Inside Universal Forums

Welcome to the Inside Universal Forums! Register a free account today to become a member. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members and unlock our forums features!

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

Antarctica - Empire of the Penguin

Antarctica is certainly no Pooh's Honey Hunt, however, the beginning sequences of the ride are not awful. I think it gets bad when you enter the screen areas. However, hard to see how this ride could have told the story without the use of screens given the obvious space restrictions. I think an animatronic or two would have really helped this ride with the critical reception. A lot of the faults are forgiven once dropped off at the incredible penguin habitat. Easily the best in the world.

F&F isn't mind-blowing, but saying Antarctica is better is such a stretch.

Antarctica is horrible. The exhibit is amazing, the attraction is a poor excuse of an attraction (trackless or not).
Antarctica is definitely worse than F&F and i've been a big critic of F&F. There's really no point to the ride and the point where you're in front of a screen, you're literally just in front of a screen and can see the walls without even moving your vision much.

The ride system is what they wanted to wow people with, but they forgot about the rest of the ride.

It's so weird seeing Orlando locals' reactions to Antarctica vs tourists reactions to it. I think y'all are too used to the $100 million dark rides that Universal and Disney plough money into.

Everyone in my family loved Antarctica when on vacation in 2014 and again in 2016.

There are higher profile (I use the term vaguely of course) British enthusiasts who say that Antarctica is a great dark ride.

It's certainly better than Symbolica (similar ride system) and that got rave reviews over here in Europe.

Just imagine if Antarctica popped up at a park outside of Orlando, people wouldn't be mind blown but it wouldn't get the hate that it gets at the minute, which is undeserved in my opinion.

It's so weird seeing Orlando locals' reactions to Antarctica vs tourists reactions to it. I think y'all are too used to the $100 million dark rides that Universal and Disney plough money into.

Everyone in my family loved Antarctica when on vacation in 2014 and again in 2016.

There are higher profile (I use the term vaguely of course) British enthusiasts who say that Antarctica is a great dark ride.

It's certainly better than Symbolica (similar ride system) and that got rave reviews over here in Europe.

Just imagine if Antarctica popped up at a park outside of Orlando, people wouldn't be mind blown but it wouldn't get the hate that it gets at the minute, which is undeserved in my opinion.
I think it suffers the same hype as F&F it could have been so much more

I have not been on Antartica or Symbolica, but you are in such the vast minority, if not the ONLY person, with that view I have to question your honesty and intentions of posting here.

I have not been on Antartica or Symbolica, but you are in such the vast minority, if not the ONLY person, with that view I have to question your honesty and intentions of posting here.

I completely disagree with your post. I also think Antarctica for what it is, is a good enough ride for SeaWorld. I completely agree with what MakoMania said above about the perception from Locals vs. Tourists.

Granted, is it the best use of the ride system? No. Does it do the job? Yes. Takes you from Pucks view, into his world and throws you out to probably one of the greatest Penguin exhibits in the world. The point of SeaWorld really isn't about rides, it's about the Animals. That alone makes it a solid attraction.

I think the problem lies in that everyone thinks it's cool to rank on SeaWorld because it's popular to do so now. Just my 2 Cents.

^Yeah, questioning someone's honesty and intentions because they have a different opinion to you isn't such a great thing to do either, especially from a staff member.

I apologize, I should not have said I was questioning your honesty and intentions. Your constant refuting of facts (see SeaWorld financial stuff) and off opinions have raised my Intentions Radar.

Chill bruh

Very likely.

I apologize, I should not have said I was questioning your honesty and intentions. Your constant refuting of facts (see SeaWorld financial stuff) and off opinions have raised my Intentions Radar.

I always base what I say about SeaWorld finances on reports released by the company. Everything outside of that is pure speculation of course.

I hate dragging topics down into personal tit for tat, but on this occasion you have twice chosen to target me by posting snarkily rather than in a polite way, so I don't have much of a choice :(

Last edited: