The majority of the slides would be built into the mountain, becoming what Volcano Bay could've been. Takes major inspiration from Blizzard Beach.

Hotels: Themed to mountain lodges. The resorts primary hotel would stand near the summit of the mountain, giving guests a breathtaking view of the whole area. Another hotel would be attached to the waterpark, and a third would be attached to the theme park. A fourth would be built near the convention center.

Please forgive any grammar mistakes.

That's so much rock work.

Quality theming™

Edited that.

To give some blue sky:

Entertainment Complex - The new Entertainment Complex, would be inspired by elements of classical Mediterranean architecture, with multiple varied shops and restaurants. There would also be a new major theater, to where it will have touring Universal Broadway Productions come down to that location (including the likes of Wicked at the start).

Hotels - There would be two hotels at the start, the first, using NBC's The Golf Channel as the basis along with using the architecture of the entertainment complex, for a Deluxe resort. The second, would be a collaboration with Cirque De' Soleil on a unique deluxe resort, with a unique story and theme, exclusive to the hotel. There would also be a dedicated Cirque De' Soleil show, on the scale of The Beatles Love. Both the hotels would cater to more adult audiences, due to the proximity of the Orange County Convention Center.

My 2 cents! I know this might be an unpopular opinion, but please don't have the layout akin to IOA or the World Showcase. I much prefer any other layout for a theme park. I don't mind it in The World Showcase as much as the countries are all on a similar level as far as my desire to see them, (I'm not rushing through China so I can spend time in Italy), but this could change with the addition of new attractions back there, but I've def spent way more time in Mex/Norway/China/Italy thank the UK or Canada since I always head left, and the only other benefit is the natural beauty of a lagoon and the ease of putting on a nighttime spectacular in the center, however I hate having to walk in a giant circle to see each land, and really backtrack or retrace steps to do anything more than once or come back if the line is long.

My 2 cents! I know this might be an unpopular opinion, but please don't have the layout akin to IOA or the World Showcase. I much prefer any other layout for a theme park. I don't mind it in The World Showcase as much as the countries are all on a similar level as far as my desire to see them, (I'm not rushing through China so I can spend time in Italy), but this could change with the addition of new attractions back there, but I've def spent way more time in Mex/Norway/China/Italy thank the UK or Canada since I always head left, and the only other benefit is the natural beauty of a lagoon and the ease of putting on a nighttime spectacular in the center, however I hate having to walk in a giant circle to see each land, and really backtrack or retrace steps to do anything more than once or come back if the line is long.
What kind of park layout would you rather?

Status
Not open for further replies.