Inside Universal Forums

Welcome to the Inside Universal Forums! Register a free account today to become a member. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members and unlock our forums features!

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

Detective Pikachu

Some set photos came out, showing Ryme City Police Department, as designs of the Graveler, Machoke, and Pancham were leaked.

tecpikachu21.jpg

I played the game, literally the game is easily adaptable to film. Its also the my favorite Pokemon spin off game...we are truly in for a treat.

I think it's the execution of the jokes along with a very simple to understand story for everyone that makes it for me. It's also very much acknowledging of a lot of previous generations Pokemon, which is great to see being incorporated.

Not to mention, I can now see why Ryan is Pikachu if we are going off by the likes of Kaiji Tang and what he has contributed to the game role in particular on the English dub.

To say this, I absolutely love the choice of asthetic for Detective Pikachu. It feels so good, and I can already see it working very well for that.

That said, I am now fully on-board with the project. The game, was surprisingly funny, with an easy to understand story that while maybe repetitive, works.

To say this, I absolutely love the choice of asthetic for Detective Pikachu. It feels so good, and I can already see it working very well for that.

That said, I am now fully on-board with the project. The game, was surprisingly funny, with an easy to understand story that while maybe repetitive, works.

I do have to wonder if the movie is going to end up with the same ending as the game though otherwise some people are going to be mad.....

I do have to wonder if the movie is going to end up with the same ending as the game though otherwise some people are going to be mad.....

I'm arguing there will be changes, but it'll be mainly done due to that I do think Detective Pikachu will kickstart a series of Pokemon films connected together in a way.

Looks like the plan to advertise in hype for the upcoming Super Nintendo World from Universal isn't going to work exactly as planned. At least a Super Mario movie is gonna be made with Illumination so it isn't a big loss anyways....