Halloween Horror Nights 28 General Discussion | Page 150 | Inside Universal Forums

Halloween Horror Nights 28 General Discussion

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Question: where did the every other pattern come from for Original vs. IP with the clue structure?

My reason for asking is that, were this to hold true, that means we would have five Original concepts this year. Not that I am complaining (the Originals are often my favorites), I just want confirmation that these are the rules of the game.

Granted, if there is a tenth house, then we could have an even split
tenor.gif

The 10th house rumor is just a rumor isn't it? We have nine code-names and the press release said nine houses.

My off-hand no-evidence hope for the "secret" house is a Fangoria house or something like that, featuring several iconic moments from genre favorites.

Reactions: happy bunny rabbit
The 10th house rumor is just a rumor isn't it? We have nine code-names and the press release said nine houses.

My off-hand no-evidence hope for the "secret" house is a Fangoria house or something like that, featuring several iconic moments from genre favorites.
Well... I have a tenth code name and a normal location missing a house. So either one of the nine code names was misheard, a house was scrapped, or we have a mystery tenth house.

Well... I have a tenth code name and a normal location missing a house. So either one of the nine code names was misheard, a house was scrapped, or we have a mystery tenth house.
So there is a tenth code-name. VERY interesting. Sorry if I missed you mentioning that before.

Idk why but I feel like the MiB Tent might be the missing one. That location seems to be a headache for everyone involved. Isn’t there also a really “hush hush” House this year that no one knows about?

So there is a tenth code-name. VERY interesting. Sorry if I missed you mentioning that before.
I hadn't mentioned it.
Idk why but I feel like the MiB Tent might be the missing one. That location seems to be a headache for everyone involved. Isn’t there also a really “hush hush” House this year that no one knows about?
It's not a tent. But the idea that there is a "mystery" house is a little bit of rumor and a whole lot of "Why is there no house there? There's suppose to be a house there."

But yeah, I currently have ten code names and only nine houses.

Hahaha! All of this makes what little I know weirder.

I thought for sure that one would be "Surprise".
Definitely not Surprise.
Could the 10th codename be for a show or icon? Like HOOK last year for the Potter show?
Hook was different. It was listed with the streets. This was distinctly given to me as a house code name.

Hey long time lurker, first time poster (usually stick to HNN).

I hadn't mentioned it.

It's not a tent. But the idea that there is a "mystery" house is a little bit of rumor and a whole lot of "Why is there no house there? There's suppose to be a house there."

But yeah, I currently have ten code names and only nine houses.

From my very quick search permits have been filed for 5 houses. Ignoring tents the only “usual” locations without a permit are SS19 (the Shining maze last year), Shrek, and Parade building.

There was a really odd tweet posted by the official universal Orlando account a while ago involving Shrek, which no one could work out. Seemed to be hinting Shrek may close, but return in another form. Can’t find it but do remember it being really random and very odd.

Having said that, it wouldn’t be that surprising if Shrek is not being used given the rumours it may be going soon anyway. Also, given Nintendo land was supposed to annex pretty much the area around the parade building it would make it even more difficult to get to (remember the trek to AvED last year?). So again, wouldn’t be too controversial.

What would raise eyebrows is if SS19 isn’t being used (so far). So that’s my guess. Probably wrong on the speculation here, but that’s half the fun right? Haha

Hey long time lurker, first time poster (usually stick to HNN).

From my very quick search permits have been filed for 5 houses. Ignoring tents the only “usual” locations without a permit are SS19 (the Shining maze last year), Shrek, and Parade building.

There was a really odd tweet posted by the official universal Orlando account a while ago involving Shrek, which no one could work out. Seemed to be hinting Shrek may close, but return in another form. Can’t find it but do remember it being really random and very odd.

Having said that, it wouldn’t be that surprising if Shrek is not being used given the rumours it may be going soon anyway. Also, given Nintendo land was supposed to annex pretty much the area around the parade building it would make it even more difficult to get to (remember the trek to AvED last year?). So again, wouldn’t be too controversial.

What would raise eyebrows is if SS19 isn’t being used (so far). So that’s my guess. Probably wrong on the speculation here, but that’s half the fun right? Haha
IIRC SS19 was not used at all last year (Shining was in SS22) so I don't think that would make people say "there is supposed to be a house there". I would think that Shrek might though.

Oops my bad. Misreading the map haha.

In that case what about where AHS was? Megahouse was SS21 (I think) and has no permit....yet. Normally I’d expect Stranger Things to occupy the megahouse slot, but in all the official announcements for this IP there’s been no mention of megahouse at all. Curiouser and curiouser...

I remember this. Was something like the back of a Shrek costume head being illuminated by stage lights...weird.

BTW Welcome to the forums Matt! Glad to see you here!