Universal's Cinematic Celebration Night Show | Page 38 | Inside Universal Forums

Universal's Cinematic Celebration Night Show

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
They’re permanently staying for this show. Just accidentally overhead entertainment techs discussing some stuff while I was taking photos just now. They were looking for a good spot to put some kind of control booth. Think they settled on behind Richters.

Some interesting words I swear they said, but I have no idea the context: “drone,” “bleachers,” “flies out on the wire to the other side,” and “we’ll drain it every Sunday to reach them/yes they go all the way to the bottom; they’re not floating.”

Take that all as you will. I have no clue what this show will be but they seemed pretty geared up about it.
I read this without noticing who posted it and was like "yeah right" but I got hyped when I saw it was you saying this!

They’re permanently staying for this show. Just accidentally overhead entertainment techs discussing some stuff while I was taking photos just now. They were looking for a good spot to put some kind of control booth. Think they settled on behind Richters.

Some interesting words I swear they said, but I have no idea the context: “drone,” “bleachers,” “flies out on the wire to the other side,” and “we’ll drain it every Sunday to reach them/yes they go all the way to the bottom; they’re not floating.”

Take that all as you will. I have no clue what this show will be but they seemed pretty geared up about it.

Got a good belly laugh from the "they go all the way to the bottom".

For what it's worth, what they're installing isn't your typical painting scaffolding. Got an up close look at this when I was in the park yesterday. I work in construction and I know those structures very well. They're installing heavy industrial stainless steel deck scaffold structure and they appear to be welding it at each joint. That type of structure isn't cheap and it can hold a ton of weight. So I'm confident that's the final show structure. It can last for a decade at least without needing any work. But they probably can't lift it out of the water to work on it if they needed to.

I also overheard two Universal guys walking to the park area and they were saying the platform was only a third done... If so, this thing is going to be huge!

I also live right behind the park and saw them testing fireworks the other night. I'm very curious as to when they're going to announce what this is.

For what it's worth, what they're installing isn't your typical painting scaffolding. Got an up close look at this when I was in the park yesterday. I work in construction and I know those structures very well. They're installing heavy industrial stainless steel deck scaffold structure and they appear to be welding it at each joint. That type of structure isn't cheap and it can hold a ton of weight. So I'm confident that's the final show structure. It can last for a decade at least without needing any work. But they probably can't lift it out of the water to work on it if they needed to.

I also overheard two Universal guys walking to the park area and they were saying the platform was only a third done... If so, this thing is going to be huge!

I also live right behind the park and saw them testing fireworks the other night. I'm very curious as to when they're going to announce what this is.
Yea, I didn’t realize it was grated with holes until I saw it in person. That does make it more like World of Color than I thought. (Instead they’ll lower the water rather than raise the platform to service it.)

Yea, I didn’t realize it was grated with holes until I saw it in person. That does make it more like World of Color than I thought. (Instead they’ll lower the water rather than raise the platform to service it.)

I wonder if they were discussing draining every Sunday to collect fallen drones, why would they need to drain every Sunday?

Looks like Universal is finally doing a proper night show. I'm honestly more excited about this than anything else at Universal right now... Or Disney for that Matter.. except maybe Star Wars.

Reactions: Teebin
I wonder if they were discussing draining every Sunday to collect fallen drones, why would they need to drain every Sunday?

World of Color and Bellagio does maintenance every day on their show, so if this is a fountain or effect show, I'm assuming they would need to drain to do routine check-up on all of the show equipment.

If this is just for drones, this platform is overkill. You could drive a truck over that thing.

Yeah, they have cleared almost all of central park so I would expect that the platform will grow significantly larger. It will probably extend most of the way to Richter's.

The Potter show hasn’t been marketed heavily so whenever the lagoon show opens I expect them both to be marketed together with a new “Universal at Night” campaign possibly with VB (as intended)? Although I doubt Uni has given up opening VB late and adding a show

Strangely, when I was there this weekend, every digital billboard I saw with Universal ads was of the Nighttime Lights show. My reaction was, "Oh yeah. I forgot that's there now." So you're right.. a Supercharged Summer campaign could work with Supercharged, extended hours (USF is open until 10pm everyday starting 6/17 and IOA even earlier), new nighttime show, and Hogwarts lights. They can throw in a DJ dance party if they wanted to go the Disney route and include that too.

Reactions: happy bunny rabbit
In addition to Central Park the folks were talking like viewing was still going to be good across the way on other side of lagoon. Part of the reason they said behind Richters would be better for their booth/whatever was that the spot in front of Starbucks world be too crowded. At least I think that’s what they meant.

Also, the view from Battery Park will likely still be awesome as well:

2E8F3CE1-F06C-42C7-8CD8-E25658595D36.jpeg

Area near Simpsons and MiB bridge may be the only bad viewing area for this one if you ask me.